Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-01-2005, 11:47 PM   #31
MasterGrazzt
Game Wizzard

Those cheats have to be entered with the executable, not in the game.
MasterGrazzt is offline                         Send a private message to MasterGrazzt
Old 21-01-2005, 11:50 PM   #32
Leonardi

Quote:
Originally posted by MasterGrazzt@Jan 22 2005, 12:47 AM
Those cheats have to be entered with the executable, not in the game.
Do you mean as a command line parameter? ARKANOID -RUNCHEAT? Because that doesn't work.
Leonardi is offline                         Send a private message to Leonardi
Old 21-01-2005, 11:52 PM   #33
MasterGrazzt
Game Wizzard

Without the dash, and you probably have to use some keystrokes in the game itself. Alt C maybe?
MasterGrazzt is offline                         Send a private message to MasterGrazzt
Old 22-01-2005, 12:58 AM   #34
Leonardi

Quote:
Originally posted by MasterGrazzt@Jan 22 2005, 12:52 AM
Without the dash, and you probably have to use some keystrokes in the game itself. Alt C maybe?
No, it doesn't work either. How weird that every site lists the same cheat and yet it simply doesn't work. I doubt people even tested those codes.
Leonardi is offline                         Send a private message to Leonardi
Old 06-04-2005, 03:35 PM   #35
TrashCan

Quote:
Originally posted by NdY@Jan 18 2005, 12:15 PM
Hahahaha! Finally!!!!!!!!

:Brain:* :Brain:* :Brain:* :Brain:* :Brain:* :Brain:* :Brain:* :Brain:

Arkanoid FINISHED!!!!

It has 33 levels. Last one is an strange red totem. You must hit him with the ball while he shoots to your paddle.
I played this game when I was only a small TrashCan and I reached L.33 only once. But now, with DOSBOX - which I used to change the speel of the game - I only needed 90 minutes to finish the entire game. Without practice!

I would say: Thank God I didn't spend money buying this game. Thank Abandonia for relieving me of another childhood trauma (not defeating such a simple game). Abandonia Rocks!
TrashCan is offline                         Send a private message to TrashCan
Old 07-04-2005, 09:02 AM   #36
Gejmer Božo

Quote:
Originally posted by NdY@Jan 18 2005, 12:15 PM
Hahahaha! Finally!!!!!!!!

:Brain:* :Brain:* :Brain:* :Brain:* :Brain:* :Brain:* :Brain:* :Brain:

Arkanoid FINISHED!!!!

It has 33 levels. Last one is an strange red totem. You must hit him with the ball while he shoots to your paddle.
I played this game when I was 8 - 9 years old and I would finish it like 2 or 3 times a week. I don't know what's so hard about it.
Gejmer Božo is offline                         Send a private message to Gejmer Božo
Old 05-05-2005, 09:23 PM   #37
bahman
Abandonia nerd

Well this is one of the nicest games I have ever played. You have to train your eyes and your fingers together because you are not given any time to think about anything, but that is not all about this game. There are some nice items which help you to control the ball in better manner and you have to have specific plan for getting them and not lossing them, because they are very important for finishing each level and sometimes losing one item means losing one paddle or your life become hard like hell. One the most important issue for people who enjoy this game is that theybecome master in moving and using the paddle. It is very important to gain this visualization to understand where will be the aprroximate final distanation of the ball and that is essentail because the speed of ball increases by time and you simply lose all your paddles in a hard level if you you don't have this abbility. Rahter than that you also have to learn how to hit the ball because any mistake in hitting the ball in an unwanted place on the paddle cost you a lots of time, energy, nerves and paddle. That is a fun game, don't miss it. I have to say that it will sure make you mad but that is the point because you have to prepare yourself for that moment and situation and...
bahman is offline                         Send a private message to bahman
Old 29-06-2005, 09:03 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally posted by Fenris@Oct 30 2004, 03:46 PM
...and another breakout game which was even older than this arkanoid here. Too bad that I can't remember its name anymore but it was great...
The oldest one I know of is Breakout on the Atari 2600.

As this style of game is referred to as breakout, I'm willing to bet it was the first.

:w00t:

Old 15-11-2005, 03:03 AM   #39
moogle
Abandonia Homie

Jeezus christ this game pisses me off.
For one, you can't skip the opening part, which gets verry anoying.
Secondly, you can't hit the ball with the side of your pannel/wall, which I frequently do, so that means if the ball is falling to the sid of your paddle and you move it twords the ball in a slashshot type movement, the ball goes THROUGH the paddle, that really pisses me off. Although, I must admit getting all the lil flaty things is kinda fun, specialy when you start gettin em in chains of combos an such, still, overall I'd give this a 2 for nogalista only really...
moogle is offline                         Send a private message to moogle
Old 21-01-2006, 11:43 AM   #40
stijnelijn

Not many clones??

That was a joke i asume? It wasn,t the first of this type neither. Heck atari sold carttridges with 100 games in 1 for their old gamecomputers and every single one of these games were based on the same idea, bounce the ball with the paddle. But there are at least 100 clones of arkanoid and the likes.

the fun one i played of these was traz, it had more paddles to handle and had a build-in easy to use map and campaign editor.