Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-06-2019, 06:12 AM   #1
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Changed the time on the computer, browser histroy stopped to function

Because of a game I changed date a couple of times (WIN7), now browser Mozilla punishes me.

Any idea?
Old 05-06-2019, 11:54 PM   #2
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post

Because of a game I changed date a couple of times (WIN7), now browser Mozilla punishes me.

Any idea?
I think your situation somewhat curious and peculiar because I, too, for various reasons, I change the dates and I have never had problems with browsers be it in Windows 7 or Windows 10.

Although when I change the dates, I always use Opera because of some very useful features...

I know that a few weeks ago (beginning of May), Firefox had serious problems like disabling all extensions (Add-ons) due to a bug (a very primary failure from Mozilla)...

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox?
Old 06-06-2019, 06:12 AM   #3
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post
I think your situation somewhat curious and peculiar because I, too, for various reasons, I change the dates and I have never had problems with browsers be it in Windows 7 or Windows 10.

Although when I change the dates, I always use Opera because of some very useful features...

I know that a few weeks ago (beginning of May), Firefox had serious problems like disabling all extensions (Add-ons) due to a bug (a very primary failure from Mozilla)...

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox?
ű

No. Re-entering all passwords to all pages sounds tedious.
Old 06-06-2019, 02:10 PM   #4
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

I am assuming you’ve changed it to a future date.

I realized that many Browsers have something I would define as a “Unified Browser History”.

And what does that mean? This means that if you have visited a site in the past and now in the present and perhaps in the future (by changing the date), the search for that site in Browser History will only include the most recent, latest visit (in the future date).

However, in the case of Chrome and Opera, the Browser History is more separate. In other words, each day has its own History. So, if you do a search of this site in Browser History, your visits will be shown in each past, present and future date.

So in the case of Firefox (SeaMonkey, Microsoft Edge, etc.), if you manually delete all your visits on sites in the future date (changed) in Browser History, your Browser History will probably be normalized.
Old 06-06-2019, 11:20 PM   #5
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

So I assume everything will be back to normal when I pass the future-date. We'll see.

PS: can't see any "future date visit" in Mozilla, it only shows as latest "today", what is past compared to the future-date.

PPS: developers should a) not come up with such nonsense as game-time being adjusted to real-time b) prevent such idiocity-related problems.

-----------

UPDATE: yes, passing the latest future-date solved the issue.

Last edited by twillight; 07-06-2019 at 01:12 PM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 07-06-2019, 08:02 PM   #6
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post

So I assume everything will be back to normal when I pass the future-date. We'll see.

PS: can't see any "future date visit" in Mozilla, it only shows as latest "today", what is past compared to the future-date.

PPS: developers should a) not come up with such nonsense as game-time being adjusted to real-time b) prevent such idiocity-related problems.

-----------

UPDATE: yes, passing the latest future-date solved the issue.
I am glad that everything is OK now!