Old 15-09-2014, 04:54 AM   #1
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Your worst game moments

I had 3 moments:

1. Dungeon master 2
Falling very fast doors
Hmm..here I was attacked from some very principal AB members.
First advice: Reduce your load as much as possible.
Second: Use an option.

2. Wizardry 6
Broken lift – No, the game was....broken !!
My sincere thanks to competent Kmonster. Und Danke.

3. Betrayal at Krondor
(Maybe the best RPG for me)
Fat unfriendly men who risen from the earth
To be fair here I cheated. Yes, I was bad one.
Simply, I was too young and stupid and...
Note: Be fair player, mates.
Second note: I was not AB member, still.

Your bad moments, mates?

Of course You had no such moments, Caro Capo? Si?
Old 15-09-2014, 09:33 PM   #2
Panthro
Man of Science

Some of my more recent terrible moments:

Rogue Legacy:
It's more of a platformer/ghouls & ghosts thing, and much like ghouls & ghosts I die a lot. A LOT. Can barely finish the first boss, couldn't get any further. Very frustrating.

Binding Of Isaac:
Again, something that was described as a rogue-like but really isn't. I'm also fantastically terrible at it, and again can only barely get past the first boss fight. Endlessly frustrating.

FTL: Faster Than Light
A bit more rogue-like here, and I can at least make it to the only boss fight. Unfortunately, I have yet to finish the game despite many attempts.
Old 15-09-2014, 10:04 PM   #3
Japo
Autonomous human

Hmmm so many good moments, I can't remember barely any bad ones. I could have probably lost some save games at some time I guess, dunno?

I think most of the bad moments at the time appeared while playing graphic adventures. I liked them a lot for a while, but very often I was stuck at stupid illogical puzzles, and back then I had no Internet to check the solution after I became desperate. The purpose was of course to make the game pointlessly longer to look like it had more value for its money, but it stopped me from finishing many of them. (And back then I never spent any money in PC games, they all came from good old ARJ.)

Having to share my Sega Master System with my syster? Fortunately she didn't follow me into the PC :o)

Tinkering with DOS to make run games that needed more conventional memory or had problems with sound or whatever? Nah that was fun too :o)

Good to see you yoga ;-)
Old 16-09-2014, 01:26 AM   #4
Capo
Unconventional member

The most recent i can remember:

1) Try to find a temple in Betrayal at Krondor, impossible mission.

2) Solving a words puzzle in english based on almost unknown rock bands in Callahan Saloon

3) Finishing the 3 episode of the new Sam & Max, so ugly, another impossible mission

4) Facing a vampire lord in Skyrim and realizing i cant possibly beat the guy before im level 50.

Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Old 16-09-2014, 05:08 AM   #5
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo View Post
The most recent i can remember:

1) Try to find a temple in Betrayal at Krondor, impossible mission.

2) Solving a words puzzle in english based on almost unknown rock bands in Callahan Saloon

3) Finishing the 3 episode of the new Sam & Max, so ugly, another impossible mission

4) Facing a vampire lord in Skyrim and realizing i cant possibly beat the guy before im level 50.

Mi scusi, Caro Capo.
(Excuse me, dear Capo)
i think that You having more that 200 passed games, never stuck.
BTW, can You give me the names of that rock bands, please?
Merci.

What about You, Smiling Spectre?
Old 16-09-2014, 08:01 PM   #6
StaaViinsZ
Abandonia nerd

Talking Forscyth, Return, Therefor, Returnsycth!

Ah!

But what of me, my dear YAGROO!

Long time no speak, eh Sir Vla... --er, Yoga? (using yoga for your privacy concerns, fair sir.)

Many centuries past have gone, but to reach this one climax of World History...--!

HELLO ALL!!

I HAVE RETURNED!!!!!!!!

However, in my absence, i have given up the good fight.

I am no longer my gaming self, nor foruming self, for i have many other things which i like to do, and feel as if gaming (and occasionally, even foruming) are large wastes of time.

That said, it's always nice to have a little fun once in a while and talk with friends!

So don't expect me to be fanatic about it, but sure, i'm here to talk sometimes or play the occasional game

In the past, i have gotten stressed over preserving every thing i do on forums, etc.

There's really no need to worry about that lol.

So anyhow...

YAGROO!! Long time, my old friend! Very long time. Surely, you remember days past in which we e-mailed each other like Good Pen Pal buddies, hm?

I do apologize for anything i might have said in the past... especially if what you were trying to tell me was indeed, true.

But let's let the past be a bygone, eh?

