Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-01-2005, 05:18 AM   #41
HellishFiend

Whoops, just re-read what I posted, and found an error in number 8
8) Right click your Daemon Tools icon in the toolbar, and make sure the Analog Audio option is checked under Options.

Sorry about that....

Old 20-01-2005, 02:37 PM   #42
FRUSTRATED

Hey Fiend, thanks for the step-by-step, I'm having a problem and I was wondering if you knew what might be up.

So, I followed your steps and burnt the image to my hard drive, and when I look at it with windows explorer it shows the image as having a size of 601 MB, so far so good. So, I go to mount it with Daemon and the audio file is NOT SHOWING UP. It's only showing a size of 4.36 MB, as if the audio wasn't even there or something! I'm using Daemon version 3.46....... anyone out there know what might be happening. And YES I did have analog audio toggled on!!

Old 20-01-2005, 07:39 PM   #43
HellishFiend

The track02, when burned, is treated as a cd audio track, therefor it does not show up in explorer (this is normal). Follow the rest of the instructions and it should work the way its supposed to. Pay close attention to this line:
10) Launch ScummVM using the command line "scummvm --cdrom=?" where ? is the number of the drive you mounted the image to (may have to use trial and error to find it, unless you know)

The ID numbers start from 0 and go up. So for me, I have my real DVD/CD burner, and then my first virtual drive was the one I had loom mounted to, so my ID number was 1. (meaning I launch ScummVM with "scummvm --cdrom=1". It may be different for you, so you might have to experiment a bit.

Old 02-02-2005, 04:43 PM   #44
Mo

Hi,

I am a new to this board.

The speech addon sounds great, but I can't even get the regular music/sound working!

I am playing the Loom CD version and I am using ScummVD version 0.7. I've tried messing around with the audio setting in Scumm but I can't get any sound going.

If anybody had this issue, please help!

Old 04-02-2005, 12:01 PM   #45
Alpa

Quote:
There are 3 versions of Loom, the PC floppy version has EGA graphics, adlib music and no speech....
i played this version, looooooong time ago. I think that the best of the game is its music, based on Tchaekovsky (surely bad spelled :P) and that the magics change on every game you play
Old 06-02-2005, 05:15 PM   #46
_heretic

I tried Fiend's instructions, and I definitely can't get it to work. It may be that I am using an old version of Nero, or it may be that I am trying to burn the pirated Loom files from Abandonia, but I just can't get them to work. The game still plays through ScummVM, but the CD audio is not present.

The first problem I had was Nero would not allow me to put a large enough pause at the beginning of the audio track. It limited the pause to 1000 frames for some reason. I tried just putting silence at the beginning, and then just burning the iso with 1000 frames of pause, but neither of these worked.

Could someone help me out here? I would really like to play this game with the audio. As you probably know, this game is not available on the LucasArts site, or anywhere else that I could find, so I am pretty sure this is 100% abandonware. If someone could send me the files from the floppy version, or otherwise let me know where I'm going wrong, I would really appreciate it.
_heretic is offline                         Send a private message to _heretic
Old 21-02-2005, 06:56 PM   #47
Chris
Abandonia Homie

The first release came with an audio tape which told the prehistory of Loom. Does anyone have it as .mp3? It would also be a great additon to the extra package.

Chris is offline                         Send a private message to Chris
Old 22-02-2005, 11:35 AM   #48
Tuttle
Super Freak

Send a message via AIM to Tuttle

I think I've got that. It runs for 29 minutes, does that sound right?
Tuttle is offline                         Send a private message to Tuttle
Old 22-02-2005, 12:22 PM   #49
Chris
Abandonia Homie

YESSSS! That's it! Do you have the tape, or a .mp3 version? I actually never found out how to convert audio tapes properly. Can you submit it to me somehow?

Chris is offline                         Send a private message to Chris
Old 22-02-2005, 03:45 PM   #50
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

I'd like that one too. BTW - I can convert tapes to .mp3 with no problem (got my stereo hooked to the computer, so all I need to do is record it. Quality stays the same as on tape).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos