Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-07-2015, 10:41 AM   #1
isabelroblon

Default Point n' Click adventure game for PC.

Hello guys ,

I'm looking for the title of a old game, from the early 90s, that I used to play as a child in my fathers Pentium 150 which had a VGA. I'm going to list what I remember from it, please note that when there is an "*" before a sentence, it means that I'm not sure about that:

-*It was recorded in a *CDRom*, but I'm not sure if it was for MSDOS or WIN95
-It was a 2d point n' click adventure game (like the classic Monkey Island/Indiana Jones series).
-The graphics were like the old Zac Mckraken http://www.zak-site.com/index_files/zak1.gif
-The main character was a detective/agent/journalist wearing short of a yellowish/brownish outfit.
-The dialogues were few and written, but no spoken.
-It was set on our period of time (not medieval or anything like that but *MAYBE it was a little bit futuristic*)
-At the beginning of the story you were placed in the outskirts of a city. There wasn't any vegetation in the first screen, it was like a desert *and you could see the stars in the sky*. Then you had to go to the right *2-4* screens until you reached the city.
-*At some point of the beginning you *had to talk to a boss behind a desk?* or something like that in a office and look for stuff in a room...
-At the beggining you also had a *wallet*, *papers* as items in your inventory.

Thank you for your help I hope you can find the title!!!

Best regards!!

Isabel.
isabelroblon is offline                         Send a private message to isabelroblon
Old 26-07-2015, 12:42 PM   #2
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

OK, here are some of the more popular games, just in case:
Les Manely
Codename: Iceman
Shadow of the Comet (it matches the brownish dressed journalist that talks to boss at the begining)
Eternam (probably not)
Universe (it is Sci-Fi, but could be this begining on planetoid with stars in the back, so you have to figure out how to return to city)
Also check Hugo games. Could it be Leisure Suit Larry game perhaps, with wallet and stuff?

Do you remember what was the goal? Perhaps you remember some conversation or puzzle that can tell you what were you doing at some point in the game?

Last edited by marko river; 26-07-2015 at 12:50 PM.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 26-07-2015, 07:46 PM   #3
isabelroblon

Hello Marko River,

Thank you for you answer , unfortunatelly it was not any of those games .
From the list you provided, the first one, Les Manly, was the one that looked more alike to the game I'm looking for.
I don't remember any puzzle in it, just what I have previously posted :S.
It is not any Leisure Suit Larry, but those games are really good though!
If I recall anything else, I will post the information here!

EDIT: I asked my brother about the game and what he remembers is that the characters were stretched out, but I'm not sure about that.
I found another game I was looking for by the way! It was Cyril Cyberpunk! at least I got that one!

Thank you very much!

Isabel.

Last edited by isabelroblon; 26-07-2015 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Adding information
isabelroblon is offline                         Send a private message to isabelroblon
Old 27-07-2015, 01:08 PM   #4
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Ok, here are few more tries, now focusing on Zack kind of graphics:
Neuromancer
Dark Convergence
Goldrush

What do you mean by "stretched out"?
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 27-07-2015, 10:32 PM   #5
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

I can guess that it can be 320x200 stretched to standard 640x480 for example?
Old 28-07-2015, 04:28 PM   #6
isabelroblon

The character's height was stretched, but that's my brother's opinion, I don't really remember it like that.
What we are sure is that you started in a desert/dumpster-like screen and you had to move to your right... :S
Maybe it was a game developed in Spain (where we were living then) and maybe it did not became famous overseas, although I don't remember it to be in spanish.
I've been googling it for a long time no with no results >:S... I think that when we try to remember very old things we tend to mix the original content with stuff from other memories in order to get a consistent image of it.
Anyway, thank you for your help
If I recall anything else, I surely will post it here!

Isabel.

P.D.: marko river, it was not one of the games in your second post, but thank you! Gold Rush looked closer, but my game's resolution was higer: the character's sprite had more pixels.
Old 28-07-2015, 10:51 PM   #7
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Actually, your description remind me Indiana Jones games and Beneath a Steel Sky... but both are not fit to your description, even if some details are matched. :/
Old 29-07-2015, 09:18 AM   #8
isabelroblon

Maybe you know some kind of video which displays some screens of all the adventure games (or at least too many of them) just for a second, in order to watch it waiting for your game to appear?

The original Indiana Jones was the first adventure game I played, and it was awesome! I can still remember all the angry students shouting in his office!! Anyway the quality of that game (the dialogues and the gameplay) was much more better than the game that we are looking for.

Thanks,

Isabel.
Old 29-07-2015, 10:47 AM   #9
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Well, as last resort, you can try to download eXo Adventure bundle (all 100Gb of it). It is based on Meagre, and as I think, includes screenshots for every collected game. But eXo is quite a picky guy, especially toward Shareware, so it's not guaranteed that your game is in his batch, even if it's very probable, expecially if it's definitely DOS and CD-based game.

If you haven't extra 100Gb, I suppose, only rational approach is trudging through DOS and Windows adventure sections of Moby, sorry.

...Actually, I can make some wild guesses by myself.

Scoop
Free D.C.
Amazon: Guardians of Eden
Shadow of the Comet
Father World
Full Throttle
Teen Agent
Bud Tucker
Ark of Time

Umm... I suppose, it's all on DOS-Moby that even vaguely resemble your game. No idea about Windows though.

Last edited by Smiling Spectre; 29-07-2015 at 12:03 PM.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 29-07-2015, 04:27 PM   #10
isabelroblon

Thank you Smiling Spectre,

To be honest, the title letters of Father World remind me a lot the tilte letters of the game, the colour and the font. Also Teen Agent graphics were close!
I'm going to download that insane amount of games and I will try it... Is summer so I have plenty of time.. xD. But maybe at the time that file is completely downloaded to my computer we will be buying christmas presents...

Thank you!

Isabel.