Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-04-2017, 04:24 PM   #1
eMTe

Default 3 Skulls of the Toltecs - I can't run it

I have downloaded the game from Old-Games.ru

http://www.old-games.ru/game/download/2874.html

1) Full-Rip version doesn't have installation files, but when I click 3SKULLS only the console window appears for a very short time and nothing happens. I am able to read though, that the game calls the "western" file (over 300 Mb), included in the folder, but having no extension.

2) CD Image version has installation files. I am running the game from virtual drive. When I click setup I get the following message:

"The procedure entry point SUnMapLS_IP_EBP_12 could not be located in the library KERNEL32.dll.

Any help for either of those versions?
eMTe is offline                         Send a private message to eMTe
Old 28-04-2017, 01:25 PM   #2
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Checked...

1. Full version is DOS (DOC4GW totally gave it away). So most probably you need DOSBox to start it. Anyway, it totally works in DOSBox.

But there is one problem here. BAT (that you starting) is trying to start c:\3skulls\WESTERN. And it means that file WESTERN must be in the c:\3skulls dir. And to guarantee _this_, you must mount upper dir as C: (for example, if your game is in d:\games\3skulls dir, you had to mount c d:\games in DOSBox) before starting the game.
Other way around is to change the path in the .BAT, obviously in the any text editor. But I used the first way.

2. Installation message basically means "We didn't found needed installation module in the library KERNEL32.DLL". And as Kernel is the fundamental Windows module, chance is, you have too new Windows. No way to resolve it, I fear (it isn't Win3 that can be emulated in DOSBox, as there is no 32-bit version of Win3. Most probably it's Win98). Well, you can try virtual machine with Win98, if you insist.