Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: Which one of these fine games would you like to see an awesome movie of?
Lengend of Kyrandia series. 2 2.47%
Monkey Island series. 17 20.99%
Sam & Max. 8 9.88%
Full Throttle. 5 6.17%
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. 30 37.04%
Loom. 5 6.17%
Death Gate. 3 3.70%
Eric The Unready. 1 1.23%
Maniac Mansion. 4 4.94%
Quest For Glory series. 6 7.41%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2012, 10:09 AM   #1
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Default Weekly Poll: Which Game would you most like to see as a movie? Finished!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
Which of the listed (or the ones you have mentioned in a post) games would you like to see as a really good movie (In a dimension where Uwe Boll was subject to lynching by people with actual taste in movies)?
Remember if the game you want isn't in the list give us a shout in a post about what game you would most like to see as a movie, but still vote for one of these beauties as well. And don't forget to tell us about why and what you would most like to see in the movie.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 05-02-2012, 10:17 AM   #2
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

I am torn with this one, Full Throttle and Quest for Glory would be some awesome movies to me. But Full Throttle with its more dystopian future world pulls just ahead and gets my vote. Watching Ben save the day and roar around on his bike would be perfect in action and comedy to me.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 05-02-2012, 10:32 AM   #3
Scatty
Treasure hunter

I guess Full Throttle is almost the only one which qualifies for a good movie adaptation, IMO, so I vote for it. That is, if it's not about some animated movies or a fairy tale.
However the actual game I would love to see being made into movie is Fallout 1. I know, there've been a lot post-apocalyptic movies around all the time, but with exception of The Book of Eli I couldn't find one that would come even close to the unique mood that is (was) created in the first Fallout. Made to resemble the original story close enough along the original lines, while leaving freedom for creating own twists, made with love for, and thorough knowledge of what is created, I'm sure the movie could score at least a good hit.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 05-02-2012, 10:35 AM   #4
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Have you ever watched Mad Max, or Mad Max 2 Road Warrior at all Scatty? Also I seem to recall there actually was an attempt at making a Fallout movie at one point that bombed. The problem I see is that the games are just too long to cram into one movie, a TV series on the other hand...that could be the best thing ever.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #5
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Of course I saw all the three Mad Max movies, that's certainly a classic. I saw as much of post-apocalyptic movies as I could find out about, even some more obscure ones from the 80s, so I know most of them I think. The Mad Max movies, IMO, actually resemble Fallout mood even less than Book of Eli, and that latter one reminded me of the game again and again while watching it.

Last edited by Scatty; 05-02-2012 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Typo fix
Old 05-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #6
Tracker
Home Sweet Abandonia

Actually, I can't decide - that's why I intended to make this poll. I'd like to see all of these, for example, Eric the Unready by Monthy Python or Sam and Max as a cartoon, but the one that could be still possible is Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis - looking at the last movie, they should have did this one instead. Some people say it's story is even better than the original trilogy. I can only agree on those statements, and the busty chick with Indy is still the sexiest girl in videogames in her VGA palette pixel art glory.

Reverend Preacherbot: Wretched sinner unit! The path to Robot Heaven lies here, in the Good Book 3.0.
Bender: Hey. Do I preach at you when you're lying stoned in the gutter? No!
Tracker is offline                         Send a private message to Tracker
Old 05-02-2012, 10:45 AM   #7
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

I find Mad Max 2 gets the closest to a Fallout style movie. Though with a Pure neutral hero since Max is still a broken man for most of that movie and only gets better by the end (one of the things I love most about 1 and 2 is how the first movie breaks him and the 2nd brings him back to who he was...3....well best watched drunk).

I have seen a a lot of PA movies, need to go to the video stores and rent some more. I used to have on on VHS which was a documentary on special effects in movies, which was based around a fake PA movie and the effects that would be in it. Had some awesome effects and then showed you how they are done, sadly I lost it.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:50 AM   #8
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 View Post
I find Mad Max 2 gets the closest to a Fallout style movie.
I agree, it has a bit of the mood, but see if you find The Book of Eli to watch if you didn't yet, I'm sure you'll see what I mean. Really dead, burned lands, dreamy-background-dead wasteland music. Ok, enough off-topic for me now
Old 05-02-2012, 10:54 AM   #9
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

I will have to give it a look see, I might have seen it and forgotten what with how many movies I have seen. And don't worry this is barely off topic, we are talking about movies in relation to a game that you would like to see a movie made from. So topic is still intact and I seem to be the mod around here and I deem it to be okay.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:34 AM   #10
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

None of the above. For me? Flashback.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman