Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-04-2005, 10:24 PM   #11
Guest_Janet

Quote:
Originally posted by Starfyre+Apr 20 2005, 09:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Starfyre @ Apr 20 2005, 09:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MasterGrazzt@Apr 19 2005, 09:38 PM
One question... How the hell do you save? I press "S" nonstop in the commands menu, accessed through "escape", and it doesn't do a single thing. I tried the same thing in a Sanctuary as well.
You save by pressing ESC and S in the menu (there is no confirmation). Upon restarting the game, the "play" option in the main menu will resume where you left off

Amazing game indeed! Wish combat weren't so slow.

@Janet:

No sound I'm afraid. [/b][/quote]
any idea how to find out how strong a weapon is?

Old 21-04-2005, 06:02 AM   #12
Itzchy

Tried pressing 'S' like crazy but it still starts back with the default party! Gah! all that progress lost!!!!

Old 21-04-2005, 09:36 AM   #13
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

I thought the only place you could save was in a sanctuary. :blink:
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 21-04-2005, 11:54 AM   #14
Ratsalad

Great review

Informative AND funny

nice going Evil Dude k:
Ratsalad is offline                         Send a private message to Ratsalad
Old 21-04-2005, 05:51 PM   #15

I tried this game a couple years ago, and I wasn´t dissapointed. Puzzles and storyline are great, you really should try it.

Old 21-04-2005, 06:03 PM   #16
THEEVILOFMEN

Quote:
Originally posted by Ratsalad@Apr 21 2005, 11:54 AM
Great review

Informative AND funny

nice going Evil Dude k:
Funny? FUNNY?! :ranting:

Hey, no prob! Juts glad you like it. Now I need to think what one to review next.
Old 25-04-2005, 07:45 PM   #17
Spook75

I can't get it to save anywhere, and when i am in the sanctuary I don't have a save option there. What gives?

Old 03-05-2005, 03:15 AM   #18
Boppa

:help: Does anyone out there know where I can get the SOUL AMULET cards that come with the game??? I downloaded this PC game from the Home of the Underdogs and thus do not have these cards. I know what two of them look like, but not the other 2. Without these you can not activate the sanctuaries and enjoy whatever benefits this brings you??!!?? I have located three floors above ground and six below so far. Any idea how many there are? I have read material that mentions MAP(S) but have not seen any so far. I have mapped everything I have explored so far on graph paper and have SEARCHED everywhere I felt there might be a hidden (secret) door. This seems to be a pretty good game but advancement is so damn slow. We are now at level 7 and I believe 15 is the max.! Have had no problem with SAVING; and believe use of ESCAPE, followed by selection of 'S' in the drop-down menu with result in a SAVE. So, if you then utilize the 'Q' (quit) option in the same drop-down you should be back at that spot when you resume the same. It sure seems to work for me????!!! aBoppa@Juno.com

Old 05-05-2005, 02:46 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally posted by Boppa@May 3 2005, 03:15 AM
:help: Does anyone out there know where I can get the SOUL AMULET cards that come with the game??? I downloaded this PC game from the Home of the Underdogs and thus do not have these cards. I know what two of them look like, but not the other 2. Without these you can not activate the sanctuaries and enjoy whatever benefits this brings you??!!?? I have located three floors above ground and six below so far. Any idea how many there are? I have read material that mentions MAP(S) but have not seen any so far. I have mapped everything I have explored so far on graph paper and have SEARCHED everywhere I felt there might be a hidden (secret) door. This seems to be a pretty good game but advancement is so damn slow. We are now at level 7 and I believe 15 is the max.! Have had no problem with SAVING; and believe use of ESCAPE, followed by selection of 'S' in the drop-down menu with result in a SAVE. So, if you then utilize the 'Q' (quit) option in the same drop-down you should be back at that spot when you resume the same. It sure seems to work for me????!!! aBoppa@Juno.com
For anyone out there who may be looking for a decent walkthrough, that is much better written than the one I had located previously, try this: "HTTP://NIGHTMARE.ORG/TEXTFILES/ADVENTURE/DARKHART.SOL". Do not be concerned about the .SOL file designation as it is a text file and can be read and printed (14 pages) with no problem.

Old 24-07-2005, 07:07 AM   #20
Marr

A fantastically designed game, with one tiny flaw: You merrily wander through the usual training area, learning the basics, saving and reloading, all is good. Then you find the stairs to the next level, which begins at a dangerous looking door. You listen, there is no sound. You save, and step through into the first real fight, and if you're unlucky, someone dies. No matter, kill the game and reload, and.. You're on the wrong side of the door, in combat again, any death or injury sustained is still with you, and the beastie is back at full strength.

Best restore from the backup you made in the sanctuary, eh? What's that? Oh yeah, you should have been doing that. It's hidden in the ESC menu. Best remember for next time around. Yeah, you'll need to start over from the beginning, everyone's still level one, and dead is dead. Hey ho.

Annnnd Deleted. Life's too short for RPGs with broken save files, however much promise they hold.