Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-11-2006, 01:42 PM   #81
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

In other words, not in a million years. We are forbidden to offer this game for download OR to provide download links from other sites. This applies to both the floppy and CD version.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 09-12-2006, 07:53 AM   #82
Micke

I'm stuck and could really use some help, this game is driving me crazy (again).

I'm trying to use the worldstone to get into Atlantis. What Plato says: "...with the rising sun breaking night's grip above the fiery peak."

Now, this should mean that I should align Volcano with Rising sun, right? And if I remember correctly (which I obviously don't) the position of the Moonstone doesn't matter.

What am I doing wrong? I have tried every possible position of the Moonstone, just in case. I have aligned Volcano and Rising sun in every possible position (up, right, down, left). Does "Final entrance yielded only to contrary minds." have anyhting to do with it?

BTW, love this game, just not right now... :wallbash:

Old 09-12-2006, 08:50 AM   #83
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Micke @ Dec 9 2006, 09:53 AM) [snapback]270995[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
What am I doing wrong? I have tried every possible position of the Moonstone, just in case. I have aligned Volcano and Rising sun in every possible position (up, right, down, left). Does "Final entrance yielded only to contrary minds." have anyhting to do with it?[/b]
It's been ages since I last played the game, but if I remember correctly, it means you have to take the setup according to the dialogue and then turn every stone by 180 degrees.

PS: Wouldn't the "night's grip" bit imply that volcano, sun and moon should be aligned?
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 09-12-2006, 06:08 PM   #84
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I don't think so, because it's "breaking" the grip, as in "coming out of"....

But you're right about turning the stones 180 degrees. "Contrary" is just a fancy word for "opposite" in this context.

Damn this game, I could never get through to the final circle in Atlantis, there must have been some ridiculous machine part (destined to be stuck in that broken armed statue gaurding the door) that I never found - or I couldn't work out how to connect the chain to the broken arm, something like that, I can't remember now... But however much I damn it now, I still absolutely loved that game, and I still do
Old 10-12-2006, 07:56 AM   #85
Saphire
Abandonia nerd

You can use this walkthrough from DLH for help, I know I solved the game with the same walkthrough many times long time ago
Saphire is offline                         Send a private message to Saphire
Old 10-12-2006, 06:52 PM   #86
Micke

That walktrhrough doesnt appear to give any help about the stones. I found another walkthrough, though, about just this. It says "Align the Volcano with the Rising Sun" about my case, which is exactly what I have done! Rotated 180 degress - check.

Am I stoopid or what is this? :blink:

Old 10-12-2006, 09:40 PM   #87
Scatty
Treasure hunter

The thing is that the combination for the stones is different every time you play the game through, so there's not really a certain combination. You'll have to find it out by trial and error. That's not only the case with the stones, some other puzzles in game vary slightly in similar way each time you go through the game.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 10-12-2006, 09:46 PM   #88
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Well, not exactly trial and error. It's all in the lost dialogue.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 10-12-2006, 09:48 PM   #89
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

I remember having trouble with aligning the stones in the last puzzle. Either I totally misread the hints in that book, or the whole thing is just random

Thing is, I used the same approach when trying to align them as I did on the other occations earlier in the game, only with that 180 degrees twist. I always ended up with the very tedious job of searchiing through every combination, excluding only the obviously wrong ones. I also think I can remember that the correct combination always baffled me, considering the hints given.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:48 PM   #90
Scatty
Treasure hunter

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(A. J. Raffles @ Dec 10 2006, 11:46 PM) [snapback]271250[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Well, not exactly trial and error. It's all in the lost dialogue.
[/b]
Which never really helped me. The last time I played the game the combinations there had nothing to do with the right ones. In the end it's still trial and error, with some luck.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty