Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-11-2006, 11:53 AM   #21
Bluntman
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via MSN to Bluntman

This, Ladies, is an ABSOLUTE classic. Highly recommended to everyone who likes round-based, tactical games. I've reactivated this gem on my GP2X a few weeks ago. Can't stop to play a few rounds before i go to sleep
Bluntman is offline                         Send a private message to Bluntman
Old 08-11-2006, 05:09 PM   #22
Guest_Aramax_*

There is a protection question when you start up the game... the manual you guys provide is just one page and it's very hard to find what word I need to provide them.

How do I find the word on
page 19
paragraph 1
line 3
word 7
?

Im still amazed so many peoples have been able to reply about the game even tho no one had acess to those codes... not from this web site anyway.

Old 08-11-2006, 05:21 PM   #23
BassBo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest_Aramax_* @ Nov 8 2006, 07:09 PM) [snapback]265936[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
There is a protection question when you start up the game... the manual you guys provide is just one page and it's very hard to find what word I need to provide them.

How do I find the word on
page 19
paragraph 1
line 3
word 7
?

Im still amazed so many peoples have been able to reply about the game even tho no one had acess to those codes... not from this web site anyway.
[/b]

Start the game with "SC.bat", it´s already cracked and needs no codes!
k:
BassBo is offline                         Send a private message to BassBo
Old 08-11-2006, 07:42 PM   #24
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

Am I the only one who can´t select target, when I chose to shoot , and not hand to hand combat ?

Edit, I have just read somewhere else, it could be someting to do with moslo configuration. In SC.bat

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(red_avatar @ Nov 7 2006, 03:54 AM) [snapback]265604[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Actually the boardgame here was called Star Quest - I have it :P It was very complicated to me when I was 12 years old, especially because the manual was badly translated from English to dutch, with a lot of English words being directly translated, losing its meaning.
[/b]
hmmmm perhaps you should read this wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Crusade
WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK
Old 08-11-2006, 09:52 PM   #25
Cloudy
Game freak

Hehe I have this on a Gremlin cd from years ago, awesome game! If I recall correctly, Lotus: The Ultimate Challenge, Premier Manager 2, and Zool 2 were on the same CD. I had so many hours of fun with that CD .

Oh, if anyone's interested in the actual manual (all I saw was a one page txt file), I have it. I could scan it if you want it.
Cloudy is offline                         Send a private message to Cloudy
Old 09-11-2006, 10:58 AM   #26
JRCOBRA
Lurker

I like this game and I don't like this game. Think the idea is cool but this is one of those games where the computer cheats you. 9 out of 10 attack rolls I did came up 00 While the computer alot of the time hits 20 30. Other times where I did get any kinda score in the role it'd be like 01 or 03.

Like the game tips say the guy with the bolter is utterly useless. The fun comes from when you do actually manage to get a high roll and the marine is using a plasma gun and has several enemys lined up and kills all of them which the same thing can be done with a missle launcher.

I still recomend it if you have the stamina to put up with the dumb dice rolls. Even though a single game can take a really long time it sometimes can be fun. I also played it at 6000 to 7000 cycles to speed things up in Dosbox course then I hard trouble single clicking things.
JRCOBRA is offline                         Send a private message to JRCOBRA
Old 09-11-2006, 01:29 PM   #27
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

That's what you have Targeters for. You take one Targeter coupled with Bolter, you have them on all Bolters.

Imperial Fists should take heavy weapons on all their troops - Suspensors allow their HW troopers to move as fast as the Bolter troops do, while Combi-Weapon and Bionic Eye make your commander an unstoppable plasma-gunner (of course, whatever your strategy guide tells you, Imerial Fist commander should be packing a Heavy Bolter). Don't forget to take Targeters on the Plasma Gun and Missile Launcher, either.

Blood Angels in turn should concentrate on close combat.
Close Assault Blades allow you to attack the enemy diagonally. IIRC, most of them won't even really be able to retaliate. Couple with Bolt Pistols and Bionic Arm for the Commander. Maybe also a Melta Bomb or Force Field. With the first, your Commander will simply FRY any Dreadnought stupid enough to come close (useful in Search & Destroy mission).

Oh, and anyone knows about that supposed expansion for the game? Was it ever published for PC version?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 09-11-2006, 01:45 PM   #28
Falcoix

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Nov 9 2006, 03:29 PM) [snapback]266077[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Blood Angels in turn should concentrate on close combat.
Close Assault Blades allow you to attack the enemy diagonally. IIRC, most of them won't even really be able to retaliate.

Oh, and anyone knows about that supposed expansion for the game? Was it ever published for PC version?
[/b]
No idea on the expansion, but an hint for the use of the Close Assault blades (Blood Angels).
Attacking diagonally also will subtract one dice from the defender.
So it´s you having 3 light dice and an ork has only 1 instead of 2 dice. And a gretchin..... yes, 0 dice. Which is not much....

Falcoix is offline                         Send a private message to Falcoix
Old 09-11-2006, 02:52 PM   #29
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Yups. So I remembered it right, at least for once.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 09-11-2006, 08:21 PM   #30
togboy

The 3d view of this game feels very much like a precursor to "UFO: Enemy Unknown" and later "X-Com: Terror from the Deep"...
togboy is offline                         Send a private message to togboy