Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-11-2010, 10:46 PM   #91
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking 14-th Mission is over. Lysandus' revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramazon View Post
I'd kind of like to play Daggerfall now, seeing all those missions described. I used to play it but I would just go fighting random encounters. The dungeons got very boring very quickly. How can you manage to keep playing it for so long without getting bored? I'd love a few tips so I could actually finish it.

Hi, Aramazon,

welcome to the best game thread.

Moment, pls.

...Yes, betrayer and killer Lord Woodworne was found and killed by brave yoga. Now the spirit of noble King Lysandus is ready for resurrection. When You kill this lord, a short video will show the King and his army. Just 9 missions left only, but because the game is not linear I dunno what to do. Will wait and try something.

Dear Aramazon,
with all my respect to YOU, allow me to disagree with yr words the game DF is boring game. As you know RPG are mainly in caves, castles or like. It is not out door games like Doom2.

Yes, in the very beginning till you starve to increase yr level status you must visit monotonous places. But this way you training for bigger challenges. Start the game and for me will be pleasure to direct you and help you. Soon the game will became one wonderful adventure.

Enjoy !

yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Old 19-11-2010, 09:13 AM   #92
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking 15-th Mission is over. Concern for Nulfaga.

No comment.

[/quote]
Old 19-11-2010, 10:40 AM   #93
wardencz
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via ICQ to wardencz

Well, Yoga, you seem to be a hardcore player =)
I thought that after I posted some of the tips on character creation u will start over again, I think that by that time you weren't far from begnning anyway, but no, you just kept playing on, thumb up for that .
One of the things I'm wondering about is actually how you manage to kill vamp ancient with barely 90 mana. I remember my hard times defeating one with 250 mana, yet u manage to do it with 90 =)
As you are speaking of using magic weapons and stuff, I guess u have them identified and are well aware of their abilities, since most of magical items are "use me and cast something", other, with constant effect are getting worn way much faster than normal, even if it isn't a weapon, just because of having it equipped.
As for your lvl of 31 or so, I guess you are fully daedric equipped with daedric dai-katana(in case that you are using swords) used as a tool of destruction, if not, I suggest geting one ASAP =).
As for UUW2, I played and finished it too, but it was years ago. Won't be much of help there.
Anyway keep fighting a good fight .
wardencz is offline                         Send a private message to wardencz
Old 19-11-2010, 07:05 PM   #94
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardencz View Post
One of the things I'm wondering about is actually how you manage to kill vamp ancient with barely 90 mana. I remember my hard times defeating one with 250 mana, yet u manage to do it with 90 =)
As you are speaking of using magic weapons and stuff, I guess u have them identified and are well aware of their abilities, since most of magical items are "use me and cast something", other, with constant effect are getting worn way much faster than normal, even if it isn't a weapon, just because of having it equipped.
It's quite simple actually. You just have to create own character instead of choosing one of the offered classes, give him ability to regenerate mana and have 3x of it and add some insignificant disadvantages like taking damage in holy places (which only rarely does you any bad) to balance off character advancement, and start training all primary and secondary (you should have none of them less than on secondary) magic skills. For that you create spells with one effect that uses each one specific school, set them to lowest values so that they use no more than 5 mana, get some money and rent a room in an inn for something like 2-3 months. Cast one spell up to empty mana, rest, repeat until that skill reaches it's maximum of 100 or 95. For offensive spells like dummy firebolt for training Destruction, cast it on the door of the room, that counts as a hit and trains the according skill.
Train all magic skills that way up, after which you can create even combined spells with good values like shield + spell absorb together and they would mostly still cost only 5 mana to cast. With such skills and spells even ancient vampires will be rarely any threat to you, which makes the game maybe even a bit too easy.

