Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-04-2005, 05:23 PM   #1
Flop
Hero Gamer

I thought some of you people might appreciate this little clip of what is surely the most embarrassing live concert ever. Ladies and gentlemen, I bring you Shatners Rocket Man.

I'll never get tired of watching that, it cracks me up every time. I particularly like the entrance of what I call "stoned Shatner" (although I'm sure he was trying to come of as cool).

If you have any other Shatner clips or stories, feel free to post them. (I guess other celebrities will do as well, as long as they're hilarious).
Flop is offline                         Send a private message to Flop
Old 12-04-2005, 06:07 PM   #2
Chuck the plant
Game Wizzard

Oooooooooooooooooooooooold!!! :Titan: :bleh: :whistle:

BTW, for german readers: Shatner im "Galore"-Magazin

BTW: You might not have noticed, but Shatner does such things on purpose. He indeed knows he's not James T. Kirk or T.J. Hooker in the flesh...
Chuck the plant is offline                         Send a private message to Chuck the plant
Old 12-04-2005, 06:25 PM   #3
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Mr Shatner is one cool guy. Great balls to perform that. One of my favourite artists ever.
Funny little thing, I first saw this performance form Stewie from Family Guy and I loved the song, shortly after that (a couple of years ago) I found out about where it was based, and I still love it. Cool cool guy he is.
:Titan:

Plus I love the song!

BTW, can anyone direct me to a downloaded version of this video or an mp3 of it? If it is not illegal of course...
I love it!
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 12-04-2005, 06:36 PM   #4
Flop
Hero Gamer

@Chuck the plant: Yeah, Shatner has been doing a lot of parodies of the characters he used to play, but I'm pretty sure he was still taking himself seriously back when he did this song. He has released a couple of cd's btw, and on the early one, several of the tracks consist of Shatner reciting Shakespeare...priceless.

@efthimios: You think Shatner is cool? And you love the song? Damn. Oh well, different people, different tastes, I guess.
Flop is offline                         Send a private message to Flop
Old 13-04-2005, 06:31 AM   #5
Evad
Game freak

yeah him and Nemoy did a cd, it was actually pretty entertaining.
Evad is offline                         Send a private message to Evad
Old 13-04-2005, 03:57 PM   #6
Chuck the plant
Game Wizzard

Actually, his latest album is perceived pretty well amongst serious music-critics...
Chuck the plant is offline                         Send a private message to Chuck the plant
Old 13-04-2005, 07:10 PM   #7
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Anyone seen that new show he is doing right now, I think it's called Invasion Iowa or something.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 15-04-2005, 07:13 AM   #8
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

Personally, Shatner is one of my heroes. He's like the embodyment of self mockery.
TheGiantMidgit is offline                         Send a private message to TheGiantMidgit
Old 15-04-2005, 09:51 AM   #9
irrelevantjet
Abandonia nerd

That Rocket Man by Shatner is by far the best and worst thing he has ever done

I love Bill and his antics
irrelevantjet is offline                         Send a private message to irrelevantjet