Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-06-2006, 07:29 PM   #71
Undertaker
Super Freak

The Scrap moves are really easy... after you've KO'ed your opponent (in the final round, in case you need two wins or more) and your bot does his victory pose, execute the commands for the Scrap. The easiest bot to perform a Scrap & Destruction would be Chronos (Down, Forward, Punch and Forward, Backward, Punch if I remember correctly). Jaguar is easy, too. The hardest bot would be Katana (Forward, Down forward, Down, Down back, Back, Punch, to Back, Down back, Down, Down forward, Forward, Punch. Both must be executed in a rolling motion). You can execute the Scrap anytime in your bot's victory pose (some bots can do the Scrap even before that, if you're fast enough) until all the bonus points are added to your score. Hope this is any help! k:
Undertaker is offline                         Send a private message to Undertaker
Old 14-06-2006, 03:02 AM   #72
guesst
Abandonia Homie

The scraps, once you accomplish them, are really a bit of a let down. Nothing more than one of the punches or kicks and then your enemy blows up or gets cut in half or some other plain jane ending. They just limited what they could do to "don't draw any new poses/cels" so they're kinda not worth the effort it takes to execute them.
guesst is offline                         Send a private message to guesst
Old 18-06-2006, 04:03 PM   #73
Undertaker
Super Freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(guesst @ Jun 14 2006, 03:02 AM) [snapback]236591[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
The scraps, once you accomplish them, are really a bit of a let down. Nothing more than one of the punches or kicks and then your enemy blows up or gets cut in half or some other plain jane ending. They just limited what they could do to "don't draw any new poses/cels" so they're kinda not worth the effort it takes to execute them.
[/b]
That's not true; in Tournament Mode, the score you've got after a fight is the bonus money you get. After executing a Scrap or Destruction, you get a bonus that is very well worth the effort (400K for a destruction on Heavy Metal). Furthermore, Scraps and Destructions may lead to being challenged by unranked challengers. Defeating them is rewarded with a lot of money, and destructing them will sometimes be rewarded with an enhancement for your bot, depending on your bot and your opponent.
Undertaker is offline                         Send a private message to Undertaker
Old 18-06-2006, 07:30 PM   #74
dragonLancer
Super Freak

Send a message via MSN to dragonLancer

Yeah I Love Jaguars Scrap... Jaguar's really quick so I always used him till I opend up Nova or whatever his name is LOL Its been a while since I played but me and my friend use to sit and my room for hours playing this game... I still use it somtime mostly to re-ajust my joystic if i need to cause Its a great way to configure it, plus its one of the first games I ever used my joystic for- Minus Star wars Tie Fighter one of the best games ever!

If anyone wants me I'll be in the Angry Dome!!!

----------------------------------------------------------
dragonLancer is offline                         Send a private message to dragonLancer
Old 24-06-2006, 04:29 PM   #75
Shhejtan

Still one of the best games out there, not just the best fighting game. I's so amazing how may moves and strategies you can perform (with different bots and pilot configurations) with only two attack buttons.

But the gargoyle is so powerfull it's just rediculous. Way too fast punches.

Also, I've played this game a million times and I've never managed to do either a scrap or a destreuction. :angry:

Old 25-06-2006, 08:55 PM   #76
Undertaker
Super Freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shhejtan @ Jun 24 2006, 04:29 PM) [snapback]239396[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Still one of the best games out there, not just the best fighting game. I's so amazing how may moves and strategies you can perform (with different bots and pilot configurations) with only two attack buttons.

But the gargoyle is so powerfull it's just rediculous. Way too fast punches.

Also, I've played this game a million times and I've never managed to do either a scrap or a destreuction. :angry:
[/b]
Look a couple of post above for some pointers from me.

Edit: On the previous page, that is.
Old 13-09-2006, 05:05 AM   #77

sorry... none of the bots beat the NOVA

haaahaa

Old 13-09-2006, 06:12 AM   #78
Scatty
Treasure hunter

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 13 2006, 07:05 AM) [snapback]254708[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
sorry... none of the bots beat the NOVA

haaahaa
[/b]
But only when he's fought few fights and is well-upgraded already. Otherwise he's pretty slow, and other bots can take advantage of him relative easy.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 27-09-2006, 12:56 PM   #79
Undertaker
Super Freak

And even then it still isn't top tier, in my humble opinion. Versus the computer, Jaguar is simply better, and that's in all stages of the game.

Some people think Shredder is even better than Jaguar, for it's heavy damage combo's.

I have no clue about multiplayer, though. Anyway, Nova is a good, well rounded bot with excellent range, but it can only be used properly if it's already dominating it's opponent; Nova just plain sucks until you've completely upgraded it (which is REALLY expensive) and even then you have some work left on your pilot. Plus it can't get any enhancements (well, actually it can, but they don't seem to do anything).
Old 27-09-2006, 04:29 PM   #80

In my opinion there's another bot that's better than Jaguar - Thorn. With that one it's easy to own enemy bots even on early stages, and later on. This bot is my favorite one. The bots that really suck, I think, are Gargoyle and this teleporting bot with balls on arms ends and a triangle in it's chest, forgot it's name right now.