Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-06-2005, 09:45 PM   #41
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

I sing with the San Jose Opera...they pay me...w00t for being paid for doing something you love!
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 03-06-2005, 09:47 PM   #42
Indignus IV
Game Wizzard

Talking

Well, I'm thirteen going on fourteen, so i dont really have to worry about a job for quite some time.... but if i had to choose i would have to say i want to be:

A; something to do with nature (biologist, geologist, etc)

B; something to do with the universe (astrophysicist, quantum physicist, robotics)

Yeah, well, I'm probably disgusting you guys with my idealistic views of future dream jobs while you are fighting your way through the reall world
Indignus IV is offline                         Send a private message to Indignus IV
Old 03-06-2005, 10:51 PM   #43
omg
Games Master

hang on to it while you can. im currently unemployed due to being mental. i wish i could go back to 14 and dreams of being a rockstar. (although in your case its science, but hey, each to there own)
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 03-06-2005, 11:08 PM   #44
Triton

You know, I wanted to become a doctor until I took Concepts of Chemistry this past semester. Good gravy.

Old 04-06-2005, 03:01 AM   #45
Indignus IV
Game Wizzard

Talking

Yeah. I guess Im kinda a nerd. All the chaps at school are "oh, i want to be a rockstar, etc." They have crappy bands of their own. I faced reality and said: i need to prepare for failure in the athletic and musical proffesions. I am going to start volunteering at hospitals and stuff to build up credit for high school. Good news! school just ended, so i can start putting all my energy into this stinking website. :whistle:
Indignus IV is offline                         Send a private message to Indignus IV
Old 04-06-2005, 03:22 AM   #46
Triton

What a lot of people don't realize is how hard it is to play music if your innate musical talents were not tapped at an early age, unless of course you're some kind of musical genius or you practice a lot. Even if you don't start off with the guitar (which isn't the best idea), playing other instruments can make you more attuned to music and help you learn others.

That said, a lot of people who are interested in playing the guitar go out and buy one before they find out how hard it is to learn to play. Then they either pretend they can play, try to learn by taking lessons, or let it collect dust in a closet.

Old 04-06-2005, 05:10 AM   #47
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

Triton, I so agree with that. I didn't start to play guitar until I was 19. I perserved for ages thinking I'd improve, but it didn't really happen. But I discovered a talent for composing and having familiarity with acoustic/electric/bass guitars has helped with that. I composed music semi-professionally for a while....meaning I did earn money from it, but not much. I should get back into it as I'm not doing anything right now except voluntary work.

wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 04-06-2005, 08:15 AM   #48
MdaG
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via ICQ to MdaG Send a message via AIM to MdaG Send a message via MSN to MdaG Send a message via Yahoo to MdaG

Quote:
Originally posted by Indignus IV@Jun 3 2005, 09:47 PM
Well, I'm thirteen going on fourteen, so i dont really have to worry about a job for quite some time.... but if i had to choose i would have to say i want to be:

A; something to do with nature (biologist, geologist, etc)

B; something to do with the universe (astrophysicist, quantum physicist, robotics)

Yeah, well, I'm probably disgusting you guys with my idealistic views of future dream jobs while you are fighting your way through the reall world
Your B alternative is close to mine, but I swapped from astrophysics and quatum physics to robotics, signal processing and numerical science. But in the beginning I too wanted to explore physics. Luckily here your not considered a nerd by default just because science is your major.
MdaG is offline                         Send a private message to MdaG
Old 04-06-2005, 08:26 AM   #49
wormpaul
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to wormpaul Send a message via Yahoo to wormpaul

Just heard on the radio, there is a great new job for people who wanna make money in a fast way:

Mastrubation Pigs, to collect the sperm...

It pays very well :whistle:
Old 04-06-2005, 08:46 AM   #50
MdaG
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via ICQ to MdaG Send a message via AIM to MdaG Send a message via MSN to MdaG Send a message via Yahoo to MdaG

Quote:
Originally posted by wormpaul@Jun 4 2005, 08:26 AM
Just heard on the radio, there is a great new job for people who wanna make money in a fast way:

Mastrubation Pigs, to collect the sperm...

It pays very well :whistle:

Selling liquor is fine... LOL
MdaG is offline                         Send a private message to MdaG