Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-02-2005, 12:31 PM   #101
thingumywotsit

I'm having exactly the same problems as Penguin. I'm running Win 98SE and when I fire up the exe I get the company logos but then the screen seems to just sit there and flashes from black to brown a lot. Does precious little else..... :blink:

No problem running the first MK (after setting up the fiddly keyboard controls and realizing there isn't actually a start button) - but this doesn't seem to run at all alas.

Any tips or advice? :crazy: :crazy:

Old 28-02-2005, 03:34 PM   #102
smashme33
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by FreeFreddy@Jan 21 2005, 01:05 PM
L'amour reste toujours ailleurs
Je vois toujours d'autres amour
Mais mon coeur doit demeurer vide
La vie est froide sans amour...
O? ?tes-vous, ma étoile brillante et mon destin?
ha! Oui, je parle français...j`aime le jeu de MK2...mon coeur bat pour le mémoire du SNES et MK2!

I am American with French wife...so I can speak and write French...but not very well!
smashme33 is offline                         Send a private message to smashme33
Old 17-03-2005, 07:35 AM   #103
[BOT]FLUFFY!!!

"the best mortal kombat"... that's not saying much. eh, i suppose i'm a Street Fighter fanboy because i prefer actual gamplay value as opposed to boring, repetitive fatalities and big blood spray. granted, the street fighter 2 game on this site isn't very impressive at all, but no game in the MK series can even touch street fighter alpha / alpha 2. i'd say alpha 3, but capcom screwed up pretty nicely with that. king of fighters, fatal fury, samurai shodown / spirits... all superb fighting games that got overlooked when MK showed its ugly face. the funny part is japanese gamers didn't even bother with any of the MK games. i guess they're just better at not being fooled with big blood sprays when the gameplay is garbage.

Old 19-03-2005, 12:05 PM   #104
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Quote:
the best mortal kombat
The best mortal kombat......?!

I dont think so. The Mortal Kombat Trilogy is the best. It has all the fighters (even goro, kintaro ( :w00t: ), motaro and Shao Khan) and all the levels.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 19-03-2005, 12:13 PM   #105
troop18546
Home Sweet Abandonia

Chosen, do you have MK trilogy on snes or pc? If you can, send it to my e-mail, plz.
troop18546 is offline                         Send a private message to troop18546
Old 24-03-2005, 10:24 AM   #106
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Sorry to tell you.........i havent got any of those! I did had PSX version tought.
But i have never heard that there was MK trilogy on snes.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 24-03-2005, 12:09 PM   #107
irrelevantjet
Abandonia nerd

Mk Triliogy, if memory serves, is pretty much MK3 with more characters from the previous games and all manner of funky game modes

I'm a Sub Zero man, and always will be
irrelevantjet is offline                         Send a private message to irrelevantjet
Old 24-03-2005, 01:37 PM   #108
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Yeah MK Trilogy is with all the characters from all the previous MK games, prob reason why there is no snes version was at the time snes support was really dwindling and with the N64 coming out soon that year, it'd be easier to get a version out on a 64bit system than a 16 bit system.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 24-03-2005, 08:17 PM   #109
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Well I still think MK2 is the best one.
The reason is very simple - it actually has a great story as well.
Sure part one sets everything up, but just to say we must win not to be overrunned by bad guys from another realm isn't enough. IT's MK2 that gave the depth to the whole series and both the movies and the TV series (loved both).
Trilogy has all the fighters and is very playable, but has no story (not to mention MK4 which is at least in my opinion a mistake).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 29-03-2005, 07:55 AM   #110
Nosferrath
Forum hobbit

Send a message via AIM to Nosferrath Send a message via MSN to Nosferrath
Arrow

Umm ... Saw you guys talking about some kinda install. Well my game doesn't have it. And when I run the game first it shows me some logos and then the screen turns blue, then red ... What could be the problem ?
Nosferrath is offline                         Send a private message to Nosferrath