Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner > Programming
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-08-2006, 10:28 AM   #1
chrknudsen

Greetings fellow DOS gamers!

Over the past year I've programmed a game called WormWars 3. It's based on the classic Snake game with a whole bunch of extra stuff, including 20 different weapons and devices, three levels of difficulty, 11 default levels, built-in level editor, two game modes (score match and death match), and a fairly sophisticated AI for challenging games against the computer. The game is textmode, so all 'graphics' are ASCII characters, but this shouldn't detract from the gameplay value.

I've currently finished the first beta version of the game (which is pretty much a completely finished version) and am looking for a bunch of people to test it for me (hopefully around 15-20 people). If you would like to test it for me, please drop your email address in this thread, send it to me in a personal message, or email it to me at: webmaster[at]wormwars.net. I will then send you an email that contains both the DOS and the Windows version of the game, as well as further instructions on how to test the game (i.e. what to do if you find a bug, what kind of feedback I'm interested in, and so on...).

As the game is freeware and I've made it in my spare time, I can't offer any form of payment for your playtesting services. But since you're all gaming fans anyway, I guess playing a game doesn't exactly qualify as "work"... ;o)

Thanks for your time!

Kind regards,
Christian Knudsen
chrknudsen is offline                         Send a private message to chrknudsen
Old 25-08-2006, 10:38 AM   #2
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

I'd like to test it. Remove your email adress quickly, cause this is anpublic forum thus it could bring you load02z of spam mail.
webmast[at] should do the work. k:
Old 25-08-2006, 10:49 AM   #3
chrknudsen

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Icewolf @ Aug 25 2006, 10:38 AM) [snapback]250896[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I'd like to test it. Remove your email adress quickly, cause this is anpublic forum thus it could bring you load02z of spam mail.
webmast[at] should do the work. k:
[/b]
Thanks for the advice!

I'll need your email address to send the game to...
chrknudsen is offline                         Send a private message to chrknudsen
Old 25-08-2006, 12:18 PM   #4
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

I suggest the following thing.
You click on my profile (directly on ICEWOLF) and there is an option "Send an email" on the right. You can send me a link where I can download it. k:
Old 25-08-2006, 12:50 PM   #5
chrknudsen

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Icewolf @ Aug 25 2006, 12:18 PM) [snapback]250916[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I suggest the following thing.
You click on my profile (directly on ICEWOLF) and there is an option "Send an email" on the right. You can send me a link where I can download it. k:
[/b]

Ok. I've PM'ed you a link.

I guess most people are a bit uneasy about handing out their email address, which I can completely understand, so here's what I'll do: if you're interested in playtesting my game, just PM me or post in this thread and I'll PM you the link to the game.
Old 25-08-2006, 01:28 PM   #6
Abi79
Home Sweet Abandonia

Send a message via Yahoo to Abi79

Could you please send me the links? Thanks! Also, when the game will be finished, you could get in touch with the crew at Abandonia Reloaded, to have it featured on that site. Cheers!
Abi79 is offline                         Send a private message to Abi79
Old 25-08-2006, 02:07 PM   #7
chrknudsen

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Abi79 @ Aug 25 2006, 01:28 PM) [snapback]250936[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Could you please send me the links? Thanks! Also, when the game will be finished, you could get in touch with the crew at Abandonia Reloaded, to have it featured on that site. Cheers!
[/b]
PM'ed!

Thanks for the link to Reloaded. I've never seen that site before, but it seems to be exactly what I was looking for. I'll also make a post there to get more playtesters.
Old 26-08-2006, 10:11 AM   #8
chrknudsen

I've got a bit of a discussion going on over at Abandonia Reloaded with some other playtesters. The thread is:

http://www.reloaded.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=1859
Old 26-08-2006, 11:10 AM   #9
chrknudsen

IMPORTANT:

I've just discovered that I by accident have been handing out a DOS version of the game with an error -- when you play this version of the game, you always start out with 10 of each upgrade if you're player 1.

I've fixed this, so for those of you playing the DOS version, please re-download the file. The links are:

www.wormwars.net/ww3dos.zip
www.wormwars.net/ww3win.zip

Anybody else interested in playtesting can just download these files as well...
Old 28-08-2006, 12:25 PM   #10
FISHCHAIR
Abandonia nerd

not much of a challenge, but its addictive.

i like the idea that you play against the computer worm,

i cant stop playing the bloody game!! .....must...reach...escape...!

Score >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>6/10<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Score

really like the game. if you have any more games please paste them here on abandonia k:
keep up the good work.
FISHCHAIR is offline                         Send a private message to FISHCHAIR