As for the items bit, there's a variable in Daggerfall's config file that can be set and allows with the latest patch, while creating own items in magic guild, to add Repair property on them which repairs everything in your inventory just the same way as if you would give weapons or armor to a smith to repair, though the property repairs only if you rest, not during traveling. Use the capture soul spell to store souls of Ancient Vampires or Daedra Lords in soul containers to allow much more being added to an item. Ancient Vampire souls even have no disadvantages but huge point bonus.
Easy to become overpowered with all the strategies above.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 20-11-2010, 04:32 PM   #95
Aramazon
Abandonia nerd

It's actually really fun, but my biggest issue right now is my save files keep getting corrupted and then I'm losing time I put in. Do you guys have this problem too or what? When I try to load the save file it will say some random error or the last time it was some kind of character error. Any suggestions?
Aramazon is offline                         Send a private message to Aramazon
Old 21-11-2010, 12:47 PM   #96
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Never had that happening, though there are quite a lot of (also game-damaging) bugs in earlier versions of the game. Do you have the latest patch for it installed? Also just in case you're not playing it in DosBox, you should. Last but not least, it might have something to do with problems on your hard drive, run a Scandisk and see if there're any errors.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 22-11-2010, 11:56 AM   #97
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Hurray!! Once again for brave yoga

Hey, amigos,
Ty for yr questions and conversion.
Well, my gamer friends named me Bulldog. Y'now what it means.
Some more info, if Y dont mind:
-Few years ago I started here in AB the game The world of Xeen.I played and played but was impossible to kill bad Lord. I started game 6 times, till a friendly gamer ( maybe this was Kmonster) informed me that my mistake was that I just carried the weapons not wear. After this help the dead of bad lord was piece of cake.
Little note: One good hearten gamer here advice me to attack a lava area with very strong, very strong monsters. And stupid yoga attacked. Wow!! What was my surprise found myself among not 1-2 monsters but 7 !!! and more approaching.
But yoga is yoga..I killed 3 and vanished as a spirit.
Vo-vo. I will not betray this gamer, he is very good man. )
Then I finished the game Anvil of down. Again Scatty was my mother Teressa.
Then I leave AB because of problems beyond my control.
After my return I started Ultima 8 – Pagan. I started the game 6 times – nice Paco and Scatty helped me non stop , but something was wrong and reaching the Pit of Dead I give up.
Then I finished the saga of Ravenloft:
1- Strahd' Possession
2- Stone Prophet.
During these adventures I played the game Heretic 1 (maybe I am the best world player of this game) and Prince of Persia 3. I started Doom 3, but do not liked in single version.

Now I finished Daggerfall. Actually there a some more missions (2 or 3) but this depends of the game.. I started the game DF at 15 May 10. First 6 months I accomplished 5-6 missions. Then suddenly I started to pass 1 mission per day-two days.

If You do not mind I will give You more details and some trips for new comer.

My parameters:
Level - 35
Magic points - 86
I am Nord, custom character, some mix like Fighter and Magician.

My equipment:
Accessories:
1 amulet
1 bracelet
1 magical ring
1 magical emerald
1 magical diamond

Dresses and weapons
-Red helm +10
-Daedric right cauldron +10
-Daedric left cauldron +10
-Daedric left pauldron +10
-Daedric boots +10
-Daedric greaves +10
-Steel Cutlass +4, magical
-Fancy Armbands , magical
-Khajiit suit magical
-Towered shield +4,
-Daedric dagger 13-18, magical
Numbers, starting from my Helm to clockwise – 25,25,21,4,9,21 (on my portrait)

Others:
Gold – 230 000 pieces
Fatique – 153
Health – 260
Encumbrance: 145
Strength – 97
Intelligence – 172
Willpower – 88
Agility – 58
Endurance – 56
Person. - 57
Speed – 86
Luck 62

Spells: I have 31 spells, but I will show the best ones and required magic points:
6 Shock
15 Troll blood
15 Cure disease
27 Paralyze
20 Spell resistance
28 Spell reflection
33 Spell shield
5 Jumping
7 Fireball
9 Invisibility
5 Levitate
15 Open
6 Heal
8 RECALL

I DID NOT make spells. I bought. Where yoga? Search Magic Guild, join and then buy the spells. Moreover I am lazy beggar.
(cont.)
Old 22-11-2010, 12:20 PM   #98
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Very strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramazon View Post
It's actually really fun, but my biggest issue right now is my save files keep getting corrupted and then I'm losing time I put in. Do you guys have this problem too or what? When I try to load the save file it will say some random error or the last time it was some kind of character error. Any suggestions?
Never had that happening, never..
I have no any bug in the game.

