Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 28-02-2009, 03:29 PM   #11
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

Sorry all, i suppose this, since it was posted yesterday, is really mine and Ianfreddies fault D: so, yea.

So no more warez for serious now? I only talked about it because TC said everyone does it, but no more from me!

(atleast while the mods are on! JK)

DUN duuuunnnn dudududududun SPLOOSH duuunnnnn

We ate the horse.
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb
Old 28-02-2009, 04:02 PM   #12
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubb View Post
So no more warez for serious now? I only talked about it because TC said everyone does it, but no more from me!
....its true. Either that or Im always the one in the middle of these conversations.

But I agree with _r.u.s.s. here. Talk is free, but no linking. I did removed the crack-link that Ian posted.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 28-02-2009, 04:04 PM   #13
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

well cracks are legal=P
unless its on a website that hosts another illegal stuff of course
Old 28-02-2009, 04:04 PM   #14
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

TC i think you just get stuck in the middle of them Ian and I are bad for your health

DUN duuuunnnn dudududududun SPLOOSH duuunnnnn

We ate the horse.
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb
Old 28-02-2009, 04:27 PM   #15
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
well cracks are legal=P
unless its on a website that hosts another illegal stuff of course
Bolded
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 28-02-2009, 06:48 PM   #16
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Sorry for the double post, but I just have to answer to this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
If this continues, the only reasonable solution will be just disabling the Chatbox altogether for a while.
Do that and you'l earn the wrath of regular users.

Besides, didnt someone once said: "If the people disobey the law, its the law that needs to be changed, not the rule".

Also, you just not long ago posted a link to a book torrent. Okay, thats not warez, but still highly illegal.

Eagle, you can play your little cops and robbers game, but I aint. I will remove any illegal warez link that appears on the chatbox but I will not start taking pictures and posting them anywhere (I will report for repeated violations though, thats for sure). Its only talking in a real-time chat, which although goes into archives but none would bother to read those unless he's extremely bored or If he's looking for something specific.

And now that were at it, I just mentioned that I do frequently discuss about warez on the chatbox. Whats my penalty?
Old 28-02-2009, 07:05 PM   #17
Tulac
Union Leader

I think the way to go is to rename this site into Puritania.
Tulac is offline                         Send a private message to Tulac
Old 28-02-2009, 07:11 PM   #18
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

The best way to transform a good honest man into a criminal is inviting him into a criminal society. And when he often hears his friends talking about how rich will they become by robbing a bank or how easy it'll turn out if they'd spill the victim's brains on the floor, he begins to think that doing so is completely normal. No second thoughts, no regrets... Of course they didn't tell him directly to go and do it. They just told him how, and his mind became instantly corrupted...
Old 28-02-2009, 07:13 PM   #19
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Ok, the way I see it is this: AB has it's set of rules. Stupid, silly, unnecessary or not, they're there. If we want to discuss the rules on AB, fine, by all means, go ahead, it's a great idea. However: Breaking the rules is _not_ a good idea. If I can't stand the rules here, I'll leave, or I'll try to change them. Noone is forcing me to stay around, I'm free to leave for some other site with rules I like more, but I'd rather stay here and if the rules become too much of a laugh, I'll argue for a change. Simply breaking the rules "just because they're silly to begin with" is too silly to begin with.

There's a lot to say about people linking while telling others not to, but I'll leave that for now.

If we want to soften up the rules, then I suggest we have a serious discussion about that BUT: Until the rules have been softened up, I suggest we comply with the rules we have today.

Just my two bits.
Old 28-02-2009, 07:14 PM   #20
Tomekk
Master of Orion

Send a message via Yahoo to Tomekk

Since I'm not good at speeches, I'll just take everything bit-by-bit and tell my honest opinion.
Let's begin, shall we?

Quote:
...since it seems to be the current trend, I'm going to take names and screenshots. Without warnings. And then the admins will deal with it. As usual.
Seriously, by doing this your acting like a **** communist spy: You take names, pictures, evidence and show them to the big guys who then do the "dirty job". This is just childish and pathetic!!! Being a moderator does not mean that you are the admin's little spy, it mean that your suppoused to keep order around town. Or you just can't handle that yourself?

Quote:
I am tired of all this hypocrisis. It is written in bold right under the chatbox that warez is a big nono.There is actualy a good reason for this: Abandonware itself is a gray area and it is very important not to associate our site with warez if we want to stay in calm waters and stay out of trouble. By doing this, some people are taking a risk. Maybe it is a small or even minimal risk, but it is a risk nonetheless.
When we talk about Warez, we don't associate it with Abandonware at all, we are meerly just discussing about such topics. Most of the things we talk about are eighter UnderGround Gamer (thus, only registered members can access it, and they're like 100 people on the site who have access there at all. Other will just get sent away...) or are related with GTX's Top-secret hideout, of which only current members know. So if some noob comes in, he/she won't get anything.

Quote:
Well, I don't really care: at the very least exchange your informations via PMs!
Ohh, thank you very much. I did that once and got a warning for it.... talk about private messaging.

And before I forget, even an admin once posted UG links in the chatbox too, are you going to get him banned too?

TC and Russ have my full support in this, and go ahead and "sue me" if you can't take care of what I just said.

"that's what all jrpgs are about

0: intro
1: talk talk cry talk talk graphics talk talk,
2: boring jrpg generic turn based combat
3: walk map
4: goto 1 12390482309 times
5: outro"
- _r.u.s.s.
Tomekk is offline                         Send a private message to Tomekk
Closed Thread