Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-02-2010, 06:05 PM   #11
Acethor
HECU Marine

Owned.

We need help!! Click the link above if you're interested!
Acethor is offline                         Send a private message to Acethor
Old 09-02-2010, 06:28 PM   #12
Tomekk
Master of Orion

Send a message via Yahoo to Tomekk

When talking about bad games, only one comes to my mind.

Marathon 2 - Durandal

Main problem: INSANELY HORRIBLE GRAPHICS AND BAD GAMEPLAY.

I normally don't give a damn about graphics, as long as there is a simple graphical display showing the action, I'm happy. But Marathon 2 makes it hurt your eyes.

Seriously, no other game has such horrible textures and graphics. They seem to be from 2 different games and they collide and the contrast make your eye feel terrible from just looking at it. Looking at a cyan/pink/black/white CGA display is more pleaseant then this atrocious piece of crap. Ohh and, the gameplay is just lame and akward, seriously, enemies are dumb and the weapons are weak and look crap.

"that's what all jrpgs are about

0: intro
1: talk talk cry talk talk graphics talk talk,
2: boring jrpg generic turn based combat
3: walk map
4: goto 1 12390482309 times
5: outro"
- _r.u.s.s.
Tomekk is offline                         Send a private message to Tomekk
Old 09-02-2010, 07:25 PM   #13
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Let me see your face,
you are the one from my dreams.
Then the stars were right,
and this is the day.

Gods give me strength.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 09-02-2010, 08:45 PM   #14
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Oh man, Riccso speaks the truth - Deus Ex 2... Not exactly a bad game but a terrible, terrible, terrible sequel. Nothing like taking everything that made the original a great game then surgically removing it all.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:54 PM   #15
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

I think it would have worked better without the Deus Ex name.

*And Bit of a spoiler warning here*
And Denton turning into a cold-hearted bastard was interesting.

I mean, there was all kind of shizzle going down and you're confused and everything, wondering who you should trust, then you hear you're going to meet JC Denton and you're like "Oh great! Denton's a great guy! I'l surely trust him from now on". Then you talk to him and find out he wants to turn everyone into mindless and soulless people connected into him.

What the hell Denton?

Last edited by TheChosen; 09-02-2010 at 09:00 PM.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 09-02-2010, 11:24 PM   #16
rabadi
New(bie) Kid on the Linux Users' Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu_Jane View Post
I've remembered another terrible game, the second Dark Sun:Shattered Lands game, Wake Of The Ravager. I loved the first one, but Ravager was so amazingly buggy that it was unplayable when released, and I still hit a bug that made it impossible to complete when I replayed it last year. Buggy releases are a pet hate of mine, and for old games they were a complete disaster because you couldn't just hop onto the internet and find a patch back then.
I like both Dark Sun games. But the second game is indeed full with bugs. I remember being stuck because an object (I think it was either a door or an elevator) just disappeared. The only solution was to load previous saved games (luckily I had lots of save games, and made backups frequently). I was also stuck in the Sinking Stones Maze (Volcano Core) due to timer issue. Slowdown utilities did not help at the time. Reducing the cycles in DOSBox also did not help. Anyway, an administrator in the Dark Sun Online helped me passed that with my saved game. Other than that, nice game. Too bad they do not make this kind of game anymore in recent years... other than the buggy Temple of Elemental Evil, I guess.
rabadi is offline                         Send a private message to rabadi
Old 10-02-2010, 05:41 AM   #17
hunvagy
Thread Necromancer

Send a message via MSN to hunvagy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabadi View Post
I like both Dark Sun games. But the second game is indeed full with bugs. I remember being stuck because an object (I think it was either a door or an elevator) just disappeared. The only solution was to load previous saved games (luckily I had lots of save games, and made backups frequently). I was also stuck in the Sinking Stones Maze (Volcano Core) due to timer issue. Slowdown utilities did not help at the time. Reducing the cycles in DOSBox also did not help. Anyway, an administrator in the Dark Sun Online helped me passed that with my saved game. Other than that, nice game. Too bad they do not make this kind of game anymore in recent years... other than the buggy Temple of Elemental Evil, I guess.
Well the ToEE patch3 eradicated almost every nasty bug.. including the one where you couldn't loot anybody And ToEE falls in line with Vampire: Bloodlines.

Which by the way (sadly) earns his place in this discussion, as being seriously broken and unplayable in it's "final" state. Thank god for community patches.

Oh and Marathon 2.. well that game may be a hit on the Mac, but as Tomekk pointed out, it really has no relevance to the PC

By the way, I just remembered the culmination of baad games. It's even worse then Winthrop's Mansion, at least that was completed, and thus being bad. *Drumroll* World of Chaos My ties to this game are of nostalgia and patriotism. Made by a hungarian development team, based on a hungarian novel series and P&P game, this could have been sooo awesome. Instead, it was cancelled. So what is it doing here? Well apparently it WAS released in Germany. In the state the developers left it. No kidding, I saw this in a shop on one of my excursions to Germany. I was suprised, and after I got home I googled and searched and unearthed a version... to my demise.
It looks good, it sounds good.. and the good things end right there. Only a few starter quests are working, combat barely. Everything else is broken, non existant, and well.. unfinished. I really should call it the DNF of RPGs, but hey, someone put this out on the market
Old 10-02-2010, 06:50 AM   #18
supa_mario
Abandonia nerd

Lol that list has four of my favourite games of all time.

I would say Big Rigs:Over the road Racing But I don't think that can even be called a game.
supa_mario is offline                         Send a private message to supa_mario
Old 10-02-2010, 06:54 AM   #19
esgmaster
Super Freak

Only one I'd think of putting here is Chrono Trigger, but that isn't bad enough to be on such a list.

I'd have been happier if this list had Strife or The Last Half of Darkness I.
esgmaster is offline                         Send a private message to esgmaster
Old 10-02-2010, 12:07 PM   #20
riccso
Failboat guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by supa_mario View Post
Lol that list has four of my favourite games of all time.

I would say Big Rigs:Over the road Racing But I don't think that can even be called a game.
http://www.indavideo.hu/video/Rossz_...he_road_racing
Hungary's Angry Video Game Nerd tested it,and games like...
SNAJPER,WINTHORPE'S MANSION,BARBIE SUPER MODEL,DARK VAMPIRES,WANTED GUNS,and MORTYR.
FEAR THESE GAMES,FEAR THEM!