Still friends, my good man?

*achemm*

Also, a shout out at Smiling Spectre, my other cool buddy. Long time no talk, man!

Lastly, to my other friends on this forum, i wish you well and say hello to you once again

TO ALL THOSE WHO WOULD LISTEN, LET IT BE KNOWN THAT HE HAS RETURNED!!!

Okay, maybe i'm making all this a bit too grandiose. Anyway, nice to see you guys again

Later :P

-Stephen (Known in the past as, StaaViinsZ )

"...this forum seems like a bunch of jumbled posts all bound together, except a toddler has been tearing "Posts" out of the "Binder"."

"And here we are, in the shadows, patiently awaiting a reply to appear, in it's natural habitat."

"Why quote someone else when you alone have enough ridiculous posts for the whole forum's user base?" -All Quotes StaaViinsZ
StaaViinsZ is offline                         Send a private message to StaaViinsZ
Old 16-09-2014, 08:04 PM   #7
StaaViinsZ
Abandonia nerd

Default Oh dear...

Oh dear, i have just realized the nature of my grievance, in that worst way of shifting the entire thread in my direction when i should have posted a new thread...

Admin, feel free to transfer my posts to a new thread...

Otherwise, my sincere apologies, Mr. Yoga.

-StaaVi

"...this forum seems like a bunch of jumbled posts all bound together, except a toddler has been tearing "Posts" out of the "Binder"."

"And here we are, in the shadows, patiently awaiting a reply to appear, in it's natural habitat."

"Why quote someone else when you alone have enough ridiculous posts for the whole forum's user base?" -All Quotes StaaViinsZ
StaaViinsZ is offline                         Send a private message to StaaViinsZ
Old 17-09-2014, 11:01 AM   #8
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthro View Post
Some of my more recent terrible moments:

Rogue Legacy:
It's more of a platformer/ghouls & ghosts thing, and much like ghouls & ghosts I die a lot. A LOT. Can barely finish the first boss, couldn't get any further. Very frustrating.
Oh, it _meant_ to kill you. Each time. Nothing to worry. Upgrade, level up, get most obvious chests, upgrade... It will be better later.

Me, personally, on my L80, still not able to kill 4th boss. And dies about 200+ times so far (100+ before my first boss, I suppose). But I am very bad in platformers.
Quote:
Binding Of Isaac:
Again, something that was described as a rogue-like but really isn't. I'm also fantastically terrible at it, and again can only barely get past the first boss fight. Endlessly frustrating.
Oh, it's not so bad when you understood mechanics and got some nice upgrades (you still will die too frequent, and particularly bad initial loot will kill you, so to speak). But if you know where to blow, what all this cards means and unlock some upgrades - it's passable. Me, personally, only killed Mother - but it's passable, even for such slowpoke as me.
Quote:
FTL: Faster Than Light
A bit more rogue-like here, and I can at least make it to the only boss fight. Unfortunately, I have yet to finish the game despite many attempts.
I hate this game. I made it to the boss, killed him... and got _worse_ version of the same boss, when I haven't any weapon reserves anymore. Oh, come on!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
What about You, Smiling Spectre?
Oh, it's simply. I hate each and every game that I cannot beat. Then I am clenches my fists, and beat it anyway. If I can. If I see not fair game (Galactic Civilization 1, for example, or Endless Space, or FTL, or Papers, Please) - I am mostly abandoning it and never return.
Old 17-09-2014, 06:42 PM   #9
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Fallout 2

Running with the patched version, completing every single thingies - then just before I could leave to Enclave the save-file goes corrupt, because the game is bugged BY THE PATCH.

Phantasmagoria (1)

I find every single secret and literally trying everything, when turns out my CD4 is corrupt.

Diablo 2, online

With monthes of work, just before the end of the season, I complete my build with all the ladder-only item, when a *#@ decides it is time to try if (s)he can PK.

Robocop

This was back in the C64 times. Noone, and mean NOONE was able to finish that game in the factory. I ran again and again (back than if you died you had to play the WHOLE GAME ALL OVER, no saves), trying to pass that. I was running, not caring for my armor, shooting like madman with the joystick, finding all the good stuff to kill the enemies - I finally see the bloody EXIT, and I even have armor to suffer 1 more bullet - than thuh, timer runs out.

Last edited by twillight; 17-09-2014 at 06:51 PM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 18-09-2014, 12:57 AM   #10
Capo
Unconventional member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post

BTW, can You give me the names of that rock bands, please?
Merci.
Cant remember, maybe you can find some video on youtube.

Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo