Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-04-2005, 10:21 PM   #41
Lone Wolf311

Personally I have loved this game since it came out and own all 3!!! 2 has new weapons drones and littloe better graphics pluse a guid bot... aww so nice. But I lost it. Decent 3 is better less missions then 1 or 2 only like 15 or so but really good graphics eventuall 3 different ships and interceptor and assult ship and a normal craft. twice the weapons and lots of differnt robots. and the guid bot can stay in your ship and shoot with you sometimes. Awsome multiplay...Especially if I could git it to work with TCIP/IPX

Old 24-05-2005, 04:02 PM   #42
Stryker

I'd just like to add a comment to this--there is a few people developing things for D1 still, including windows XP compatibility. The project is known as D1X. You can find D1X downloads at http://www.planetdescent.com/site/files/d1/patches/

Old 19-06-2005, 08:36 PM   #43
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

I found this game interesting when I had it with a package of other games suchas tyrian and jazz jackrabbit. The only problem was how disorienting it was, some times it even made me want to puke. Of course, I have a Dreamcast and I play Sonic on that, It isn't much better

I have a Gravis Blackhawk Digital, and with Dosbox this game is awesome!
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 20-06-2005, 01:38 AM   #44
Tony

I absolutely love this game, and both the sequels,
and I have played them all to the end.

I think what puts some people off is learning to maneuver in 3 dmensions.
Try this key definition:
Q and A as Up and Down,
W and S as Forward and Backwards, and
E and D as Left and Right.

This may seem counter-intuitive at first, but it allows you to use one finger per axis,
and therefore you can move in 3 different directions simultaneously.
It'll soon become second nature, and you will be highly manueverable and deadly.

Old 01-07-2005, 04:48 PM   #45
Jp

This is by far one of the better games ever made.
Now I am an avid gamer but... This one, well D3 anyway, I find myself going back to.
But we mainly play Deathmatch, we played Megadeath on I and II but, no one would recreate the level so I did. It is and awsome game. Especially in DIII. You now have a new feature called Monsterball. Basically it's soccer with spaceships.
Rocks!!!

Old 24-07-2005, 07:22 PM   #46
Triad

ummm, ya know descent 1 and 2 are freeware now... Right?

Old 24-07-2005, 07:55 PM   #47
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Triad@Jul 24 2005, 07:22 PM
No, they're still for sale: http://www.cdaccess.com/html/quick/desc3pkpr.htm. And even if they weren't, they'd be ESA-protected.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 27-07-2005, 04:16 AM   #48
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

Even if the program is open sourced, it can still be marketed by someone. Until this game is forgotten by most people and the company responsible for its ESA condemns it, this game won't exactly be a legal download.
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 02-08-2005, 08:13 PM   #49
Slaven

I have played it for years. It's challenging and hard. But once I mastered "All 10finger commands " and figured out it's map logic, I truly enjoyed this game boosting my eye-brain-finger coordination. Great game! Only for people with guts.

Old 02-08-2005, 08:26 PM   #50
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by A. J. Raffles+Jul 24 2005, 07:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (A. J. Raffles @ Jul 24 2005, 07:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Triad@Jul 24 2005, 07:22 PM
No, they're still for sale: http://www.cdaccess.com/html/quick/desc3pkpr.htm. And even if they weren't, they'd be ESA-protected. [/b][/quote]
Has anyone actually learned what CD access really is?
It's a company that takes left over copies of games and sells them publicly, it's not a true shop, it's more like a pawnshop, you have to look closely.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy