Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old News
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 26-12-2006, 06:46 AM   #61
BugMeNot

I'm pretty sure that although the site is still up for some reason, the game is no longer being sold. I ordered the add-ons a couple years ago and have yet to receive them, and any emails to the company bounce. I've emailed the designer/programmer/artist via his personal email about any chance of it being released as freeware and I'll let you guys know if he gives me a reply, but for now, the rapidshare link is dead and I think we'd all appreciate a more stable host.

Old 27-12-2006, 12:41 AM   #62
Tycoon

I remember writing to SDI about two years ago, asking some questions about Inner Space and they gave me a prompt reply at the time. So I naturally found the comments made by BugMeNot quite interesting.

I thought I'd plug an email to their sales department asking if the game was still available and within 45 minutes, I got a reply saying they still sell it. It is not likely to be an automated reply, because it contained some minor syntax errors, not to mention that it sounded much too personal for an automated template. Clearly there was no email bounce though.

For now anyway, the conclusion is inescapable. This game is simply not abandonware, as much as we all wish it was I don't know how much hope there is that the author will release it as freeware either. Even if he wanted to, sometimes authors have made previous agreements with publishers in this kind of situation that prohibits them for doing so. It all sounds rather dismal to me.

By the way BugMeNot, the site states that it's not possible for them to sell the add-ons alone, you have to buy the full game from them too. That might explain why you had trouble receiving the add-ons you ordered
Tycoon is offline                         Send a private message to Tycoon
Old 31-12-2006, 01:18 PM   #63
Zup

It seems they made changes to their web, so it might be still supported (although they claim that it's the oldest game still supported, they haven't released any new version in agest).

For those interested in a "good" version, the ISO version that can be found out there works with DOSBox 0.65 and Windows 3.11 for Workgroups, but it doesn't work with XP SP2 (at least, it doesn't work for me). I don't know if it works with 95, 98, 2000 or if it can work inside a virtual machine.

Some things that may help you...

CRCs of the "working files"
----------------------------------
ISPACE.bin 4CDCD0CF
ISPACE.cue C68A30DC

- MD5 hashes:
-------------------
449a02668fae485c879cff59af372140 *ISPACE.bin
09a86c760d8aabcbc52d4042cf43a966 *ISPACE.cue

(CRCs and MD5s generated with RapidCRC)

I guess it could help you to locate a working copy of the files.

P.S.: I'm going to order the game... to see it they're still in bussiness and get a licensed copy...

<------------------------------------------------------------------------>

EDIT: (I hope) I've bought the complete set (Inner Space, ship factory, sound & voice effects, military ships and nation ships). They've added PayPal, so I guess they're alive. In a month we'll know if they're still in bussiness or not.

What is the Warn thing displayed below my member #?
Zup is offline                         Send a private message to Zup
Old 31-12-2006, 04:16 PM   #64
Tycoon

I've also brought the complete set and had it sent by email. It all arrived without a problem and plays perfectly. So I can confirm that they are definitely still in business.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:45 PM   #65
Zup

Today, I've received two e-mails from SDI, one containing the game and the other containing the Add-Ons.

So definitely, they're still in bussiness.

[EDIT] Today, I've received the physical package via mail. It has appeared 10 days after the purchase, although their web says it could take 3 weeks...

The floppy version and the mail version works ok with XP SP2. I guess the CD version has some compatibility issue, but no need to work on it now.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:16 PM   #66
Tycoon

Did you order the email version or the physical packaged version? I have no idea if they are going to send me a package or not. The email I received said they would, but I didn't see that when I ordered it (the email version).

The page below illustrates the options:

http://www.sdispace.com/content/world/order_game.htm
Old 13-01-2007, 07:16 PM   #67
Zup

I bought the physical package. It's funny to see a DVD case containing a manual and a floppy... Why not Inner Space with DVD quality cut scenes? LOL LOL LOL
Old 17-01-2007, 10:54 PM   #68
Tycoon

That explains it then Wish I'd known about them sending the game via email first though with the packaged version, it was practically the same price as the email one if I remember rightly I could of had a virtually free package and manual thrown in
Old 22-01-2007, 07:22 PM   #69
barbosa
Lurker

BUT, RECAPITULATING, can we download the full version of Inner Space from anywere or there is someone that can share the full version with me?
I like a lot this game, please help me.

(I read the all the topic,but I got a bit confused)
barbosa is offline                         Send a private message to barbosa
Old 23-01-2007, 11:30 AM   #70
Abi79
Home Sweet Abandonia

Send a message via Yahoo to Abi79

Nope. It's warez.
Abi79 is offline                         Send a private message to Abi79
Closed Thread