Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-06-2008, 01:24 AM   #171
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsie View Post
So here is my question :
Is there a way to heal the strenght faster without having to use potions ?
Sure. Get one of your party trained up in Healing. (And only one. That does it for the entire party.) The higher the Healing rating, the more points get healed in strength/endurance per day. You can train Healing at many churches and all universities. There are also healers in many towns who will train you, but their quality differs. Be sure to have your best party healer examine the town healer before spending your coins.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 02-06-2008, 11:30 AM   #172
Robsie
Forum hobbit

Thank you a very lot.
I had only 3 warriors in my party, now i perfectly know what kind of 4th will join them as soon as possible
Old 03-06-2008, 01:47 PM   #173
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsie View Post
Thank you a very lot.
I had only 3 warriors in my party, now i perfectly know what kind of 4th will join them as soon as possible
You're welcome; glad to help.

Just as a suggestion--and feel free to disregard this--but my parties typically consist of:

A noble leader who has very good battle skills, is extremely charismatic, speaks and writes fluently, and is streetwise.

A master alchemist, with decent fighting skills.

A ex-abbess with high religion, virtue, and healing. Also, decent fighting skills.

A veteran campaigner who has excellent battle skills, and is decent at lockpicking.

Note that you many want to train your team to have at least 20 or so in religion. That way, even if you never train them in religion subsequently, when you donate large sums of money to a church of your choice, they all receive at least +1 to virtue. Less than 20, and a character receives nothing. With decent religion, they can increase virtue by +3 or more through each major donation.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:52 AM   #174
Robsie
Forum hobbit

Thanks for the virtue hint, i only had my new hired healer and the party leader with a high enough religion skill.

For now, the healer allow my party to heal 2 strength points by day spent in the inn (better than the 1 from before his arrival). I will try to make him learn more for his skill when i will have more money.

So far my party is doing well, based at Posen, i recieved words that the removing of a specific Raubritter would do wonders for my troops.

As they progressed quite nicely in chasing thiefs, getting me a nice reputation in the Posen area, i tried to locate the enemy castle.

Finally, after some weeks of unsuccesfull searches but lots of looting on bandits corpses i finally found it in the north of near Bromberg.

Laying siege of it i got it out of external supply and added more enemy corpses under the castle walls.

Then finally the baron and hit last men attacked.
My party managed to get rid of the bandits, but when we got close to their baron , ouch.
Not only he was heavily armored and so very difficult to wound, but his blows made extremely short life of my 4 warriors (nearly 1 hit 1 dead considering they were not really in good shape already before this final battle).

Well, good thing i saved before

Changing tactics, my party climbed on the tower during the night and managed to assault the baron room.
It seems that guy sleep with his heavy armor, as he was in complete armor to recieve me.

The battle was really hard, despite my party was in a better shape than before, the baron knocked out 2 of my warriors (the healer, but this one was not very experienced and the "bow" woman that was not really used to fight in contact and that do not have a lot of endurance) before finally one of my very hurt guy landed the mortal blow.

My leader inherited from the superb plate armor and of the 2 hand big sword.

Too bad his strength is not yet enough as he carry now more than he can (does this has any incident on his fighting capacity ?) .

That's really an awesome piece of game, back in when Darkland was available in my country i was very busy with Arena then Daggerfall and so never got around playing it, but even now it is always a very enjoyable one.

Masterpieces like these seem to be able to stand the test of time as despite the very aged graphics, sounds and interface, you can always play it with great pleasure.

Recently i discovered a witch in her house , dispatched her wolves and knocked her out. To roleplay my devout party, i refused every of the choices and sent her to Posen to atone for her sins and abandon the witchcraft path.

This seems to have not be pleasant to whatever witchcraft authority as they dispatched the Wild Hunt just for me.

I avoided them once (i wonder if my recent fast horses helped, bought with the prize given by Posen for the baron removal) , then found them again on my path, but they were chasing a strange being.
Using my good "wood skilled" Heidi the "bow woman" i managed to lead them into a false prey.

The guy was in fact a naked hairy giant (a Schrat) and he was very happy (i thought i would have to fight him, as just before finding the witch, i was attacked by 4 of them, it was a though fight that got my healer KO again).

He gave me a fruit to eat, the leader being the bravest ate it... and his strength increased , great as he was carrying way too heavy equipment for him.

Unfortunately it is not exactly enough (2 points more would have been better) but that's always nice, especially from those big naked hairy giants that are not as nice when you meet them elsewhere.

Fantastic game.

Last edited by Robsie; 04-06-2008 at 02:02 AM.
Robsie is offline                         Send a private message to Robsie
Old 05-06-2008, 03:51 AM   #175
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

The Raubritter will usually wear platemail. This can't be penetrated by most weapons, so while those weapons hit, they don't do any damage. Edged weapons (swords, axes) won't touch it. These weapons will work:

Great Hammer
Giant Cudgel
Two-handed Flail
Composite Bow
Longbow
Crossbow
Arbalest
Iron and Brass Handguns

The great hammer is your best bet, because it gets through, does good damage, and has the best speed of the lot. The giant cudgel and two-handed flail are nearly as good, and the longbow will come in handy while somebody else is at melee. The handguns I'd forget. They take roughly 6 times as long to develop one shot. You should be able to buy a two-handed flail relatively cheaply, and great hammers are often awarded to parties that save attacked ships between towns.

Last edited by Borodin; 05-06-2008 at 08:56 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:26 PM   #176
Robsie
Forum hobbit

I destroyed my second raubritter always with 2 warriors in 2 handed swords, and the 2 other with long swords, i should have read your message earlier , as it was difficult to penetrate such armor (as this one unlike the 1st i killed was fully armored in plate), fortunately, my 4 warriors were on him and were experienced enough this time, and so the bonus to damage/penetration that occurs when you group attack on a single target helped greatly in taking down that baron.

Not only i got good looting and good equipment, but Posen gave me good money for getting rid of that maniac.

My party adventures have then taken a new turn, as i faced a second time the Wild Hunt. But this time no hidding, i wanted to test my now more experienced and improved party to see if they were fit to their "local heroes" title around Posen.

4 hell hounds attacked, but my warriors prevailed and got rid of those monsters with few wounds and no party member loss.

Again, an happy to be saved Schart (naked hairy giant) gave me another strength enhancer fruit.
It allowed my leader to finally has enough strength in comparison to what he was carrying (being in full plate + 2 handed sword).

I met a strange place while roaming the nearby country, that seemed to be some evil witchcraft worship place and cleaned it after destroying the wolves guarding it.

I guess it did not helped my reputation with the wiches leaders , but that was a lesson for sending their Wild Hunt to try killing my party members.

After some months, the Wild Hunt catched my guys again in the wilderness.
Confident in the abilities of my troopers , they bravely faced the hounds... but there was no hound this time, in the place of those failure as hunters, there was the huge Hunter itself.

He was alone, and his horned appearance was not frightening my brave warriors, the battle was terrible, the hunter was extremely strong and knocked out 3 of my experienced troopers, only the leader was staying on his foot, heavily wounded.

Finally, the hunter was destroyed , but it was incredibly close ... and surprising to see my troopers falling that quick despite heavy armors and better combat skills, it reminded me of the 1st raubritter battle, in which my troops was inexperienced and had no heavy protection and was falling that quickly in front of the madman blows.

It was a miracle none of the 3 fallen warriors of my party were killed, so i could get them back while running to Posen with my horses for healing.

This bought me some time, as the Wild Hunt will return as long i continue to ignore the witches threats.
But now the witchcraft leaders made my party seriously angry, soon we will give them a visit they will not forget
Old 08-06-2008, 11:21 PM   #177
Japo
Autonomous human

Whoah that was awfully unlikely, that the Wild Hunter lived to knock down all your men but one, and then didn't live to knock the last one.

By the way exploring those pagan sites guarded by wolves is pointless. I don't want to spoil anything but the key to the witches lies elsewhere... (Maybe you've found already.)
Old 09-06-2008, 12:51 AM   #178
Robsie
Forum hobbit

In fact the Wild Hunter knocked down all my warriors that were not in full plate (despite one of those 3 had a upper armor in plate though, got from the 1st raubritter i removed from power) at an incredible speed i must say (even the 1st raubritter did not knocked down my troops as quick when my party was even less armored and experienced)

The last man standing was my leader that had the full plate armor from the second raubritter i got rid of (and the higher edged weapon skill too).

But even if he was victorious, he was very close to eat the dirt himself as each of the blows of the Wild Hunter were very damaging.

Attacking every witchcraft worship place and the wolves guarding them had some kind of impact actually : getting my warriors weapon skills higher

In term of progress, i am satisfied with the achievements of my party.

Finally, the heroes can read, as before they always asked Posen townfolks to help them understand what was wrote on each news boards.

The monks were greatly helpfull in making the brains of those proud warriors functionning in a better way with long teachings sessions while the party was taking residence in the inn.

"Heidi the bow woman" is now very capable of fending through bandits, in the early days of our adventures she was really terrible at this basically she was running around when some enemy targeted her, only her bow accuracy and wilderness knowledge (and charisma) were helping the party in specific situations.

Money does not seem to be a problem anymore when sleeping or healing at the inn, taking out 2 raubritter certainly was a righteous fight, but the result was in righteous amount of florins

The tales of those unknow local heroes will soon spread through that haunted german land, at least if those brave warriors survive long enough to tell them
Old 09-06-2008, 03:24 PM   #179
Japo
Autonomous human

Of course the Wild Hunter is a more powerful foe than a raubritter, for me raubritter are, at the start of the adventure, (unwilling) providers of armor, primarily, :P so no wonder that they're possible to take on with medium armour, otherwise they'd be impossible to take on at all.

However once all your guys and gals have full plate or plate/chain, not even the Wild Hunter will be able to score on them when he's banded by the four at the same time. Well I guess weapon skills are a factor too, but they go up fast and armour's a bigger factor, armour's crucial in this game as I've said before...
Old 09-06-2008, 10:21 PM   #180
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

The Wild Hunter does seem somewhat underpowered, once you've goten a few healing potions and fitted up at least one party member with plate. I just put them slightly forward and allow them to absorb the brunt of the attack, while bringing in the rest of my party from the sides. This works equally well if you've summoned a demon at a magical clearing to cleanse it.