Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-10-2016, 08:50 PM   #11
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Win 3.11 is not a problem. We don't host only the games that work out of the box. For old win games, user is required to run win 3.11 somehow, we can only provide instructions like you used yourself, so I guess it is OK.

You got English version? Nice Test it, and you can also upload it so Spectre can check it too. We will also offer German version as extra.

I see that user Jokerderio offered review already in that other thread. WE definitely need more screenshots. Do you agree with his review more or less?
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 17-10-2016, 02:06 AM   #12
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by spamalot View Post
the program i used (CDburnerXP) proposed mdf/mds files which can contain more than 1 track. so i did that and made a 1:1 copy (=> 661MB). when mounting those files (with winCDemu 4.1 since virtual clonedrive can't mount mdf/mds) i don't see the audio-tracks with windows media player (win10 x64) so i guess the audio tracks are not ripped correctly.
Actually, MDF/MDS is most advanced copy method, so they _must_ be copied. My (German) image is made by Nero Burning Rom though, in NRG format, that can contain extra audio tracks too. Question! Can you see audio with the WMP when _original_ disk inserted?

Also, for the most straightforward procedure, I recommend Daemon Tools Lite. It can make MDF/MDS files, and can mount images seamlessly.
Quote:
the already known "insert cd" msg pops up every few seconds until i deactivated "music" in the upper windows-options. the SFX is played fine but the game is without music.
Strange. So audio part seems missing really, at least for the game... Again - maybe it's the fault of winCDemu 4.1? Try DT Lite, please?

Quote:
edit: got a package now with 104MB. it contains win3.11 and WV2. found the english text in the folders and it seems the whole game is in english! yay!
"My" image (already on site) have .eng files, but game doesn't recognize it, so I propose to rename .eng to .ger. Is your game the same?
Old 17-10-2016, 02:57 PM   #13
zirkoni
Game Wizzzzzzard

IIRC, WinCDEmu does not support mixed mode CDs. So, if you use it to mount a mixed mode CD image you will only see the data track. Not 100% sure though.
Old 18-10-2016, 09:15 PM   #14
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

OK guys, I'm counting on you here: I want to upload this game with all this attention it gets now, so please prepare these archives. We can have both German and English versions online as far as I'm concerned. If renaming the files is the way to run it in English, then feel free to do it and we will offer both archives separately although it is a small difference. Running it from Win 3.11 is enough bother for visitors IMO.

You can also prepare smaller and bigger versions if it makes sense, so if full with audio tracks is 600MB, we'll add it in ISO Cellar and link from review page, while offering data package on review page. I am fine with either solution.

We have review, we need few more screenshots, you can change review if you want, it's all OK. As for credits, we can split among who provided which archive and review and so on. I'm not sure what we have on FTP already, any manual and box or any other scan is welcome too.

Spectre, just let me know what is what when you have everything ready to go. Oh, and one square pic for news please
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 19-10-2016, 10:35 PM   #15
spamalot

phew, tinkered the whole evening but i got a lot done...
- Whale's Voyage II - EN.zip (53MB)
- Whale's Voyage II - EN - FULLMEDIA.zip (270MB)
- Whale's Voyage II - DE.zip (53MB)
- Whale's Voyage II - DE - FULLMEDIA.zip (270MB)

Those packets include:
- LIESMICH.odt / README.odt
(i wrote a little instruction in german / english)
- WHALE'S VOYAGE II MANUAL.odt / WHALE'S VOYAGE II MANUAL EN.odt
(the original german manual and a translation (google translator))
- Whale's Voyage II.bat
(file to start with d-fend)

-> it will start windows 3.11 and WV2 is in autostart.
-> it's not fullscreen inside windows
-> no ingame music
-> you have to quit the game and then windows 3.11

The "FULLMEDIA" packets additionally include a Folder "MEDIA" with:
- Whales Voyage 2 OST (15 MP3s @ 320kbps)
- Improved Intro.mp4 (113MB)
- Original Intro.AVI (18MB)

Also got additional 37 screenshots:
- WV2 screenshots.zip (7MB)

-> Would upload, please tell me where
-> Would read the review, please tell me where it is
-> any ideas how to improve (start game in fullscreen inside win3.11 or quit win3.11 when game quits) (music won't work since it wants the audio cd tracks... or can that be faked somehow with the mp3-files?)
spamalot is offline                         Send a private message to spamalot
Old 21-10-2016, 11:31 AM   #16
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
- Whale's Voyage II.bat (file to start with d-fend)
-> it will start windows 3.11 and WV2 is in autostart.
Wait... does this means you included win 3.11 in the zip? If yes, then that's not good, even though it would be simpler for visitors.

Quote:
-> Would read the review, please tell me where it is
It is in the other thread about this game.... here.

Quote:
-> any ideas how to improve (start game in fullscreen inside win3.11 or quit win3.11 when game quits) (music won't work since it wants the audio cd tracks... or can that be faked somehow with the mp3-files?)
Hopefully our guru master Spectre may be of some assistance
Old 21-10-2016, 03:07 PM   #17
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

You are slightly over-estimating me, marko river. I have no idea how to exit Win 3.1 with command prompt... if it's possible at all. I usually use "File-Exit Windows" menu.

Speaking about fullscreen - isn't it starts as is by default? I.e., you need to set _DOSBox_ to the fullscreen, but otherwise you must be fine, no? (I don't remember, and have time right now to test).

Also, I have no idea where is my version _now_, but I uploaded full german version (with soundtracks) when I had it, in the .nrg format, so it must be there, somewhere in the Abandonia admin files.
Quote:
phew, tinkered the whole evening but i got a lot done...
If you _really_ insist, it can be faked. One of CD-format includes CUE/BIN pair, where BIN is binary file in recognizable format (ISO will work), and CUE is the list of all tracks - binary or sound - and tracks can be in the any format, including MP3. But I hate this sort of setup, and always prefer single BIN/NRG/MDF over it. So I again insist for you to try Daemon Tools Lite for burning and mounting, and check if anything changed about music.
Old 21-10-2016, 05:51 PM   #18
spamalot

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko river View Post
Wait... does this means you included win 3.11 in the zip? If yes, then that's not good, even though it would be simpler for visitors.

It is in the other thread about this game.... here.

Hopefully our guru master Spectre may be of some assistance
uh, yes i included all stuff in one package, ready to extract, import to d-fend and run...

is that not good? how do you want the files then? a plain copy of the cd as image? can do that in no time. but everyone has to tinker around to switch to english and get it to run in windows without errors...

i don't really know how things work here. just a user/fan/some years contributor of abandonia. so please tell me exactly what you need and what i have to do.

Last edited by spamalot; 25-10-2016 at 06:59 PM.
spamalot is offline                         Send a private message to spamalot
Old 21-10-2016, 05:56 PM   #19
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

It's so lovely that with a little bit of voodoo and tech knowhow, old games can be brought back to life

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 22-10-2016, 07:03 PM   #20
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Umm... Did you hear anything I said, spamalot?

ISO is no good. It haven't audio-tracks, obviously, at all. Almost any OTHER format will do. And I, personally, recommend MDS/MDF.