Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-03-2020, 01:59 AM   #1
NintiesGamer90

Default 90s? Medieval Battleship SLG game

Hi, I am finding a PC windows game, should be in the 90s.

It is about Medieval Battleship game that plays in SLG style (Final fantasy Tactics, Fire Emblems, etc).

You can build your ships in your fort ranging from small to big ones(galley, brig, frigate, galleon etc)

The battle is either bombardment with canons from afar
or
your can board the enemy ships to battle, if success, you will take over the enemy ship
and
you can attack enemy fort as well.

oh ya, when a ship is damaged, we can see the sail is tattered.

Sometimes, if the wind is big, it might blow the ships away, hence, changing their position.

-One of the game currency is "Fish"? this i am not that sure.
NintiesGamer90 is offline                         Send a private message to NintiesGamer90
Old 05-03-2020, 08:27 PM   #2
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Hmm, sounds quite familiar. At least I know one similar Russian game... unfortunately, I totally forgot the name. :/ I'll try to found it.

Aw. It's "Battle Ships", but it seems, it's nowhere to be found. Except Russian version that I cannot start anyway.

It looked like it. Check it, maybe it's totally not that.

Old 10-03-2020, 12:14 AM   #3
NintiesGamer90

wow, the interface is not like how i remembered, seems not like it, then again, seems like it...

but well, it indeed been ages since i played that, i couldn't possible remembered it clearly....

to make the matter worse, the name is such a "common term", will had a hard time finding it.

I think it is probably it. Thank you very much mate. Appreciated it.
NintiesGamer90 is offline                         Send a private message to NintiesGamer90
Old 12-03-2020, 10:36 AM   #4
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Just to throw it out here, your description also reminds me of another game, which might be it - Pirates! Gold (1993)
It also has battle with ships, boarding enemy ship and duel aboard, and sieging the forts either with ships & cannons, or foot troops. Especially the part with strong wind affecting ships is a detail which immediately reminded me of it.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 15-03-2020, 07:21 AM   #5
DrWho42
Game freak

this sounds fun! i'll check it out

🌲link🌲tree🌲
DrWho42 is offline                         Send a private message to DrWho42
Old 18-03-2020, 11:31 AM   #6
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by NintiesGamer90 View Post
wow, the interface is not like how i remembered, seems not like it, then again, seems like it...

but well, it indeed been ages since i played that, i couldn't possible remembered it clearly....

to make the matter worse, the name is such a "common term", will had a hard time finding it.

I think it is probably it. Thank you very much mate. Appreciated it.
Well, if you are inclined to try, I can upload Russian version. Again: I wasn't able to start it.

P.S. Main setup is too big, I had to split it on 2 parts. I hope, you have anything to merge them together (I used Total Commander, but maybe Winrar can do that too).
Attached Files
File Type: zip Battle_Ships_setup1_4_001.zip (1.39 MB, 0 views)
File Type: zip Battle_Ships_setup1_4_002.zip (886.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: zip Battle_Ships_Beta_Upgrade_1_4_7.zip (1.21 MB, 0 views)
File Type: zip Battle_Ships_setup_addon.zip (1.46 MB, 0 views)
Old 19-03-2020, 10:40 AM   #7
Scatty
Treasure hunter

With Winrar you can create a split archive in many parts, which can be used together as one whole archive, to extract something.
Old 23-03-2020, 06:57 PM   #8
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Yes, Scatty, I know how to make multi-volume archive with winrar. But question is different: is it possible to merge "simply splitted" archive, not multi-volume.
Old 24-03-2020, 10:23 AM   #9
Scatty
Treasure hunter

If it's simply a file split into 2 parts, there's a simple way which used to work for me back in Ms-Dos days (might work in DosBox as well):

copy filename1+filename2 name_of_merged_file

That is 2 separate parameters after copy, plus between split files is important.

You just need to know which is the first part, and which the second, so it gets merged correctly. Assuming after being split, nothing was added to the files at the end or beginning.
It's easier to just make a multi-volume RAR archive though, and upload it here instead. WinRar is free to use from what I remember.

Last edited by Scatty; 24-03-2020 at 10:29 AM.