Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 22-09-2007, 08:00 AM   #31
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cazgotsaved @ Sep 22 2007, 09:24 AM) [snapback]312408[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
In some religions/sects, you can be ordained at 15.
[/b]
I know, but it does seem strange and hopefully this isn't a standard practice (just some rare cases). I mean, can a pesron at that age really have enough life experiance to be a spiritual guide to people sometimes much older then themselves? It's not impossible, but being a spiritual guide is a very responsible thing and I find it irresponsible of an institution to put such a burden on the shoulders of such a young individual.

No offense #Alex#, but I honestly wouldn't come to you about religious matters, for I fear I would only shater your fate insted of you being able to "restore" mine.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 22-09-2007, 08:37 AM   #32
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cazgotsaved @ Sep 22 2007, 07:24 AM) [snapback]312408[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Lulu - how are you going to ask a 15 year old kid questions like that? How old are you and how long did it take you to find something like that? I know for a fact you didn't make it up.....At least ask a legal adult P
[/b]
Oh for god's sake Cazgotsaved, I said in my post that it is was quote from Epicurius (who is, incidentally a well known philosopher who himself became deified) I also went on to say that I was just joking.

As for the "ordination" anyone can become a minister of this particular church by registering on their website.

so much aggression, these days, I guess religion brings it out in people
Old 22-09-2007, 08:55 AM   #33
dosraider
Dismembered.

A 15 year old 'ordained minister' ?
Oh my.

Now yeah, maybe it can help him to get laid.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 22-09-2007, 08:56 AM   #34
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

LOL
Old 22-09-2007, 09:01 AM   #35
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

I suggest one of the following:
1) Alex can provide evidence he really is a minister
2) I'll close this spam topic
Old 22-09-2007, 09:38 AM   #36
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

Hopefully the following link will shed some "light" on you skeptics ;-)

http://www.ulc.net/index.php?page=ordain

Now ALL of us can be ordained! And simply by putting a little X in a box we can repent of all our sins and rest assured that we are going to live happily in the hereafter (if one believes in such).

Hey, at least the Universal Life Church offers the position of Minister for free...most places require you to at least pay a $5 fee first. I remember my Dad saying him and his friends did that once when they were like, 17 just kicks. They got special clergy cards mailed to them and everything, so they could park in the "Clergy" spots in hospitals and technically could marry someone as well.

Of course, it meant absolute crap and I doubt that simply by "becoming a minister" as you say you have has made you a more compassionate and understanding person. Heck, I'm about to go spend two years of my life serving other people in a place I've never been, and in a language I have no idea how to speak, and I probably won't understand true compassion until at least a year into my Mission, and that'll be after having served for 16 hours a day.
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 22-09-2007, 10:54 AM   #37
dosraider
Dismembered.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ReamusLQ @ Sep 22 2007, 11:38 AM) [snapback]312425[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
.... you skeptics ;-)[/b]
#Alex#, you're 15, how would you react if a 5 years old would say to you:
"Let me advise you about how you should live your life, I will advise you also about sexual problems, how you should regard abortus, euthanasia, whatever moral issues included .....
Let me explain why your youngest brother, your sister, your child, is dying from cancer, let me reconfort you....."

Now that's exactly how we react when a 15 years old say so to us, skeptic, and even more: you're a joke, but not a funny one.

You're a kid, hopefully you will grow up and become a mature adult, come back then and try again.
You will be taken seriously, but not now.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 22-09-2007, 10:55 AM   #38
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ReamusLQ @ Sep 22 2007, 11:38 AM) [snapback]312425[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Heck, I'm about to go spend two years of my life serving other people in a place I've never been, and in a language I have no idea how to speak, and I probably won't understand true compassion until at least a year into my Mission, and that'll be after having served for 16 hours a day.
[/b]
Are you really going abroad to do some civilian/clerigical service?
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 22-09-2007, 11:06 AM   #39
Japo
Autonomous human

I always felt that I was the reincarnation of Buddha but nobody noticed because I live too far away from Tibet. I'm gonna make some lama check this out for me and then I'm gonna come here levitating and pwn you all spiritual n00bs.
Old 22-09-2007, 11:20 AM   #40
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

Quote:
I'm gonna come here levitating and pwn you all spiritual n00bs.[/b]
l0l dude, now you just made my day. That was great

Btw Alex, no wonder you became ordained. That "church" looks like they are a bunch hypocrites. They need fresh meat, so they signed you on. Just look at their site, "Become Ordained" "Prayer Request" (just near the "ULC Store" link, l0l) and "Online Confession"? With checkboxes like "Have you forgiven yourself for your sins?: Yes No" and "Have you forgiven others who have harmed you?: Yes No"?

I mean C'MON! Wake up Alex! Slap yourself on the face, and look around you. Is this really what YOU want? Or is that what THEY want you to think? Just ask yourself.

EDIT:

Sorry, I take it back, THEY ARE WORSE simple hypocrites. They are GREEDY hypocrites. Aw gawd, just take a look at THEIR ONLINE STORE, and prepare to puke. Is that kind of marketing looks familiar? Yes, that's right. TV Shop. You can literally BUY yourself into the "church". "Minister Starter Kit", hehehe. L0l, I could even buy myself a PHD degree in that store, how rad is that?

So no, Alex, you are not a minister. You are a victim of your own gullibility. Believing in Jesus, and God is one thing, but taking part in this nonsense... Even if you are 15, you should've seen that coming...

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Closed Thread