Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-10-2006, 08:14 AM   #41
Till

I really love this game and I know there are others who love it just the same. Why? Because there are dozens of free selfmade tracks at http://revolt.speedweek.net/main/news.php
Some of theme are even better than the ones that come with Re-Volt. Check out London1969 und Mines of Alderon.

Old 04-10-2006, 08:23 AM   #42
me_lobo
Abandonia nerd

Unhappy

Great game...
though I encountered one big problem. The game run in weird screen mode. The game screen is somehow "laying" from left to the right instead of from top to the bottom. Pictures with the disclaimer and Acclaim logos are displayed normally but after this the screen becomes weird. Anyone have this problem? Or any idea how to solve it?
.../after one hour/

...well this game sucks. Menu screen always twisted, game crashes, the patch overwriting the no-cd version, crc-error with winrar, winzip....geeze. :angry:

Here is a patch that works http://www.geocities.com/ssjampo/utilities.htm
me_lobo is offline                         Send a private message to me_lobo
Old 04-10-2006, 09:04 AM   #43

I can't believe this is abandonware! I guess Acclaim is dead although they still have www.acclaim.com for Acclaim Games. I still have the demo for it and loved it especially the special effects of the wepons and tracks (although it only included Toys In The Hood right way up only). Can someone tell me, is it hard playing a map upside down reversed? I've never seen a game that allows that!

I wish I could download it but I have dial-up... and it doesn't contain music (which sounds good) oh well! :wallbash:

Old 04-10-2006, 10:16 AM   #44

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 4 2006, 09:04 AM) [snapback]259311[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Can someone tell me, is it hard playing a map upside down reversed? I've never seen a game that allows that![/b]
It's a lot of fun I can tell you. First it's confusing since you get used to the normal direction and side of turning so you keep bashing in corners and walls from time to time, but after few tries it's no problem.
The higher difficulty levels of the game are only for one thing good imho - to reach the stars that are placed in some levels on very hard-to-reach places. For the usual runs I always use the lowest, "slow" difficulty speed and it's perfectly fine too. Not too fast, great grip and opponents are always an interesting challenge (especially with the better cars later in the game).

The weird screen mode happened to be a problem for me earlier too. It's a problem of the game with some graphic card drivers. Usually the newer ones work flawlessly, sometimes though the older one's are recommended. Buggy game anyway, and no newer patch than the no-cd one (I couldn't find any on the net) which isn't worth it for me since I prefer the game with it's CD music :P

Old 04-10-2006, 10:29 AM   #45
greywulf
Lurker

Oh my!

What an utterly, utterly brilliant gift to find waiting for me. This is a terrific race game, and especially great fun if you've got kids. They love it. I love it.

10/10

Thanks
greywulf is offline                         Send a private message to greywulf
Old 04-10-2006, 11:05 AM   #46
Abi79
Home Sweet Abandonia

Send a message via Yahoo to Abi79

Quote:
I guess Acclaim is dead although they still have www.acclaim.com for Acclaim Games.[/b]
No, it is not. Look at the bottom of acclaim.com. "© 2006 Acclaim Games Inc." This means it was last updated this year.
Abi79 is offline                         Send a private message to Abi79
Old 04-10-2006, 12:21 PM   #47
velik_m
Game Wizzard

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Abi79 @ Oct 4 2006, 11:05 AM) [snapback]259325[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Quote:
I guess Acclaim is dead although they still have www.acclaim.com for Acclaim Games.[/b]
No, it is not. Look at the bottom of acclaim.com. "© 2006 Acclaim Games Inc." This means it was last updated this year.
[/b]
from wikipedia:
Quote:
Acclaim suffered severe financial problems in 2004, the result of most of their video and computer game titles selling very poorly. This resulted in the closure of Acclaim Studios Cheltenham and Acclaim Studios Manchester in England and other places and their filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, leaving many employees unpaid. Amongst the titles under development at the UK studios were Emergency Mayhem, and Made Man.

On 1 September 2004, Acclaim filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court of New York , which will virtually annihilate their company in liquidating all possible assets to pay off their enormous debt which reportedly tops USD$100 million.

An attempt to reopen the Cheltenham and Manchester studios (under the new name Exclaim) failed due to legal wrangling over IP, with both the US and UK administrators claiming rights.

In August 2005, former Activision executive Howard Marks purchased the name "Acclaim" for a reported $100,000. In the beginning of 2006, Marks formed a new company called Acclaim Games. According to a job listing for the company, Acclaim Games will "be the first US major brand to bring some of the most successful online games in the world, specifically designed to meet the community and multiplayer experience that the 36 million U.S. tweens and the 41 million European tweens want."

On 7 July 2006, Throwback Entertainment announced that it acquired over 150 Acclaim-published titles and vows to bring some into the next-generation.
[/b]
Old 04-10-2006, 12:25 PM   #48
Abi79
Home Sweet Abandonia

Send a message via Yahoo to Abi79

Oh, well then, I was wrong. Sorry. Now let's hope that Acclaim Games will be more succesful.
Abi79 is offline                         Send a private message to Abi79
Old 04-10-2006, 02:05 PM   #49
taska

The game don't save my record, new car...... :wallbash: What to do with this?
hanx a lot thi is a beautiful game
by

Old 04-10-2006, 04:45 PM   #50

You should quit the game after every 3rd run so it saves your progress, before it crashes since when it does it doesn't save the data. Btw., anyone else encountered the game to crash like that? It does for me always no matter the version.