Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-09-2006, 10:57 PM   #71

now im not sure do i understand this game correctly... basicly i like it but its seems like its all just a slow downhill when it comes to mony... i try to find the places to sell and by but they r too far to make any profit when u have to repair youre ship and if i take loan i never can pay back cause of this fukin annoying everyplace is toofaranddoesndbyuorsellenoughortheyrobmeorwhatfuk inever-thingie it just makes me wanna smash things.. nice game but fuking hell *meep* this muck..

Old 06-09-2006, 07:13 AM   #72
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

Repair your ship very, very frequently. Lower than 80% I never estimated as acceptable.

There are quite short, profitable routes. Tools to Cayenne and then rare wood back to europe for example.

It's not that hard... k:
Old 24-11-2006, 01:39 PM   #73

Hello!

I am great fun of this game since 1993 (Amiga times) I am playing it frequently - even now.

I got some advices if u want to hear. I am capable to have 5 big ships (1600 -1999 tons) and managed to reach 395k $.

As a first advice - DONT use wooden ships and dont start trade in first 3 months - Just Order a ship for 8k in London ( iron one- brig) then, before Shipyard finish it, get a loan, then pay for ship - recruit "dig in" crew , go to Lehavre, buy Wine, set sail to Melbourne- sell wine, buy Textilies ( be sure ur crew is rested) then go to Singapore, then to Melbourne, then to singapore, and be sure to check time on Loan extend.
After this, you will get around 15k, with no loan and plenty of cash to start new bussines same way but with 2 ships

Martini_pl

Old 19-01-2007, 10:24 AM   #74
odin

regarding the currents and winds: the game is all about that, too. The first time I played I kept incurring in loss after loss, while running stuff from africa to england and vice-versa. Then it ocurred to me it might model the currents and winds and I looked up a stream chart on the internet.

Indeed, it will take the same ship over two months to go from Luanda to Portugal, but less than two weeks to go from Rio de Janeiro to Cape Town. Or Less than forty days to sail from Liverpool to Rio de Janeiro, for that matter. It was not because of the fancy of it that the portuguese came close to the brazilian coast when en route to asia, it is faster to approach the americas and then go to capetown and cross to the indian ocean than to go coasting africa. At least when sailing. I don't know how a steam ship would respond.

anyway. I only played twice and the second time I played I started to make some money running machines to rio de janeiro (from London). I couldn't figure out how to save the game then, tough. Going to try again today!

A very nice game. Anybody has heard any sounds/tunes on it? It doesn't play any sounds on my machine, albeit there is a directory called SND. I see no sound configuration utility or menu though. Not really a surprise given how STUPID the game interface is. Probably the worst ever. By far.
odin is offline                         Send a private message to odin
Old 19-01-2007, 11:15 AM   #75
Icewolf
Il Lupone

That saving issue has been discussed before I remember. Search in this forum or in Troubleshooting for a solution.

But I don't see anything wrong with the 1869 interface. It just fully uses the "those-days" opportunities of the mouse. Left-click and right-click.
Maybe you just need an excuse for doing not so good...? :bleh:
Old 20-01-2007, 12:00 AM   #76
odin

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Icewolf @ Jan 19 2007, 12:15 PM) [snapback]275630[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

But I don't see anything wrong with the 1869 interface.
[/b]
Then I am the one-eyed in the land of the blind. You may address me as 'My King'! :brain:

Seriously, now. Where are those current and weather charts that someone volunteered to upload and the admin said ok? Can't wait to get my hands on those even if they're in german. Das ist nicht ein sehr schwierig sprache, after all :bleh:
Old 22-01-2007, 01:36 PM   #77
Icewolf
Il Lupone

That was actually me uploading those cards in german.
I sent them to an abandonia-email-adress.
They haven't been uploaded by now and I sent it like last May... :angry:
Old 22-01-2007, 02:11 PM   #78
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Contact the admins about that. Files sometimes get lost or misplaced on the server.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 22-01-2007, 04:13 PM   #79
odin

would you mail me those files, Icewolf? If yes I'll pm you with a gmail account address. Gmail should be able to hold large files k:
Old 23-01-2007, 11:53 AM   #80
Icewolf
Il Lupone

I asked the admins if they still have the images. If not, I'll have to check my harddisk if I still have them. Otherwise I have to scan them once more. <_<