Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Rejected requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-02-2005, 03:23 PM   #21
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Omuletzu@Feb 22 2005, 11:56 PM
So we should also get one.We managed to snatch one from Sierra, what could be so hard?
that's true, although I think the next biggest mountain to overcome after Sierra would be Lucas Arts
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 23-02-2005, 03:24 PM   #22
Omuletzu
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to Omuletzu Send a message via Yahoo to Omuletzu

yeah or id...
Omuletzu is offline                         Send a private message to Omuletzu
Old 23-02-2005, 04:39 PM   #23
Fawfulhasfury
Home Sweet Abandonia

Well, I think Metal Gear Solid would be a fine addition. But I actually remember reading somewhere, that to promote Metal Gear Solid 3, Konami had made Metal Gear Solid free for download on their site or on gamespot or somewhere. No, it wasn't Underdogs. I'm pretty sure Underdogs read this too, and put the game up on its site.
Fawfulhasfury is offline                         Send a private message to Fawfulhasfury
Old 23-02-2005, 06:52 PM   #24
The Levitating Nun
Game Wizzard

If we get hold of Metal Gear Solid can it please not have the voice and music removed from it like the version on Hotu as the voices do make it far better than without them.
The Levitating Nun is offline                         Send a private message to The Levitating Nun
Old 23-02-2005, 07:48 PM   #25
BlackMageJawa
Game Wizzard

It'd be a lot bigger with the voices intact, but I agree that they're an integral part of the game.

BTW, I can't find any mention of the the PC version being freeware. Shame, as I'd love to play though MGS in FPS mode. Plus, IIRC, the PC version includes the VR missions, which I can no longer play as the Special Missions disc doesn't work on PAL PS2s. Goddam Sony ****ing everything up :ranting:
BlackMageJawa is offline                         Send a private message to BlackMageJawa
Old 24-02-2005, 12:26 AM   #26
littleguybrush
Forum hobbit

Send a message via AIM to littleguybrush Send a message via MSN to littleguybrush Send a message via Yahoo to littleguybrush

Quote:
Originally posted by Fawfulhasfury@Feb 23 2005, 04:39 PM
Well, I think Metal Gear Solid would be a fine addition. But I actually remember reading somewhere, that to promote Metal Gear Solid 3, Konami had made Metal Gear Solid free for download on their site or on gamespot or somewhere. No, it wasn't Underdogs. I'm pretty sure Underdogs read this too, and put the game up on its site.
Metal Gear Solid is not abandoned.

A) Konami never released it as freeware. I don't know where you heard it, but you (or the place you heard it from) are mistaken.
B) The Playstation version is widely available, giving the PC version (which actually includes new features that the PSX version lacks) could hurt sales.

Plus, even if it was, this site could never put up a game so huge without cutting a bunch of it out.

If you want to play it either get it from HUTU (and do without whatever they had to take out of the game ) or buy it. I've seen the PC version in stores many times (in fact I picked it up myself for about $10 a few months ago). And if you have a PSX or a Game cube...well it's certainly very easy to find on those two systems.

Edit: If there is a smilie in this post, I didn't put it there, and frankly have no idea how to get rid of it (computer illiterate).

Another Edit: I think I figured it out, I tried to type "B)" and for whatever reason, the boards replaced it with that little dude.

Last Edit: Fixed.
littleguybrush is offline                         Send a private message to littleguybrush
Old 24-02-2005, 12:33 AM   #27
BlackMageJawa
Game Wizzard

The smilie appeared because you typed B) , the code for a sunglasses smilie.

If you want to make a post using things like that without having them turned into smilies, uncheck the 'enable emoticons' box by Post Options
BlackMageJawa is offline                         Send a private message to BlackMageJawa
Old 24-02-2005, 02:10 AM   #28
littleguybrush
Forum hobbit

Send a message via AIM to littleguybrush Send a message via MSN to littleguybrush Send a message via Yahoo to littleguybrush

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackMageJawa@Feb 24 2005, 12:33 AM
The smilie appeared because you typed B) , the code for a sunglasses smilie.

If you want to make a post using things like that without having them turned into smilies, uncheck the 'enable emoticons' box by Post Options
Cool. Thanks.
littleguybrush is offline                         Send a private message to littleguybrush
Old 06-09-2007, 04:39 PM   #29
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

PC version by Microsoft in 2000 (software copyright still belongs to Konami).
ESA-protected (expires January 1st 2016).

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards

Last edited by arete; 15-06-2009 at 10:37 AM.
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 25-11-2016, 10:44 PM   #30
Cluseck
Home Sweet Abandonia

http://www.mobygames.com/game/window...l-gear-solid__

The game is not protected since 2016.
Still sold on Amazon.com.
Cluseck is offline                         Send a private message to Cluseck