Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau > Cold Cases
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-07-2005, 04:47 AM   #1
Elvarg

I have remembered yet another game I used to have about a decade ago.

I don't remember the name or the plot. I remember it was a higher-than-CGA game. It had a really wierd concept I can't grasp (I was very young when I had the game too), so I'll just describe what I remember.

In the game, you had two people walking from left to right on a level (sidescroller type). Random things were attacking these people, like other monsters or some stuff that dropped on them. You were kinda outside the level, with a crosshair as a pointer. Your job was to shoot (click) the enemies or things that were heading towards those 2 guys you are supposed to protect. If they made it safely through the level, you won.

In one of the levels (probably a boss level) there was nothing but this really wierd skeleton-head type with nothing but bones and eyes, who dropped teeth and other stuff from his mouth (ewww) on those 2 poor guys still walking from left to right. In that level, shooting the skeleton's eyes with your crosshair (while also shooting down his teeth to protect your 2 people) was nessecary to kill it.

In other levels, it was a city-background scenarios.

Yes, I haven't told much (that's all I can remember), but due to the extreme wierdness of the game controls I have described, I'm sure that if you ever played the game you'll recognize it. I'd at least want to know the game's name so I can look it up, but obviously my ultimate objective is getting the game.
Elvarg is offline                         Send a private message to Elvarg
Old 07-07-2005, 12:12 PM   #2
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

It sounds a bit like Bomb Jack. Though, that's a flash game, and you use the arrow keys.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:54 PM   #3
Timpsi
Hero Gamer

Bomb Jack a flash game? At least the original was one of the platformer hits of the '80s..

However, the gameplay of the description sounds vaguely like Cabal to me, but since it has nothing to do with protecting people, you're probably looking for something else.