Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-03-2006, 11:08 PM   #101
ronjan41

Hi. Can any tell me how you buy and sell futures?
Thanks.
Ron
ronjan41 is offline                         Send a private message to ronjan41
Old 13-03-2006, 03:02 PM   #102
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Urm... try re-wording that question.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 13-03-2006, 03:35 PM   #103
Doubler
Resident Llama

Send a message via MSN to Doubler

You don't buy or sell futures, you agree on them. It means that you'll sell the crop against the prices as they are at the time that you issue the future, no matter if it rises or falls in the meantime. You can do this in the schedual for a field, iirc
Old 16-04-2006, 04:17 PM   #104

Is there any way to prevent city growth?

I tried buying all the land around city but... the city built in a a non-contiguous lot.

BTW, the futures work like this:
- Select a field you're growing, select the futures icon and click on the date of that same week.
- Then, when your crop is harvested it will be sold quickly (no storage needed) at the price shown on the week you set it (if its quality ends at 100%).
- You can see the total amount you'll get because of futures in your balance sheet, and the amount lost if the price was higher on harvest time that it was when you set the futures.

2nd BTW: this game is fun.

Old 24-06-2006, 05:40 AM   #105

I don´t know how to expand my lands... I have about 300k in my hands and nothing to buy more lands... How?

Old 04-08-2006, 03:56 PM   #106
Cire.T

Okay.. I have the original SIM FARM on 2 hard disk's disk one and disk two.. the only thing is i have a turtle beach sound card. which sound choice would work on that? I don't have a selection for sound blaster 2. but there is a sound blaster. a sound blaster pro 1 and 2 and other oddities. but i don't know which one will work. and there are too many to decide how to test LOL. any help?

Old 07-08-2006, 12:43 PM   #107
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

What exact specs are you running at?
What is your soundcard?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 10-10-2006, 11:52 PM   #108
Danno

How do you harvest a field i sound like a dummie but i don't have the directions to help me?

Old 11-10-2006, 08:30 AM   #109
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

I hope I remember this well, it's been at least 10 years
Right-click on the field; you will see a planning layout there with month, year and little icons showing crops and grey icons showing silos. When the time reaches the date where such a silo icon is situated, the field will be harvested. You can use the buttons next to the timeline to add icons to the timeline (for example if you want to harvest next week already).
However when you just plant a field, the timeline will already include dates for harvest. So you better have a good reason to harvest earlier (for example the crop has already matured quite a bit and the prices will likely drop soon; or the crop has been eaten by locusts so you want to plant something new instead).

Make sure that you have seeds, fertilizer, pesticide, fungicide, herbicide available, otherwise it's more expensive.

Also, there is a help file in the game (see the right side of the menu, you should find help there).
Old 21-10-2006, 02:20 AM   #110
geek

Can somebody set me straight here?

I have both versions of Sim Farm. Either the Windows version is corrupt or I am a retard. When I run the windows version, the graphics actually look worse than when I run the Dos version with dosbox!!

What am I doing wrong here? Running Windows XP.

ANY HELP would be appreciated!!!