Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: Favorite Lucasart adventure game?
Monkey Island 5 12.20%
Monkey Island 2 0 0%
Monkey Island 3 4 9.76%
Monkey Island 4 0 0%
Indiana Jones - The last crusade 0 0%
Indiana Jones - The fate of Atlantis 6 14.63%
Maniac Mansion 1 2.44%
Maniac Mansion 2 - Day of the Tentacle 5 12.20%
Sam and Max - Hit the road 2 4.88%
Grim Fandango 6 14.63%
Full throttle 4 9.76%
The Dig 4 9.76%
Zak McKracken 0 0%
Labyrinth 0 0%
LOOM 4 9.76%
Other (which one and why?) 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2005, 08:10 PM   #21
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Loom wasn't quite as original as Day Of The Tentacle or the original Maniac Mansion.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 02-11-2005, 08:12 PM   #22
MdaG
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via ICQ to MdaG Send a message via AIM to MdaG Send a message via MSN to MdaG Send a message via Yahoo to MdaG

Quote:
Originally posted by Blood-Pigggy@Nov 2 2005, 09:10 PM
Loom wasn't quite as original as Day Of The Tentacle or the original Maniac Mansion.
Maniac Mansion was only original for it's engine not the gameplay. Why is Day of the Tentacle original? It's basically Maniac Mansion, but with better puzzles and story.
MdaG is offline                         Send a private message to MdaG
Old 02-11-2005, 08:20 PM   #23
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

The only "serious" adventure I really liked was Beneath a Steel Sky....
The Dig has a very nice wry sense of humour, but somehow I was still a bit disappointed at the end. Maybe it was because the game was so short. Or maybe because Brink's accent was so annoying. I don't know. It was definitely worth playing, but it's none of my favourites.

I voted for Day of the Tentacle, by the way: hilarious characters, brilliant cartoony graphics and a fun story. Plus great voices and lots of puzzles that are just the right difficulty. And on top of all that you can play Maniac Mansion on Ed's computer - when you're on speaking terms with him, that is. Really, DOTT is just THE adventure. I'm surprised I'm the only one who has voted for it so far, actually...
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 03-11-2005, 05:08 AM   #24
MdaG
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via ICQ to MdaG Send a message via AIM to MdaG Send a message via MSN to MdaG Send a message via Yahoo to MdaG

Never having played last crusade or Labyrinth and never finishing Maniac Mansion I can say that the rest of the games were pure gold. DOTT is runner up to the Dig for me tightly followed by monkey 1 & 2. Then we have Grim Fandango, but as I said it's not a big distance between the games for me. They all RULE!

*edit*
Are you sure the new Indy games are adventure games and not Tomb Raider clones?
MdaG is offline                         Send a private message to MdaG
Old 03-11-2005, 06:45 AM   #25
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I've never played Tomb Raider, so I wouldn't know. Well, they don't really feel like adventure games, so you're probably right.
Last Crusade is a pretty accurate adaption of the film, and in a sense thet's also its weakest point: you're not as free to explore as you are in Fate of Atlantis. And you only ever get to use that bloody whip once, as far as I can remember. I mean, why lug it from Barnett College to Venice, Austria(?) and Yugoslavia if you're not even using it??
I'm also a bit surprised no-one has voted for Monkey Island 2 so far. The music alone was brilliant.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 03-11-2005, 06:47 AM   #26
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Venice, Austria? Surely Vienna?
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 03-11-2005, 06:59 AM   #27
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by BeefontheBone@Nov 3 2005, 07:47 AM
No. That comma is indicating a list: First Venice, then that Austrian (or was it German?) castle, then Yugoslavia.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:37 AM   #28
Gelfo
Game freak

I didnt enjoy Monkey Island II very much..well.. it was ok.. but nowhere near the genius of the first
Old 03-11-2005, 07:37 PM   #29
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by A. J. Raffles+Nov 3 2005, 02:59 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (A. J. Raffles @ Nov 3 2005, 02:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BeefontheBone@Nov 3 2005, 07:47 AM
No. That comma is indicating a list: First Venice, then that Austrian (or was it German?) castle, then Yugoslavia. [/b][/quote]
This is a off-topic post, but I sometimes wish some of you would refrain from posting your corrective marks in the forums.
It kind of clutters it up, and although it is very important to have proper grammar and spelling, many people are trying to talk on the topic's terms, while someone throws in a off topic and random comment dawdling on someone's speech, it can be a slight bit annoying.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 03-11-2005, 08:31 PM   #30
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

OK, point taken.

About Monkey Island II: how was it inferior to the first game? The graphics have improved, the puzzles are more complex and there are two different levels of difficulty. The humour is at least as good as in the first game, and there are several nice new characters like Largo and Wally. So what does Monkey Island I have that Monkey Island II doesn't?