Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #1
ffxplayer

Question Old puzzle game played in 92 involving a knight

Around 1992 I played a game in our school computer lab on what MIGHT have been an Apple II not sure. I know it ran the Oregon Trail for Apple II but the first DOS version of The Oregon Trail and the Apple II version have very similar graphics. It also ran Treasure Mountain.

The graphics were something like Altered Ego-> http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/263/Alter+Ego.html

The game was third person puzzle. I seem to recall you exploring a castle as a little boy or girl picking up keys and puzzle pieces in order to eventually get parts of a knight robot. The knight when complete was used to attack the boss, I THINK a dragon. I recall at the end the dragon flies away when you win. When fighting the boss, you control the knight by stepping on arrow key pictures.

Also the only thing that "hurt" you were the worms around the castle who could swallow you, requiring you to navigate your way out the worm's innards.

It was a cute game and has stuck in my mind all these years.
ffxplayer is offline                         Send a private message to ffxplayer
Old 03-05-2013, 01:24 AM   #2
Megaten
Abandonia nerd

http://www.mobygames.com/game/think-quick

Always odd to me, seeing these earlier TLC games. My mother played a notable part in getting my elementary school to focus on computers and getting kids (and teachers) to learn things like touch-typing or how to use document editors, so I became at least passingly familiar with a lot of the late 80s/early 90s edutainment. But some of them completely escaped my notice, like this one.
Megaten is offline                         Send a private message to Megaten
Old 15-05-2013, 03:23 PM   #3
ffxplayer

Yeah, I know I missed games as well, but these old educational games were awesome! Even more so because I see so few of them now a days...
ffxplayer is offline                         Send a private message to ffxplayer