Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-04-2006, 12:35 AM   #21
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

I think we should make a semi-poll

Meaning that whomever launches the battle, will edit his or hers post with the votes for and against

What do you guys think?

That way it is easier to pick a winner in the end - although in the current one it is pretty easy. Holmes walks away with the victory even before Round 1 has commenced. Simply because Holmes would never allow himself to be trapped (unless that was part of his plan), and would've confronted Jigsaw while he was setting the whole thing up. Just to catch him in the act.

Holmes wins hands down.
Old 27-04-2006, 12:59 AM   #22
Fawfulhasfury
Home Sweet Abandonia

Sorry. I was planning on having this topic up every two days. I guess its time to finish this part of it up, so I guess I cna easily announce that Sherlock won hands down, he was voted for at least 5/6th of the topic. :P Now that its time to end this discussion, lets move on to the next round... Saw was hoisted by his petard..:P

WHO WOULD WIN: THE SHADOW VS THE JOKER (Mark Hamill's Joker, not the old sucky 1960s one)

Let the debate begin...:P

I vote for The Joker this time, but it's a hard fact whether The Shadow would win the day with his shadowness. I know Shadow might have the ability to freak Joker out with his scary laugh, know knows, wait, the shadow does. =D
Joker: 4
The Shadow.:0

EDIT: I can change the protagonists if anyonee wants me to
Fawfulhasfury is offline                         Send a private message to Fawfulhasfury
Old 27-04-2006, 01:23 AM   #23
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

The Joker wins this one easily. Not only is he used to dealing with Batman on a regular basis, but he is an evil mastermind with tons of money, lots of neat toys, and no regret.

The Scooby Gang, however, are used to run around screaming like little girls. Besides, this time, it isn't the janitor under the mask. Joker's the real thing, and this will baffle the Scooby Gang, if Daphne ever even get that close to him as to try to rip off his mask. Then Joker will bathe her face in acid from his flower, and use his gas on the rest. Case closed.

Joker won't even shrug.

Edit:
You silly man, changing the combatants.
Old 27-04-2006, 01:54 AM   #24
omg
Games Master

joker wins. smackdown stylee. hes got the look, the toys. and most importantly the goons! jokers got some kind of cult always willing to take part in his nefarios schemes.

dont mess with the clown!
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 27-04-2006, 02:13 AM   #25
moogle
Abandonia Homie

Pfft...Joker by far...
I think a closer match would be Rorscach vs the Joker...bwhaha.
moogle is offline                         Send a private message to moogle
Old 27-04-2006, 04:27 PM   #26
rlbell
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by moogle@Apr 27 2006, 02:13 AM
Pfft...Joker by far...
The main problem with the Joker versus anybody BUT Batman is that the Joker has usually built up his scheme on the premise of staging a confrontation with Batman, so any tale involving the Joker and any other protagonist, must also include Batman, or it is not being true to Joker's motivations. The implication made in Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns is that the Joker languished in Arkham Asylum for years, until Bruce Wayne put the cowl back on. The Shadow is unlikely to stumble onto one of the Joker's plans, as the Joker is very low key, and well into the background, before Batman is also on the case.

The same goes for Rorshach versus The Joker. Of course, that match up is doomed because it is not a hero versus a villian, but two villians. Rorshach is a psychopathic, serial murderer with a very peculiar victim of choice-- murderers, rapists, and crimelords. A more fitting match up is Batman versus Rorshach. It has the interesting potential of Batman trying to differentiate himself from the man he is pursuing, as the only significant difference between Batman and Rorshach is that Batman will not kill.
rlbell is offline                         Send a private message to rlbell
Old 27-04-2006, 05:10 PM   #27
Fawfulhasfury
Home Sweet Abandonia

I'll consider that combo for the next debate. k: Looking on it realistically, you're right, the Joker wouldn't actually fight anyone but Batman, unless the Shadow was working with Batman. I could see it happening too, especially since DC owns The Shadow. :P But if the Joker had to confront the Shadow, hoiw would he fare? I'm not too sure he would fare well. The Shadow uses madness as a technique, including his high pitched laugh and the ability to hurt people while being a shadow, and it'd be hard for Joker to pick one shadow from another, so realistically, unless the joker has 20/20 vision, I'm not sure he could beat the Shdaow, yet if he were able to bring shadow out of the shadow form, then I think Joker would stand a considerably better chance of beating him. Until he saw the Shadows freaky face. :twisted:
Fawfulhasfury is offline                         Send a private message to Fawfulhasfury
Old 28-04-2006, 02:43 AM   #28
moogle
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by rlbell+Apr 27 2006, 04:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rlbell @ Apr 27 2006, 04:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-moogle@Apr 27 2006, 02:13 AM
Pfft...Joker by far...
The main problem with the Joker versus anybody BUT Batman is that the Joker has usually built up his scheme on the premise of staging a confrontation with Batman, so any tale involving the Joker and any other protagonist, must also include Batman, or it is not being true to Joker's motivations. The implication made in Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns is that the Joker languished in Arkham Asylum for years, until Bruce Wayne put the cowl back on. The Shadow is unlikely to stumble onto one of the Joker's plans, as the Joker is very low key, and well into the background, before Batman is also on the case.

The same goes for Rorshach versus The Joker. Of course, that match up is doomed because it is not a hero versus a villian, but two villians. Rorshach is a psychopathic, serial murderer with a very peculiar victim of choice-- murderers, rapists, and crimelords. A more fitting match up is Batman versus Rorshach. It has the interesting potential of Batman trying to differentiate himself from the man he is pursuing, as the only significant difference between Batman and Rorshach is that Batman will not kill. [/b][/quote]
Nice to know somebody reads Alan moore
moogle is offline                         Send a private message to moogle
Old 28-04-2006, 04:46 PM   #29
Fawfulhasfury
Home Sweet Abandonia

Well, I'd like to announce that the Joker won, by a mile. :P So I'm gonna go ahead and start the new debate....

Today we'll debate if..

WHO WOULD OUTWIT WHOM: The Griffin family VS. Mom

Begin the debate... k:

Griffin family:0
Mom:0
Old 02-05-2006, 11:36 PM   #30
omg
Games Master

whos mom?
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg