Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-06-2009, 10:09 PM   #11
Chris
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pex View Post
Thanks, that was very helpful What's Loc button for?
'Loc' is short for 'Relocate'. You can send your production to other cities automatically. The units won't appear until they've arrived there, however. That means if a unit would need four turns to move from the production site to the relocated city for example, you can't use it during these turns.

Chris is offline                         Send a private message to Chris
Old 09-11-2009, 07:00 PM   #12
WarlordsFan
Default warlords 3 on vista

Hi!

I am unable to figure out how to even install warlords 3 (darklords rising) on my new computer, with vista.

When the cd is inserted, nothing appears. I open the content of the cd, and begin the set-up and install, the Red Orb box appears and I click "install" but nothing happens after that, ever.

Please help!!!

Old 09-11-2009, 07:24 PM   #13
dosraider
Dismembered.

http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=16510

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 09-11-2009, 09:45 PM   #14
WarlordsFan

I read that thread, but it wasn't relevant, unfortunately, and it was closed. They were discussing running the program after it was installed.

I'm unable to even install it. I'm afraid it has to do with the 64bit OS for vista.

I am hoping someone can figure out how W3 DLR can be installed and run in vista 64bit.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:25 PM   #15
dosraider
Dismembered.

The install prog of darklords rising is 16 bit (Win98), won't run on a 64 bit OS (as you should know).

Install the game in VPC2007/W98 in a host/guest shared folder, once installed it runs in Vista 64.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 27-11-2011, 11:08 PM   #16
Phoxtrot

I loved this game, it was one of the very few games i played multi using hot-seat.

I think that having only one map actually made it better at least in 3 player: you knew the map and you knew who was winning etc... Good memories

Old 10-03-2013, 11:46 PM   #17
Torquemada10
Forum hobbit

I think I won the game once in under 20 turns in the amiga version, Storm giants FTW

A quick rundown of the factions

Storm giants are probably the most powerful race in the game, they have a huge selection of independant castles and ruins to search. Can spread out extremly fast and annihilate Elvallie quickly if he gets lucky.

Elvallie is also strong, if and that is a big IF Storm giants doesn't get a good start. Has access to elves which are stronger than light infantries but weaker than heavy infantries but get bonuses in forests.

Selentines are pretty strong and can get powerful very quickly, has access to number of ruins and a seer. Most powerful faction in the northern part of the map.

Horse lords are pretty isolated, to be successful with then you need to rely on a bit of luck and gut. Send out your cavalries to distant castles to secure a foothold to the north and to the south.

Gray dwarves are sandwitched between Selentines and Horselords, and act as a borderguard to the southern kingdoms. They need to hold off the Selentines and Horse lords long enough to get a foothold in the southern kingdoms. Not really a bad faction but lack cheap fast, scout units to take the independent castles and run a risk of getting overrun by Selenties and Horse lords if everything doesn't go smoothly in the first turns.

Lord Bane is the most isolated of all the factions, he has a handfull of castles that he can grab quickly but must start marching south and west as soon as possible if he want's to be considered a threat.

Orcs of Kor are a fearsome bunch who can spread out pretty quickly, they have access to some good castles with mixed units but mostly wolf riders. There are plenty of ruins to search and has access to a nearby seer to the south. Selentines, Storm giants and Orcs of Kor usually form the so called Triad of power, Selentines ruling the North, Storm giants the south and the Orcs of Kor the east.

Sirians, what can be said about poor Sirians, tactically inferior to all other factions. They start with the largest treasury but getting but a single castle can take 4-5 turns. Using the starting hero to get castles is almost a must in order to get in the game. If you like a challence, choose this faction.

Last edited by Torquemada10; 11-03-2013 at 12:12 AM.
Torquemada10 is offline                         Send a private message to Torquemada10
Old 11-03-2013, 03:13 PM   #18
MrFlibble
Abandonia Homie

Nice take on the sides! Warlords is an awesome game hands down