Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau > Abandonia Case Files
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-09-2013, 12:16 PM   #1
factcheckingcuz

Default [Amayirot Akago] Creature Shock

Hey guys! I've been searching high and low for this game for a while.

It was a DOS game, and I'm almost sure it was from around 1993-95, but I can be wrong. I cant remember if it was on floppys or a cd disc, but I think floppys. I haven't seen it on any abandonware site since, so it isnt a famous title, but I reckon it must be out there somewhere

The graphics were VGA, and in the first mission you'd fly your spacecraft trough a meteor storm to some red planet. The view was from behind the craft, a slim whitish craft, and you'd dodge the meteors, and I think also attacking ufos. A real challeging first level I remember.

The next levels where about exploring a tunnelsystem on the planet with real creepy aliens popping out. The graphics in the were sort of like Myst 1, with first person view, and where you click ahead and the movement was fixed, so you couldnt look around, or turn as you please. It was kind of like moving trough a movie, with head bobbing and all, so it was more like pseudo 3D (Sorry langugage barrier, hope it makes sense.). The Aliens were real good graphics for the time, and truely horrible ( i was 10-11 years old )

Sound was SB16, i dont remember any speech from the game, if there was any it would be texted.

Hope you can help, and thanks in advance

Last edited by factcheckingcuz; 22-09-2013 at 12:34 PM.
factcheckingcuz is offline                         Send a private message to factcheckingcuz
Old 22-09-2013, 03:28 PM   #2
Amayirot Akago
Hiya, dollface.

Pretty sure that's Creature Shock.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/creature-shock
Old 22-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #3
factcheckingcuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amayirot Akago View Post
Pretty sure that's Creature Shock.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/creature-shock
Wooo, That's it! That title really just escaped my memory.
Thanks a bunch for the fast reply
factcheckingcuz is offline                         Send a private message to factcheckingcuz