Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-11-2008, 10:50 AM   #1
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default RAGE - When games attack

This is where you can vent if a game is making you cross.

For example -

Dear Deus Ex: Invisible War,

I am really trying to like you, really I am. Your older brother was wonderful, but you, you are just getting worse and worse.

I'm on Liberty Island and you're implying that I should now "go renegade." THANKS A LOT. After following all the threads of your weak and convoluted storyline you now just want me to kill everyone. Which actually sounds like a wonderful idea because none of your characters are personable or morally appealing. BUT NOW YOU WON'T GIVE ME ANY AMMO.

But you know what? Your port to the PC is so terrible that ammo is irrelevant because your mouse control is horrific - I might as well stand in front of people and shoot them in the face, your stupid controls will still find a way to make me miss.

Whatever, screw you. I'll just try and take down the entire illuminati with a god damned crowbar.

Love,
Me xoxo

P.S the only reason I haven't stopped playing you yet is because your big brother was so good. Call it retarded loyalty.

Last edited by Lulu_Jane; 04-11-2008 at 10:53 AM.
Lulu_Jane is offline                         Send a private message to Lulu_Jane
Old 04-11-2008, 10:55 AM   #2
Kugerfang
_r.u.s.s. changed it :'(

You don't need to go renegade. I never had any problems with the mouse on my PC. I never had any problems with the ammo too, I just used the poison knife and kept hitting people in the back of the head with the baton.

Here's a tip:
Kill or KO anyone with a gun in the game for extra ammo (except when it's not possible), and try to use NPCs to do your bidding. Don't buy anything from the Omar, just kill 'em all.

I can't recall any game that pissed me off. Except due to the fact that my PC won't run it.

-Terry Pratchett

Last edited by Kugerfang; 04-11-2008 at 11:02 AM.
Kugerfang is offline                         Send a private message to Kugerfang
Old 04-11-2008, 11:18 AM   #3
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Thank you for your advice Kuger

Tell you what though, I don't think this thread should be for devolving into discussions about what game is good or bad and why the other person is right or wrong or hints, unless someone asks for them I guess (and there's no game thread for it already).

It's just a place for venting. You know, like the millionth time you get to the castle only to find the Princess morph into Bowser or something.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:37 AM   #4
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

It took me several years to solve Monsters in my Pocket on the NES...
That was a HUGE rant from time to time...
Old 04-11-2008, 11:49 AM   #5
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Knytt Stories pisses me off all the time because all the user made levels are really difficult.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:52 AM   #6
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

I got halfway through Indy and the Last Crusade, and somehow got stuck on the upstairs floor of the chateau... It wouldn't let me go back down. And I hadn't saved since I got out of the catacombes... :wallbash:

:ranting:

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 04-11-2008, 02:44 PM   #7
verek_22
Licenced misery wizard

I love Fallout 3, but those fire ant things are just kicking my butt. They keep setting my suit on fire . . .
verek_22 is offline                         Send a private message to verek_22
Old 04-11-2008, 08:38 PM   #8
SlowCoder
Game freak

Stupid Jak and Daxter 2! I'm at the point where I have to press the buttons the wizard shoots up from the basket to "prove my worthiness!". What the heck? I can kick butt in the rest of the game, but I can't get past this little, probably meaningless, spot! You ... make ... me ... want ... to ... toss ... my ... controller ... to ... the ... dog ... and ... throw ... the ... PS2 ... out ... the ... window!

And there's no darn cheat for it, either!

On another note: This one time, at band camp ...
SlowCoder is offline                         Send a private message to SlowCoder
Old 05-11-2008, 07:52 AM   #9
Tervez
Never Compromise

Ninja Gaiden for the NES.

You know it, don't you? The last boss? The one, that if you lose in it, you're thrown back three damned levels.
Tervez is offline                         Send a private message to Tervez
Old 05-11-2008, 07:14 PM   #10
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

Once upon a time I played GTA Vice City ...and paid no money to do so. But later I saw a 10,- EUR re-release at the club my mother was in, and where she had to buy something each quarter. She had no interest in the books offered there anymore, but didn't opt out for a long time, though. So this was one of the common what-do-we-buy?!-what-do-we-buy?! visits at the shop at the end of a quarter, to not get sent some random expensive new publication for not buying something within time. So I killed three birds with one stone, and purchased the game. Now the right moment had come to play Vice City again, with walkthrough to do all there is to. Play, play play. Play, play, play. Well, but when I began the mission where the Dodo is spawn the very first time in the game, and approached the spawn point, and the Dodo should appear and fall onto the water from low height ...the common dreaded GTA exception failure! Spawning the Dodo results in an exception failure! That's what you get when you are an honest p(l)ayer!