Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Approved Requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-08-2006, 09:15 AM   #1
shoogal

Default Jetsons, The - The Computer Game

Hi, Ive just joined and would like to post some requests for games I think havent been mentioned or requested before. I tried using the search menu for games and it brought up some I was looking for but when I click on the link it takes me to Moby games with no option saying it is downloadable freeware, protected or for sale, so I am going to put these requests in here also. A lot of these games are just what have been stuck in my head over the years and finally I find this great site to ask about them.

Operation Stealth - I remember this game for how hard it was and how long it took me to make any progress in it. I think I got to a level where you are crawling around in a maze or it could have been the heating pipes or something in the dark, Im sure there were rats in it and that is the last memory I have of that game. anyway I think most people will remember this game.

Zombi - Probably based on Romero's Dawn of the Dead, man this game was hard. It had the view of looking through your eyes except you couldnt turn round you could only side step or go backwards while always looking forward. I remember you had to block the doors to prevent zombies getting in and you could use all the shops in the mall to help you out, You had a gun shop and a fast food place and a electrical store. Hope this helps.

The Jetsons - This was an adventure game, You started out on earth at your work (now you either got fired or you just went home), I think you catch a rocket to the moon or something or the moon was where your home was. I cant remember much more than this, sorry.

The aincent art of war in the Skies - Took me ages to remeber the name of this game, I kept thinking it was Sun Tzu's art of war but I knew it was set in world war 1. This was a top down view of a battle field and I think you could build planes,tanks and troops etc or you just started out with a set amount and had to be very strategic about using them.

Sorry for the length but I didnt want to post them all individually.

Thanks for looking.
shoogal is offline                         Send a private message to shoogal
Old 27-08-2006, 10:06 AM   #2
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

James Bond: The Stealth Affair (aka Operation Stealth) --- 1990 Interplay game --- falls outside ESA's active protection = Abandoned

Zombi --- 1990 Ubi soft game --- falls outside ESA's active protection = Abandoned

The Jetsons --- Abandoned

The Ancient Art of War in the Skies --- Abandoned
Old 27-08-2006, 01:52 PM   #3
shoogal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tom Henrik @ Aug 27 2006, 11:06 AM) [snapback]251183[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
James Bond: The Stealth Affair (aka Operation Stealth) --- 1990 Interplay game --- falls outside ESA's active protection = Abandoned

Zombi --- 1990 Ubi soft game --- falls outside ESA's active protection = Abandoned

The Jetsons --- Abandoned

The Ancient Art of War in the Skies --- Abandoned
[/b]

What do you mean when you say abandoned and falls outside esa protection, are they available to download for free or will it cost money and from where.
shoogal is offline                         Send a private message to shoogal
Old 27-08-2006, 01:58 PM   #4
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

If someone have the games, and contacted Abandonia, requesting uploading, then it could/would(?) be hosted here.
Old 27-08-2006, 03:15 PM   #5
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(shoogal @ Aug 27 2006, 01:52 PM) [snapback]251211[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
What do you mean when you say abandoned and falls outside esa protection, are they available to download for free or will it cost money and from where.
[/b]
I mean this:
Quote:
Originally posted by AW List
Descriptions for ESA member companies

The meaning of the different statuses will change when the company is an ESA Member. They are as follows. The numbers in the brackets represent how many games of each respective status are currently in the database:
Abandonware (751)
These softwares are by all means abandoned by their rightful owner(s), and ESA is only protecting these softwares in name. In reality, ESA deems them not worthy their attention, and would rather use their time and effort on more well known software. This means that these softwares can be hosted on Abandonware Sites, if the webmaster is willing to risk it. Just because ESA isn't actively protecting them, doesn't mean they don't protect them at all. There is still a risk with these softwares.
They are not actively protected anymore, and as such we can host them if someone supplies them.
Old 27-08-2006, 10:45 PM   #6
Entrante

I have "The Ancient Art of War in the Skies", but "Operation Stealth" only in spanish.
Entrante is offline                         Send a private message to Entrante
Old 28-08-2006, 01:38 PM   #7
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I've got an English version of Operation Stealth, but cannot get it to run in DosBox.

In 0.63 it kind of worked (albeit with glitchy animations), in 0.65 it doesn't work at all no matter what tricks I employ.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 02-08-2007, 01:15 PM   #8
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

All approved.
(I can't write games names in the title, they're too much long)
Old 02-08-2007, 01:58 PM   #9
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

You can, but only if you edit it from the forum level (like I just did). Click and hold on the title, then edit.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 02-08-2007, 02:02 PM   #10
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

Oh damn! But that's arcane magic! LOL