Only I do not like the pose of killed opponents -
(with open legs, like prostitute, a little cynical, sorry)

yoga moralist
Old 22-11-2010, 01:44 PM   #99
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Part 2 - Some 20 tips

Some tips of DF:
  1. Never ask the citizens with weapon on, steal mode. You will be ignored. Grab mode, weapon off.
  2. Do not kill the citizens, You will be attacked by very strong knight(s). And more trouble.
  3. Note: I made test how I am strong in the last missions- relaxing I was sent by Magician to kill rebel mage – I found this mage, it was in the roof, killed it and loose about 20 mana. Then I called knights, imitating sleep (it is strictly prohibited to sleep in town!) Well, 3 knights appeared and attacked me. But brave yoga defeated the knights. You lie, yoga! NO, I swear in my dad! OK, how did it? Not easy, amigo. I attacked one knight. And keep my eyes on my life meter (the left column). When this meter approached the bottom I click on the spellHeal. Hurray! Full meter. One knight is down. Same tactic I defeated these 4 knights. Remember I was level 34. Very well equipped and with magic weapon. For WARDENCZ only: Believe me ,mate, I am surprised to know yr troubles with anc vampire with 250 mana. My tactic; When I see this one I spell the Spell - Spell reflection and attacked the monster. At least 3 hits with my magic dagger and finito. No idea how is possible so experienced gamer like YOU to have these problems with vampires? Pls note that all my equipment and weapons are enchanted in Magic guild.
  4. Write down carefully all location names! Yoga , how to use my sword? Ah, excuse me! Try fast mouse motion from far up left to far down right. Train and you will be OK.
  5. How to visit another province? Get out of castle, house, inn or like. Press button W. In the map press on required province. Then press Find and write the name. This is not easy moment.
  6. Save and save. Keep saves in flash memory for example.
  7. When you have spell Recall, use it before enter any castle, house, and dangerous place. It will save you many troubles and you will say: Thank you yoga very much!! Believe me.
  8. From time to time press Button +. Soon you will be granted with … ha ha .
  9. Keep any messages!
  10. If you remove something on the ground, it disappear soon.
  11. Control your health. Place mouse button on the watch far right down and you will know yr condition. Beware any virus. If you have, goto some guild – they have a doctor.
  12. Let me tell some funny moment with yoga: Battling in timeless caves I was virused. Have no medicine. Try to use Fast travel – W, then press on wanted location . No , I received message that it is impossible to travel ill. So? I decided to travel step by step to remove location. And 30 minutes I desperately pressed button to location. I did it! But for fast traveling press button 1. I entered the town, goto Guil, asked for help, payed the sum and voila!!
  13. Do not be greedy. In fact 40 000 golds are enough.
  14. Do not repair yr stuff when you find magic weapon or shield.No need. You may increase yr weapon characteristics in same Magic guild. Find Smith.
  15. If anyway yr money are too much visit bank and transfer in Letters of credit – they weight 250 grams only. Sry, I use CI system, not Inch.
  16. Keep in mind that using Spell Reflection you will easy killed the opponent directing spells on you.
  17. Avoid any task with very strong enemies or too difficult places. The main quests are not too hard.
  18. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfallaggerfall Big helper.
  19. If you are not so strong, use spell Invisibility
  20. Good luck!
Hey, Aramazon, I made test with one my old Save file. No problem. If you want this save file (sry it is no at the beginning, just PM me. I see you reject any PM.
Greetings.

Please, be advised that brave yoga will concentrate on game UW2. TY
Old 23-11-2010, 04:52 AM   #100
wardencz
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via ICQ to wardencz

Maybe, that my hero felt the fear I felt so he rather died =)
EDIT: Or maybe I'm not as skilled as it may seem =P

Last edited by wardencz; 23-11-2010 at 04:59 AM.
wardencz is offline                         Send a private message to wardencz