Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-10-2009, 09:49 PM   #1
RRS
(Gaming) History Buff

Question Abandonia and Mobygames

What's the official Abandonia standing towards Mobygames? I've seen few reviews (mobyrank) from abandonia there with links. Do you support that? Or do you prefer to "stay in the shadow" in order not to draw unwanted attention? If you want your reviews there, is there anyone designated to submit them? or anyone can do it?
RRS is offline                         Send a private message to RRS
Old 04-10-2009, 05:53 AM   #2
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRS View Post
What's the official Abandonia standing towards Mobygames? I've seen few reviews (mobyrank) from abandonia there with links. Do you support that? Or do you prefer to "stay in the shadow" in order not to draw unwanted attention? If you want your reviews there, is there anyone designated to submit them? or anyone can do it?
Lol, we are the ones who submitted them there in the first place. I think most of our game reviews are featured there. (need to check about the ones added in the last 2 months)
TotalAnarchy is offline                         Send a private message to TotalAnarchy
Old 06-10-2009, 07:00 AM   #3
RRS
(Gaming) History Buff

I hoped so.
So if I find a game on moby's which is missing it's abandonia review - can I add it?
Old 06-10-2009, 11:35 AM   #4
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

Of course. Everyone can cite us.
Old 25-10-2009, 12:23 AM   #5
RRS
(Gaming) History Buff

What about box covers? Abandonia has a few rare ones that are missing from mobygames.
Old 25-10-2009, 04:51 AM   #6
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
What about box covers? Abandonia has a few rare ones that are missing from mobygames.
Of course NOT.
TotalAnarchy is offline                         Send a private message to TotalAnarchy
Old 26-10-2009, 05:58 PM   #7
RRS
(Gaming) History Buff

And why is that so obvious? You don't believe in sharing? Besides mobygames site has higher chance of survival as abandonia may be someday called old-warez site by some fanatic lawyer working for some big time company. You should create a fake-user "Abandonia" and share at least part of abandonia resources. That "user" can have link to your site in profile as a way of promoting the site etc. Don't worry, abandonia would still have exclusive material to draw people in (moby's don't host games, after all ;D )
Old 26-10-2009, 06:57 PM   #8
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
And why is that so obvious? You don't believe in sharing? Besides mobygames site has higher chance of survival as abandonia may be someday called old-warez site by some fanatic lawyer working for some big time company. You should create a fake-user "Abandonia" and share at least part of abandonia resources. That "user" can have link to your site in profile as a way of promoting the site etc. Don't worry, abandonia would still have exclusive material to draw people in (moby's don't host games, after all ;D )
What I don't believe in is you gaining mobypoints with the help of other people's hard work. And about sharing: I always thought this phenomena goes in both directions. When only one part is the one giving - it's called leeching.

Last edited by TotalAnarchy; 26-10-2009 at 07:04 PM.
Old 26-10-2009, 07:35 PM   #9
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

If the person contributing the boxshots wants Mobygames to hold copies of them, they can submit the scans by themselves. We will not do it on their behalf.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 29-10-2009, 02:07 AM   #10
RRS
(Gaming) History Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy View Post
What I don't believe in is you gaining mobypoints with the help of other people's hard work.
I beg your pardon - where did I say I want to do that? I was wondering if those items can be shared by original uploader or by abandonia itself (and I gave an example of a "generic user" representing the whole site).

Better change that tone, mister, if you don't want to find yourself alone someday here on the boards. See, The Fifth Horseman managed to explain everything to the point - and without stepping on anybody's toes.