Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner > Programming
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-04-2007, 10:52 AM   #1
Puggy123
Forum hobbit

So Guys, Anyone here know of FPS Creator (www.fpscreator.com) who would like to help me create a game called "Terror Strike" (Currently Working Title)?

Now, the game still is in the Design Stage since I can't figure out an entire game on my own.

So if anyone would like to lend a hand in the areas of Map Design, Story Design, Character Design or you have a better name for the game just PM me.

(Actually Char design isn't needed but it would be nice for some custom characters)

And after the game is finished I will provide it to everyone free of cost! :brain: :w00t:

Edit: I've already have the plans for the first level:

You start at the underground section of the building, since aerial insertion is dangerous because of the MANPADS and SAMS and entry from the surface is dangerous because of the Miniguns and Machine Guns but entry from the underground is safe because it is lightly guarded.

P.S. You don't need the game to help me.
Puggy123 is offline                         Send a private message to Puggy123
Old 19-04-2007, 01:21 PM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Let's start with the basics...
What's the plot?
Who is the player supposed to be?
What is the goal of the game?
Where does the game take place?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 20-04-2007, 04:12 AM   #3
Puggy123
Forum hobbit

1- Well, thats why I went here in the first place.

2- A member of a Counter-Terrorist group.

3- To save the world by stopping the terrorists in the building.

4- In a building in a major city (Ex. New York etc....)
Old 20-04-2007, 09:45 AM   #4
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Okay.

Is that CT group the player fights in one that exists in real world or a fictional one?
Who are the terrorists? What is the threat they pose?
If you have no idea what to use for the latter, how about changing the location to a nuclear power plant? These things can be pretty dangerous in the wrong hands, so the player would be trying to prevent the place from becoming a second Chernobyl.

You do, of course, realize that sending a single man into a bunker (or whatever) full of bad guys isn't logical. Either the player will be aided by some AI-controlled bots or you'll have to come up with an explanation of what happened to the rest of the team.

Also, does the engine allow the player to backtrack to previously visited levels? If it does, it would be possible to have the player backtracking to previously visited locations but with new objectives present (ie finding and defusing several explosive charges in the building within a set time limit)

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 20-04-2007, 11:05 AM   #5
Abi79
Home Sweet Abandonia

Send a message via Yahoo to Abi79

Oh, and one thing: do not double-post (post two times without anyone posting in between), since an Edit button is also present. I'm merging the first two posts now.
Abi79 is offline                         Send a private message to Abi79
Old 20-04-2007, 12:08 PM   #6
Puggy123
Forum hobbit

1 Fictional, I don't want to be sued by GSG-9, GIGN, Navy SEALS, and SWAT.

2 A fictional one, the threat they pose is they plan to blow up some nuclear warheads if their demands are not met.

3 Yeah, a nuclear plant is great, but how about a Nuclear Weapons Disposal Facility might be a good one too.

4 Hmmm.... I'll search the net for Allied Chars

5 I don't think so, but theoretically I could just open a previous level and save it with a another filename and add it to the level list.

A name of the CT Organization:

International Counter-Terrorist Organization

If you have something better just post it.

I haven't found any allied chars yet, so maybe the mission might be a covert one, like Metal Gear Solid?
Old 06-07-2007, 06:58 PM   #7
droma
Forum hobbit

Well, if youre not adverse to having it in another country you could have this take place in some old soviet satellite state, like Poland. Then you could use the Polish GROM , im sure they wouldnt sue you. And if they did, hey, more publicity for the game. You could still have the nuclear threat be somewhere else with an american team attempting to hande it and your GROM team infiltrating said nuclear weapons disposal area to attempt to nip the plot in the bud. As far as being the only man on the team the game could start out with your small team being inserted into the area, and then ambushed, you are knocked unconscious in the attack (good old fade to black here as your team is being cut down in a scripted event.) and you wake up with your team dead, but your team captain is missing. You think hes being held hostage or whatever, or you just think hes missing somewhere, and later he could end up not being dead but a bad guy! Yeah, plot twist! Anyway just some suggestions, I know they kinda run counter to what you said. With the game taking place in an old soviet satellite state you also get the that cool cold war, soviet feel.
Some names for the title:
Black Dawn
Shadow Ops
Ghostwalker
name of whatever ct unit you end up using, (if its fictional)
Omega Code
whatever, im just spouting off crap at this point. Ill think about it and come back later
droma is offline                         Send a private message to droma
Old 07-07-2007, 02:12 AM   #8
Burger Meister
Om Teh Nom Noms

I really did not like the FPS Creator engine. It was glitchy as hell. I tried to patch it to the newest version, then all that did was cause crashes as soon as the editor started up. So I re-install and keep at version 1.0 and it's basically unplayable. Too bad, it has a lot of potential, unless they have already addressed those issues!
Burger Meister is offline                         Send a private message to Burger Meister