Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-05-2009, 05:16 PM   #11
red_avatar
Administrator

Is there an easy way to identify items by the way? I keep having to run back to that starting town (Shrouded Hill or whatever it's called) because I can't find any other way to have them identified. Does Tarrant have anyone who can do identification?

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 04-05-2009, 05:26 PM   #12
Tomekk
Master of Orion

Send a message via Yahoo to Tomekk
Angry

This is a really retarded element of the game. It's so hard to identify your stuff. Why can;t there be a simple scroll or something to do this for you???
And yes, Tarant has a gypsy on the eastern side of town, but it takes forever to get there. Or you could spend like 10 skillpoints gaining the "Identify" spell.

"that's what all jrpgs are about

0: intro
1: talk talk cry talk talk graphics talk talk,
2: boring jrpg generic turn based combat
3: walk map
4: goto 1 12390482309 times
5: outro"
- _r.u.s.s.
Tomekk is offline                         Send a private message to Tomekk
Old 04-05-2009, 05:41 PM   #13
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

There are gypsies in several locations, IIRC.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 04-05-2009, 06:38 PM   #14
red_avatar
Administrator

Hmm I might just get me the identify spell with a cheat then. It's not like the money is an issue - I can get as much money as I want - but it's pretty annoying. Especially if your party members equip unidentified items when you let them carry them. That sucks when they're possibly hexed!

Heck, this happened this morning: I drop this hexed sword and about an hour later, I wonder why he's hitting so slowly so I check and I see he's DROPPED the Sword of Balance somewhere, and he's using the hexed weapon! I was like "huh, I dropped it, so how come he's using it?" So I drop another weapon, and sure enough, HE PICKS IT UP HIMSELF! I'm sorry but what idiot would pick up a hex weapon and USE it and then drop a much better weapon on the ground?

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 27-06-2009, 04:14 PM   #15
LingonKungen
Forum hobbit

Hi guys first of all, I whas wondering if you use the patch from http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=23720

I tried to played the game with all the help the patch and other extras could give me... but as soon as i started i had quests that i didn´t understand... a full inventory and no real idea what to do... I got to the biggest city in hope of getting a grip of what i whas to do...

Is the game buggy or am i stupid i ask! exemple of the frustration whas that every quest in the city where you had some mission with the king, i think there whas some war or something happening... WHAT do i need to do? to my knewledge i have talked to everyone in all towns... so what have i missed?

could i get some pointers from you guys how to make it a fun experience?
LingonKungen is offline                         Send a private message to LingonKungen
Old 27-06-2009, 05:07 PM   #16
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
The patch requires a vanilla English version of the game, patched to 1.0.7.4 (the last official patch). Any modifications that weren't meant for the current version of the UAP will most likely cause problems. Thus, don't use any mods if you're not sure what you're doing.
Reinstall the game. Patch to 1.0.7.4 . Install UAP. Don't install any other mods.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 30-06-2009, 05:24 AM   #17
red_avatar
Administrator

I stopped playing since then. It's a game with a good foundation which is ruined by bad design flaws. The story was interesting, the world was great, the locations were well made, the quests were interesting, but real time combat was impossible to use most of the time, the game was running too fast for that, and turn based, there was no balance in combat and it just made combat a chore.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:03 AM   #18
Solomon Kane

Quote:
Originally Posted by LingonKungen View Post
Hi guys first of all, I whas wondering if you use the patch from http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=23720

I tried to played the game with all the help the patch and other extras could give me... but as soon as i started i had quests that i didn´t understand... a full inventory and no real idea what to do... I got to the biggest city in hope of getting a grip of what i whas to do...

Is the game buggy or am i stupid i ask! exemple of the frustration whas that every quest in the city where you had some mission with the king, i think there whas some war or something happening... WHAT do i need to do? to my knewledge i have talked to everyone in all towns... so what have i missed?

could i get some pointers from you guys how to make it a fun experience?

Maybe I can solve your inventory problem: Store your stuff in the chest of your room ,in the inn next to the train station in Tarant.

The king's quest: if you're talking about the king in Dernholm (not sure), you have to go to Blackroot, complete the mayor's quest, the persuade him to give you the tribute. I guess you need some persuasion skill to do so. Or you could pickpocket the chest from him. Both are fine.
Solomon Kane is offline                         Send a private message to Solomon Kane
Old 02-07-2009, 05:05 PM   #19
El Quia
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_avatar View Post
I stopped playing since then. It's a game with a good foundation which is ruined by bad design flaws. The story was interesting, the world was great, the locations were well made, the quests were interesting, but real time combat was impossible to use most of the time, the game was running too fast for that, and turn based, there was no balance in combat and it just made combat a chore.
Yes, I find combat horrible, too. But not as horrible so as to prevent me for playing it. What is worse, in my opinion, is the (for the moment, I am still playing it) somewhat shallow NPCs and that you can't manage combat with them. I mean, what's up with charging against any enemy you found? I want to sneak, too, dammit!

Also, having only one skill point per level up turn every level up in a terrible session of pain an reflexion while trying to decide where to waste that point
El Quia is offline                         Send a private message to El Quia
Old 14-07-2009, 01:43 PM   #20
BranjoHello
Skilled WormMaster

I finished the game yesterday with Evil Ending and it(ending) SUUUUCKSSSSS!!!
Then I loaded the game and finished it with Good Ending(as good as it can be when your alignment is -100 ) and it was a LOT BETTER!!!

BranjoHello is offline                         Send a private message to BranjoHello