Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-06-2007, 01:56 PM   #21
Avenger

You need to execute the 'adlib.bat' or 'runme.bat' located in your indy-directory. DOSBox should auto-initialize your soundcard settings.

BTW my above mentioned top-speed-configs dont overrev the engine, but are hard to drive with a full tank.

Does anyone know how to configure the cambers? I tried but havent figured it out, thus I still use standard settings there.

Old 11-07-2007, 11:40 PM   #22

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Avenger @ Jun 12 2007, 02:56 PM) [snapback]294076[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
You need to execute the 'adlib.bat' or 'runme.bat' located in your indy-directory. DOSBox should auto-initialize your soundcard settings.

BTW my above mentioned top-speed-configs dont overrev the engine, but are hard to drive with a full tank.

Does anyone know how to configure the cambers? I tried but havent figured it out, thus I still use standard settings there.
[/b]
Thank you, I had finally found out how to play with sound fx on and I'm having a great time!

Cambers: I'm running with right side cambers tilting to the left (inside of the car), and left side cambers tilting to the inside, this is to achieve maximum grip and capability to steer. Basic rule is: Inner, Middle, Outer temps must be EQUAL in order to maximize grip. So it's all a matter of cambers and pressures to achieve maximum grip

Old 12-07-2007, 10:57 AM   #23

Cambers should tilt towards the inside of the turns.

A question for long distance runners.. Which boost setting works better?
I have found an interesting set up for the March Cosworth which runs at 230-231 mph in qualify and 225-227 in races with the boost at 7, it should enable me to stay out for 34-35 laps before refueling. Too bad I'm losing so much time in comparison to other front runners, and I'm afraid that increasing turbo settings would erase the extra mileage advantage, while allowing me to hold a reasonable advantage over direct competitors... Are turbo settings at 8 or 9 a path to success? Or should I stick to 7 and hope not to get too far behind and charge in the final laps?

Old 31-07-2007, 02:05 PM   #24
VintageGameFan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Thomas @ Dec 20 2006, 09:10 AM) [snapback]272186[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
hey guys

just played this game for the first time after many years.
I used to keep a record of my fastest laps. I remember i often became 3th or 4th with the penske chevrolet but the exact racing record i forgot.
How fast do you people race one lap?

cheers!
Thomas
[/b]
Qualifying was the most fun. I had my best time in the car that had the worst sound, Two hundred thirty something.

Old 10-08-2007, 08:28 AM   #25
spa2tacu5

This game was super super hard. Mann I dont think Ive ever finished a real full race. I'd have superb set up bringing me to pole position (which was very hard already). Then race fabulously consistent for so many rounds, but then either:
- I'd get a flat tyre
- My engine would start overheating and blow up
- The back of the field would not let me go passed unharmed
- A horrible crash would happen right in front of me

Fuggin frustrating, but still the whole setup, steering, breaking, etc, made for a very addictive sim game.
I used to write my set up's down, so I wouldn't lose them and could tweak them a bit.
spa2tacu5 is offline                         Send a private message to spa2tacu5
Old 30-08-2007, 06:23 PM   #26
Cole Trickle

I have just taken a look at the Spanish version of the box (link on the homepage).. Strange enough there's a YELLOW and GREEN car depicted (back cover, 1st screenshot)... or is my vision just too blurred after a couple of beers??

Old 12-09-2007, 05:35 AM   #27
Johnny R

Still have this complete game/sim and the old 386 class PC's to run it. It was often shipped with Sound Blaster cards up through the Pro series and was always one of my favorites. I recently found the notepad I kept all the car settings in. Gonna have to play now. :brain:

Old 20-09-2007, 10:32 PM   #28
Avenger

Hey guys, I seriously need some help with the cambers and/ or the tire pressures.
I have done what you recommended but haven't figured it out, yet. All changed settings causes even worse results than the standard values.
Could anyone post some exact settings for each tire of the LOLa Buick. Both cambers and tire pressures would be interesting.
Thanx in advance!

Old 15-05-2008, 11:13 PM   #29
green100

I am :nuts: and in with this game...

I just wish i could set the tire pressure down to 0 or 1 PSI!
green100 is offline                         Send a private message to green100
Old 26-05-2008, 06:03 PM   #30
bduddy

I don't think the file here has the .bat in it anymore, so to get the enhanced sound, just run indy /adlib. Great game-I actually owned it when I was younger, but I don't think I ever bothered with setups back then >_>
bduddy is offline                         Send a private message to bduddy