Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-09-2006, 11:55 PM   #111

not to mention my 386 has 3 MB of RAM And it's still really fast

WAR OBSOLETE JUNK!! :brain:

Old 13-10-2006, 06:01 AM   #112

Can anyone help me find mages for spells and reagents? So far I've only found one in Cove and it's driving me nuts that I can't find any others.

Old 14-10-2006, 07:30 AM   #113
Kate-B
Lurker

[font=Arial Narrow]Hi there, does anyone know where I can find the Ultima games? Played them years ago when I was a kid, and am feeling old school nostalgic haha. Is there anywhere I can get them online? Am not particularly computer literate, but can do the basics. Any help appreciated.
Kate-B is offline                         Send a private message to Kate-B
Old 14-10-2006, 10:24 AM   #114

Some you can get on this site, more complete collection of Ultima series can be downloaded at Abandoneer, go to google.com and search for Abandoneer (posting links in this subforum is seemingly not allowed).

Old 16-10-2006, 07:13 PM   #115

Can anyone pöease explain to me how or where the game can be saved?

Old 17-10-2006, 02:30 PM   #116
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(guest @ Oct 16 2006, 09:13 PM) [snapback]261600[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Can anyone pöease explain to me how or where the game can be saved?
[/b]
Ctrl+S - Save game
Ctrl+R - Restore game
Old 19-10-2006, 06:27 AM   #117
mika
Games Master

Hey Guys,

As you probably know Computer Gaming World has an archive of old magazines on the net in PDF format. I found these quite interesting:
  1. Number 49, July, 1988 - A feature interview with Ultima designer Lord British
  2. Number 69, March, 1990 - A sneak preview of Ultima VI: The False Prophet
  3. Number 72, June, 1990 - Review for Ultima VI
There are loads more relating to Ultima!
mika is offline                         Send a private message to mika
Old 31-10-2006, 08:39 PM   #118
susu

Question

[font=Comic Sans Ms] Hi I am brand new to all this - I downloaded Ultima (all of them since I loved the first - third years back) and it came to me unzipped. I extracted the files and now there is a file for Ultima that contains icons of different parts of the game...
I don't know how to begin the game :tai: - there's nothing to get into it from what I downloaded. I am not as savvy as the people here - I'm new to gaming like this. ..so I'm probably asking dumb questions... but since I paid for this, I'll ask anyways and thanks to those listening who will send help.
I downloaded both of the programs they recommended to use but i can't get to the page where you click and hit download. All I could get to was the page with the sideboxes that said newbies and oldies, VIP, and so on. :wallbash: Once I clicked on a game, another box opened but still i can't find the page shown in the tutorials for downloading.
One more question - why are there games on here that cannot be downloaded? I am not savvy enough to know if there is a way around this or not...but if not, why are they here at all? They advertised 800,000 plus games and said there were no games they were aware of that couldn't be found yet there's a lot of them I wanted that weren't here. I feel like I'm missing the point of how to do all this...please help! I'm dying to get into my games.... :thanx:

susu
e-mail removed in case you want to send something direct....Like I said THANKS to you whoever you are...

Please do not post your e-mail address on the forum. Thank you!
susu is offline                         Send a private message to susu
Old 01-11-2006, 04:43 AM   #119
mika
Games Master

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(susu @ Oct 31 2006, 11:39 PM) [snapback]264681[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I don't know how to begin the game[/b]
You need to run install.exe first and select the option to create a new character, then you run the file ultima6.exe to run the game and create a new character. If these files don't exist then your game is probably not playable and if you paid for it someone tricked you.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(susu @ Oct 31 2006, 11:39 PM) [snapback]264681[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
One more question - why are there games on here that cannot be downloaded?[/b]
Click on
mika is offline                         Send a private message to mika
Old 01-11-2006, 03:44 PM   #120
susu

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mika @ Oct 31 2006, 11:43 PM) [snapback]264738[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(susu @ Oct 31 2006, 11:39 PM) [snapback]264681[/snapback]
Quote:
I don't know how to begin the game[/b]
You need to run install.exe first and select the option to create a new character, then you run the file ultima6.exe to run the game and create a new character. If these files don't exist then your game is probably not playable and if you paid for it someone tricked you.

Quote:
One more question - why are there games on here that cannot be downloaded?[/b]
Click on
[/b][/quote]
Thanks for your input but, I downloaded it from this site...I hit the download button where it showed the program and a zipped file came up on my desktop - when I unzipped it there was no way to play the game.
Am i supposed to buy the program even though I paid for using this site? I'm so confused here :wallbash: ...and the site doesn't answer questions...they had a message that I had to use a forum to get information. I'm not sure what i paid for... please help again!!!
susu is offline                         Send a private message to susu