Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-08-2010, 01:26 PM   #901
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Why not work out how the items are saved in the savegame files and modify them there?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 25-08-2010, 10:03 PM   #902
Scatty
Treasure hunter

It's not that easy actually, since the hex-code for item(s) changes all the time and depending on the party location in the game world, what was before a hex-code for some sword would be now a code for some other item. I tried earlier to hex-edit my savegames, but always got illegal items after going to a different area. To make the matters worse, hex-codes for items seem to be located not just in a single location but on many.
Don't think there've even been any inventory editors for Lands of Lore, ever, only trainers and at best character stats editors.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 01-09-2010, 08:27 PM   #903
Blaatman

I did some looking around, and I found some old posts from 2006:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphire View Post
The thing is that the inventory places change in every area you are in, so if you really want to cheat in this game you're better off with editing the inventory at the beginning of the game, as long as you didn't leave Gladstone Keep yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
Rather the value of the item changes, the inventory place stays the same. Look here for the hexlist - DLH
"Die 48 Items im gemeinsamen Gep ck" (they forgot to translate it) means "The 48 items in shared inventory".
When you click on the link in post #2, you'll find the item locations (offset 618-713).

Other than that, I do have a savegame from a guy nicked Reanimator from the start of the game, with items not found anywhere in the game. However, these don't have any graphics not used elsewhere in the game. I think it has some of the items from the bottom list:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Here is the list of the items you need a luck to find (at least, in disk version):
1. Horseshoe
2. Halberd (if you are loyal and do not consider Gladstone guards as "monsters")
3. Great maul
4. Sickle
5. Worn key
6. Long sword "Gnarl"
7. Long sword "Snarl"
8. Long sword "Gnash"
9. Great sword "Trouble"
10. Dwarvish scale mail
11. Ebony key
12. Eagle great sword
13. Great axe "Death"

There are also items you can only get using a cheat (no fair way known):
1. Great maul "Pillage"
2. Zephyr ring
3. Bow "Tempest"
4. Cloud ring *
5. Great bow "Darkness" *
(thanks to Undertaker for *)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Watch This! Here is an addition to Maerryji's item list. I've never seen anyone talk about those things:

axe "Splitter"
great axe "Meister"
great axe "Executioner"
great maul "Thor's Fist"
great maul "Armageddon"
great bow "Tracker"
long sword "Ares' Breath"
long sword "Life Taker"
rapier "Coup D' Grace"
staff "Gainful"
bloody staff
trident "Pestilence"
Mesmer's great helm
aegis kite shield
bronze key
blood key
talba ring
vortex scroll

This is the full list of unknown items of Lands.
It is created by Maerryji (algorithm) and Me (performance) .
I've also tried hex-editing myself, and once I got an item 'Quarrel', that looked like one of the Great Mauls, but it wasn't equipable. In fact, it didn't do anything.

Old 16-09-2010, 11:30 AM   #904
Helper
Wink

The Book of Lore needed for the DOS version of the game is available here : http://www.oldgames.sk/en/game/lands.../download/436/

Old 18-09-2010, 06:27 PM   #905
joshn1234

Default Copy Protection

http://www.replacementdocs.com/download.php?view.2166

This link is for the book you need (other than the manual) for the copy protection.
joshn1234 is offline                         Send a private message to joshn1234
Old 03-10-2010, 04:13 AM   #906
RitingFool

Default Game Crashes to Black Screen

As reported by someone else a page or so back, as soon as I pick my hero, the game crashes to a black screen. I'm running the game through DosBox in Windows Vista Home.

Any solution?

Regards,
Michael
RitingFool is offline                         Send a private message to RitingFool
Old 09-10-2010, 10:19 AM   #907
jasonmloh
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitingFool View Post
As reported by someone else a page or so back, as soon as I pick my hero, the game crashes to a black screen. I'm running the game through DosBox in Windows Vista Home.

Any solution?

Regards,
Michael
Pardon, may I know what you did in Dosbox under Vista ? Make sure you have the latest version of Dosbox.
________
Ipad Cases

Last edited by jasonmloh; 01-05-2011 at 12:45 AM.
jasonmloh is offline                         Send a private message to jasonmloh
Old 13-10-2010, 04:57 AM   #908
RitingFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmloh View Post
Pardon, may I know what you did in Dosbox under Vista ? Make sure you have the latest version of Dosbox.
I'm running the latest version of DosBox (0.74), and am running everything "normally", no strange commands or anything. All other games I have seem to run fine, I'm just having a problem with Lands of Lore right now.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Regards,
Michael
RitingFool is offline                         Send a private message to RitingFool
Old 13-10-2010, 06:04 AM   #909
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

What do you mean "normally"? Can you post your mount commands, as sometimes faults like this come form mounting the games folder as C:, instead of another folder with the game folder inside of it.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 13-10-2010, 08:44 AM   #910
jasonmloh
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitingFool View Post
I'm running the latest version of DosBox (0.74), and am running everything "normally", no strange commands or anything. All other games I have seem to run fine, I'm just having a problem with Lands of Lore right now.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Regards,
Michael
It should work considering the fact that you did it right. Here is a suggestion, you can try downloading the game again and then running it in dosbox. There has been some rare cases where the downloaded archive appears to be corrupted or faulty or even different from the one you have right now. But like I said it is rare.
________
Property Insurance Advice

Last edited by jasonmloh; 01-05-2011 at 12:45 AM.
jasonmloh is offline                         Send a private message to jasonmloh