Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-08-2005, 10:38 PM   #51
Toxik
Game Wizzard

this is a great game..thought it has 12 buttons just to move around.I need a third arm!!
Toxik is offline                         Send a private message to Toxik
Old 03-08-2005, 12:02 AM   #52
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Blood-Pigggy+Aug 2 2005, 03:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Blood-Pigggy @ Aug 2 2005, 03:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by A. J. Raffles@Jul 24 2005, 07:55 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Triad
Quote:
@Jul 24 2005, 07:22 PM
ummm, ya know descent 1 and 2 are freeware now... Right?

No, they're still for sale: http://www.cdaccess.com/html/quick/desc3pkpr.htm. And even if they weren't, they'd be ESA-protected.
Has anyone actually learned what CD access really is?
It's a company that takes left over copies of games and sells them publicly, it's not a true shop, it's more like a pawnshop, you have to look closely. [/b][/quote]
Still, someone is selling it. If you ask them personnaly if they are a company they will tell you that they are. So it happens that they sell old games. If they are redistributing already opened packages that have been copied, then that is illegal. However, they probably sell you an undisturbed box set.
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 03-08-2005, 09:21 AM   #53
Marc Forrester

That doesn't really equate to 'Commercially Available' though, does it? The original producers aren't involved in the deal, nor has the seller purchased any distribution rights from them. Second-hand, bargain bins, garage sales.

If that counts as 'Still for sale', then Abandonia should remove links to games just because I find an old copy in the loft and flog it on eBay.

Old 03-08-2005, 04:34 PM   #54
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

But do you have LOTS of them? And can you claim you are a network of companies? I bet you couldn't convince abandonia to pull back because you are an eBay company LOL

But who really cares? If you have the game, play it. If you don't have it, don't complain that you can't download it and go buy it. This thread seems to be headed in the anti-ESA direction, not to mention its
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 05-08-2005, 08:18 AM   #55
Marc Forrester

No, games aren't pulled just because they're easy to find second-hand on, say, eBay. But shouldn't they be? I'm not bothered by the ESA, or whether Descent in particular is or is not pulled. My question was: What relevance has any second-hand resale business to any game's abandoned status, however large or small they are?

I'm happy to move that question to a thread where it's on topic, if there is one?

Old 05-08-2005, 03:56 PM   #56
Reluctant Seer

Hell I still have the CDs. That was a great game. I used to play with a friend of mine over the modem. Fantastic! :w00t:
Reluctant Seer is offline                         Send a private message to Reluctant Seer
Old 05-08-2005, 03:58 PM   #57
Reluctant Seer

I still have a 486/50 I might get back up and running. I saw in a past post that on XP it moves really fast. It does and it anoying. So... old school HERE I COME!
Reluctant Seer is offline                         Send a private message to Reluctant Seer
Old 05-08-2005, 05:07 PM   #58
Gamefreak

It runs in normal speed in DosBox, though...

Old 16-08-2005, 03:01 AM   #59
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

It depends on how fast your cpu is. I'm sure if your computer is one of the uber opteron AMD 64 up there things it might run wayyyy to fast

I hate it when enemies gang up on you and fly into you :not_ok:
Old 15-09-2005, 01:14 PM   #60
blackdevil75

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Oct 30 2004, 01:40 PM
one word: disorientating

add onto that how for me, im so incredibly bored of first person shooters of all kinds, after 10 years of them... that playing one thats so boring = like watching paint dry!
I played descent after doom,doom2 and dukenukem 3d,
Finally I Found a real 3 dimensional game, Real 3d for the first time in a game you could do every kind of evolution your ability could imagine.
I suppose this game was only for great pilot... not for all.