Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-03-2005, 09:35 AM   #11
Cengco

Only a few control-icons but very nice graphics. It reminds me on "Simon, the sorcerer" and "Legend of Kyrandia".

Old 14-04-2005, 11:29 PM   #12
crazy_smiler

After I downloaded the game, it will not work. I downloaded it again and still it says there is a problem. Can someone help me out please. :help:
crazy_smiler is offline                         Send a private message to crazy_smiler
Old 16-06-2005, 09:59 PM   #13
meriux

O come on ESA, its been 13 years. It should be free now

Old 17-06-2005, 12:56 AM   #14
crazy_smiler

I still cannot get my game to work nor can I find a different one to download. Also does anyone know where I can download Lost files of Sherlock Holmes: rose tattoo, that will actually work too.
crazy_smiler is offline                         Send a private message to crazy_smiler
Old 23-03-2006, 01:46 AM   #15
brin

Quote:
Originally posted by meriux@Jun 16 2005, 09:59 PM
O come on ESA, its been 13 years. It should be free now
Yah about that ESA thing... it's not entirely clear how we get the game through them - can we? If not then WHY is it on this website? Isn't abandonware abandonded and doesn't abandonded mean given up? It's obviously not given up if its release is still controlled by someone...

Could somebody explain this to me? Because I really wanted Laura Bow too!

I don't mind the King's Quest thing because my ma still has ALL of them at home and I play them during the summer... she sold my Laura Bow games though! And this one looks really good.

Any help/clarification is much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Old 23-03-2006, 12:19 PM   #16
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Abandonware is not a legal term. We put on games that are "abandoned" meaning the copyright owners either don't exist any more, don't care about the game any more... and we're not hurting anyone by doing so, that's why usually no-one objects.

This game was added to the site quite some time ago, but we were then contacted by ESA. They are a law firm, hired to protect the copyrights of different companies (such as Accolade, Atari, LucasArts...) and all the games by Sierra are n their list of protected games. That is why we removed the download link.

The review is still here, because Abandonia is mostly about keeping the memories alive (like a game museum), but as it is 100% illegal to have the game for downloading (like with some other games) we are not hosting it. If you really want the game, you should look on ebay and try to get a second hand copy.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 23-03-2006, 12:43 PM   #17
The Good Soldier Švejk
[BANNED]

err..................
The Good Soldier Švejk is offline                         Send a private message to The Good Soldier Švejk
Old 23-03-2006, 12:52 PM   #18
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

I was replying to the last post on side 1 (but didn't quote). Read that post to understan why I wrote what I did.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 28-03-2006, 06:49 AM   #19
brin

Thanks for clarifying.

God, that sucks. I have a laptop with a floppy drive, I can't buy the games, I have to download them :,(

Old 17-06-2007, 05:47 AM   #20
arlesya
world wanderer

I remember this game. When I first played I was about 13 years old and the game was already kinda dated. I enjoyed it mostly because of the characters. But the game play itself is very limited, even for small children. And it's just too easy at times and there aren't many places to go to. You are limited to the roads and to the very small town. And the shop never opens, which is also quite disappointing. I think children deserve a little more credit at times.