Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 03:31 PM   #31
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

yes.... your point is?
Old 10-11-2004, 04:00 PM   #32
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I think his point is quite clear. Why waste hundred of $ buying Windows XP if you can get it for 5$ at the corner of the street?
Old 10-11-2004, 04:02 PM   #33
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

The point is:

SOME PEOPLE JUST DON'T CARE FOR THE LAW OR FOR THE INTELECTUAL PROPERTY OF OTHERS (don't even care if someone is doing something they like - and makes a living of it - actually stealing from that person)!!!
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 10-11-2004, 04:13 PM   #34
Yamcha
Home Sweet Abandonia

The other point is that sometimes you'll have to give 300$ for something other then Win XP.In Bulgaria the salary is about 200-300 $ a new game for PS2 is about 60$ a new game for PC is 50$ now you see why the pirate market is more developed into the poor countires.In Belgium where you have 3000euro salary you have no problem of giving 60 for a new game
Old 10-11-2004, 04:21 PM   #35
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Look, I know what you mean!
It's not like I have only legal stuff.
If it comes down to this, I ALSO HAVE ILLEGAL THINGS.
I do understand, I do use it, I do brake the law.
But I'm not looking for excuses!
I do it, that's that.
Marcedes Benz is also very expencive (not only in Bulgaria, or Serbia, or Slovenia, or Germany - for that matter) and you can buy stolen cars at low prices from some guy at the corner too.
Both is wrong, both is illegal, but with cars, people are a bit more realistic, because you know it's been stolen and someone is looking for it. With music, movies and software - it's not stolen - it's only copied illegaly!!!
But it is very much the same!!!
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 10-11-2004, 04:46 PM   #36
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Good point Sebatianos!

I understand that software prices are too high, especially in some poor countries like my origin country, Bosnia.

But it is ironic that people in these ‘poor’ country have access to software (OS, business software and games) that here cost fortune and I don’t think is very cheap.

For example, macromedia suite (dreamweaver, homesite, fireworks, flash…) cost here over $1,000.00 while in Bosnia friend of mine got a copy for about $2.50 dollars.

I mostly pay, or somebody else pays for my stuff (company) that I use to develop, but if I had to pay it my self, I would not work or have programs which somebody can get for 10 bucks on the black market.
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 28-11-2004, 02:19 PM   #37
TheVoid
Home Sweet Abandonia

Seen this has gone far off-topic, though starting an interesting one, I think it doesn't belong to "Your Music" anymore. Therefore, if you have something else to say about this, start a new one in the Blah Blah forum.

The Topic is closed, go in peace.

*amen* :angel:
TheVoid is offline                         Send a private message to TheVoid
Closed Thread