Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-09-2005, 06:12 AM   #21
jvecch

so when do u think pool of radiance and curse of azurbond will become available on here?
jvecch is offline                         Send a private message to jvecch
Old 13-09-2005, 04:30 PM   #22
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

The original pool of radiance? Probably not...

Make sure you keep the hoopak +2 you find in Throtl as it is the best one you will find until you get your hands on a hoopak +4 in Death Knights.
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 27-09-2005, 09:12 PM   #23
lordcantenberry

Whenever I try to play this game I get an error saying it cannot find the file 8x8d1.dax. Anyone have any idea why this is. I have a directory in my champions of krynn folder called 8x8d1.dax but no files are in it.

Thanks for any help.
lordcantenberry is offline                         Send a private message to lordcantenberry
Old 28-09-2005, 04:58 AM   #24
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

You have a corrupted file or pathing folder.
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 06-10-2005, 03:00 AM   #25
OLD-TIME D&D FAN

HELP!

There was this point when I defeated some hill giants at a random encounter and they dropped some PLATINUM coins. Trouble is, I don't know how to convert them into STEEL coins so I can deposit them in the vault. I now have around 8,000 PLATINUM coins and this greatly affects my encumberance and movement. :eeeeeh:

Is there any way to fix this one! :help: :help:

Old 09-11-2005, 02:44 PM   #26
Blank_box
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by OLD-TIME D&D FAN@Oct 6 2005, 03:00 AM
HELP! *

There was this point when I defeated some hill giants at a random encounter and they dropped some PLATINUM coins. Trouble is, I don't know how to convert them into STEEL coins so I can deposit them in the vault. I now have around 8,000 PLATINUM coins and this greatly affects my encumberance and movement. :eeeeeh:

Is there any way to fix this one! :help:* :help:
I also have this problem too. I don't know how to convert it so I drop it all...

But don't worry about it. In later chapter you don't need money at all (items that dropped are almost magical which about 2000 per item.) k: and you don't have anything to buy also.
Blank_box is offline                         Send a private message to Blank_box
Old 16-11-2005, 05:34 PM   #27
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

Alright. Go into town and pool it all at the shop. Now, buy a dart or something. Now share all that money, and go to the bank. Deposit all of it, and go hunt down some more hill giants....

Money is useful in this game ( and in some parts of the next ones... like buying +2 arrows or some such.) for buying darts of hornets nest and wand of missiles. You can easily carry a wand per person and get an unfailing shot off on a few mages/clerics and kill them in the first round. This does NOT work in DQK though...
Old 27-11-2005, 01:36 AM   #28
Svein

Quote:
Originally posted by ramblin gambler@Sep 5 2005, 09:38 PM
love the game! :Brain:

BUT....:help: i have one problem, although the majority of the copyright protection can be answered using the journal sometimes when i try and save, it asks for a word from the rulebook and it doesn't corrolate to anything in the journal... please please please someone say there is an easy answer that i moron have missed that can remedy this problem...
There are 2 mnauals... One is containing all the journals and the other is a rulebook, in the latter one you`ll find the answers you need. Just check if it asks for a word from the journal or rulebook..
Both books can be downloaded from Abandonia -champions of krynn

NOW, can anyone help me with turning of the AUTO combat feature that i activated on one of my characters????

Old 30-11-2005, 11:16 PM   #29
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

Press the spacebar in combat... press it alot. Hmmm, I seem to be repeating a previous post here :bleh:
Old 01-12-2005, 09:40 AM   #30
anders_

Quote:
Originally posted by OLD-TIME D&D FAN@Oct 6 2005, 03:00 AM
HELP!

Is there any way to fix this one! :help: :help:
Platinum is pretty much worthless in these games as steel is the main currency.

At endgame you probably wont even save the steel just keeping the gems and jewelry.
Also don't evaluate or sell gems/jewelry until you're gonna spend the cash.
You only get full price selling evaluated stuff at once also selling it when you're not goin to spend it will quickly overload your characters.

Just holler if you need any strategy tips.
anders_ is offline                         Send a private message to anders_