Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-03-2020, 06:03 AM   #1
Starboi123

Default PS2/PS1 Game

Hey there, I've only made an account just to ask about this one game, as all other places have been of no help.

I'm pretty sure this was a PS2 game released somewhere in 2000s. It's an action/adventure fighter game. 3D model characters with 2D background. You can initially choose between two characters, both boys.
One boy uses a stick, with a feather like thing at the end of it. This guy wears a green sort of outfit (long sleeve shirt and shorts) and has black spiky hair. His special move involves hurling a huge rock at monsters. I don't remember his fighting sounds/dialouge.
The second boy uses bare hands and legs to fight. This boy has a light violet purple hair, long sleeved shirt of hair colour, and shorts. I remember his fighting sounds extremely well, please don't laugh at me. It goes like this: "HAH hih HAH KONNO", "Hih Hih Hih KONNO". With each hit he makes that sound, and it repeats for his normal attack. When he does his special (running through monster and taking a piece of their heart/soul and crushing it), he says something like this: "BALIGI".
You first start out in a forest, third person view. The second area is a huge castle, I don't remember the rest, but every area is extremely vast (there's mini loading screens to load the next bit of area of the same map). You always fight monsters, and there's a boss at the end. The language is Asian (not sure if Japanese or Chinese, 75% the former). I vaguely remember other characters, there's one that uses a suitcase to fight, and he wears a suit.
Please help me. I have the sudden urge to relive this childhood experience.

Regards,
Mark :c

Last edited by Starboi123; 21-03-2020 at 06:18 AM.
Starboi123 is offline                         Send a private message to Starboi123
Old 23-03-2020, 07:26 PM   #2
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Is it flat levels with bird's eye view, or platforming with side view? Also, are levels one-way, or you can return back or go sideways?
Old 24-03-2020, 04:16 AM   #3
Starboi123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
Is it flat levels with bird's eye view, or platforming with side view? Also, are levels one-way, or you can return back or go sideways?
Flat level with bird's eye view (not zoomed out too far though). You can see the characters shape well in 3D. And Yes, you can go back towards the start, and I'm pretty sure at some point while going back, monsters respawn.
Starboi123 is offline                         Send a private message to Starboi123
Old 24-03-2020, 10:32 AM   #4
Scatty
Treasure hunter

That'd be a pretty difficult guess, there's been literally tons of japanese anime-like RPGs made for PS2. Difficult because they're usually so very much alike in their style.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 25-03-2020, 04:16 AM   #5
Starboi123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
That'd be a pretty difficult guess, there's been literally tons of japanese anime-like RPGs made for PS2. Difficult because they're usually so very much alike in their style.
True... guess I have to resort to finding images of it and hopefully succeeding. That's what I did to find a racing game called FireBugs
Old 25-03-2020, 11:01 PM   #6
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Well, Scatty, as I taken it, it's rather action than RPG. Still, "asian language" most probably means that I haven't any idea what can it be.
Old 29-03-2020, 01:13 PM   #7
DrWho42
Game freak

yes, this is tricky to recall

🌲link🌲tree🌲
DrWho42 is offline                         Send a private message to DrWho42
Old 01-04-2020, 04:23 AM   #8
Starboi123

Y'all are not gonna believe me but I FOUND IT!
So I see this tweet on my feed when I woke up: https://twitter.com/hisokacx/status/1244494274101723137
And a follow up reply describing my characters the way I saw them as: https://twitter.com/Kinglrg_/status/1244788285588869120
I did a reverse image search on the screenshot I took of the second tweet and found it

I've never watched this anime. So the game I've played was "Hunter X Hunter: Altar of Dragon".
Thank you all for even trying to help. I really appreciate it!