Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-11-2004, 05:46 PM   #31
Element

Civ II is a great game and it beat Civ III in all respects. The combats on Civ III are sissy and stupid, and it take the fun out of the combat, and also the graphics are to puffy and if they wanted to improve them should have made it like Alpha Centuri. They came up with some really stupid ideas for Civ III too, e.g. the comabt mistake (what you've never heard of bullet/bomb/shell/grenade proof chainmail before?) and they way you have to get certain resorces before you can build more advanced units.
The only problem with Civ II is that when global warming gets past the stage when the whole world turns inton swamp , the land doesnt stard to disappear like on Alpha Centuri.
Sorry ablut the long letter, and all the bitching, but i rreally had to complain about it to somebody.

Old 26-11-2004, 07:38 AM   #32
danron1376

The Civilization series has got to be one of the best games of all time! I remember doing 8 hour blocks on Civ 1. That didn't really change for Civ 2. Not too many games has made me play that long in one sitting.
Old 03-12-2004, 04:07 AM   #33
G Death

Hi

Well if not the best a rival of none, civ 2 wins hands down.
as no diff from civ 3, i fell civ 2, or 3 comes down to how you play.
graphics only comes to confusion in civ 3. having play aginst my friend
civ 3, must come to game time and the lack of catching from behind,
is the short fall. where spys need more work if civ 3 is to come around.
but here i say civ 2 democracy is way to good and needs pulling back.
in this account for winning battles. if you loss with a battleship in civ 2,
you're not very good, or care like napoleon. were he said; I don't care for a
thousand horses, way do care for a thousand men. if you're lossing in
battles try veteran units.
tip for civ 2, battleships asleep in cities with city walls, coast forters,
and air defence, do very well.

bye

Old 06-12-2004, 10:09 PM   #34
Proudwolf
Lurker

My best firends Dad loves the first one that came out game. Though I haven't seen or heard much of this game.
Proudwolf is offline                         Send a private message to Proudwolf
Old 07-12-2004, 08:56 PM   #35
Unknown Hero
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Proudwolf@Dec 7 2004, 12:09 AM
My best firends Dad loves the first one that came out game. Though I haven't seen or heard much of this game.
If you like good strategy games (especially turn based) then you must download this jewel and play it! I assure you, you will like it! If not kill me!
Unknown Hero is offline                         Send a private message to Unknown Hero
Old 18-12-2004, 11:21 AM   #36

Hi, I like this game alot, and I'm interested in making scenarios. Are there any guides around about how to make good scenarios, including how to pick the tribes you need for the scenario, how to place cities, units, and things like irregation? Thanks for your time.

Old 18-12-2004, 11:30 AM   #37
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

http://www.civgaming.net/mercator/

http://www.fortunecity.com/underworld/virt...4/civ2scen.html

http://www.campus.ecp.fr/~pano/main_.shtml

Well those are just a few scenario pages that poped up in Google. If nothing else works - play a few scenarios and you'll get an idea what's good, then try and make one yourself. Keep working and playing it untill you're satisfied.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 25-12-2004, 08:22 PM   #38
Blanco[Ad1]

Yo! Civ2 is my favourite game and im playin it in mge by adone clan (http://adone.dmkhosting.com/forum/index.php) ;D i like playin on emperor difficult level cuz on deity its too many disorder, so its very harder to fight

Old 26-12-2004, 02:35 AM   #39
achinz

Actually the most important Civ2 site is not civfanatics but the older Apolyton:
http://apolyton.net/forums/forumdisp...p?s=&forumid=3

The Great Library in the Strategy forum ( http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=83988 ) has an incredible amount of information undocumented data and successful strategies. It will give an idea of the depth of Civ2 and its ongoing appeal to TBS fans who want the challenges rather than eye candy exemplified by Civ3.

Old 26-12-2004, 03:00 AM   #40
Kon-Tiki
[BANNED]

Strategy that works best for me, is at the very start of the game, make a colony, then let it make a settler before making anything else, which you take out to make a colony nearby, which won't make anything else but a settler too. One of your more settled colonies can make another settler to improve surrounding land of the colonies and lay roads. I noticed that, with this technique and finding an occasional new town from those barbarian huts, I quickly got a lint of colonies wrapped around the world, impossible for the other players to pass through, unless I want them to.
Kon-Tiki is offline                         Send a private message to Kon-Tiki