Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-08-2006, 10:27 PM   #1
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh
Thumbs down

Tonight around 9PM, a huge storm caused disaster at the annual fireworks show in Budapest. August 20th is national holiday in Hungary, and there is a fireworks show in Budapest and some other cities around the country. But this year, a sudden storm caused wildspread panic and havoc at the time of the show. 2 dead, 1 missing, expecting these numbers to rise as info flows in. A falling tree killed 2 people and more in critical condition. The paniced crowd stomped on each other while seeking shelter from the storm. More hundred wounded, many cars and buildings roofing badly damaged, trees and power posts ripped out causing blackouts and service shortages.

There are many foreigners visiting this show from neighboring and other countries, so I guess this is news for you guys to hear. I have relatives and friends in Budapest but I can't reach them, because the phone services are down. If any of you have friends or relatives visiting the show, you better try to call them to see if they are safe.

Update as more info comes. Stay tuned.

UPDATE: The confirmed deatcount risen to 3, many fall from boats into the Duna river still missing, presumed dead. The missing people count risen to at least 20, wounded at least 100. There are still blackouts around the city, and Disaster Control called to pump water out of basements and underground stations. More news to come.

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 21-08-2006, 08:13 AM   #2
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

I hear about that early this morning watching TV. It looks horrible. And looses of lifes... really bad
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano
Old 21-08-2006, 10:57 AM   #3
Abi79
Home Sweet Abandonia

Send a message via Yahoo to Abi79

Hmm...nothing over there. Not even a news. Oh, wait. I didn't watch the news today. :P

Anyway, this sounds really bad. I hope none of you lost your friends (not relatives; relatives are bad...bad!) there.
Abi79 is offline                         Send a private message to Abi79
Old 21-08-2006, 11:01 AM   #4
Himmler
Trollmaster General

i'm glad you're ok
Himmler is offline                         Send a private message to Himmler
Old 21-08-2006, 09:13 PM   #5
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Thanks people, my friends are relatives are allright. But there is an update:

The confirmed deathcount is 4 now and 5 is in critical condition, and more than 100 injured, 3 people still missing. The property damage is enormous, roofings badly damaged, windows broken, water in basements and subway stations, the Red Bull Air Race equipment got damaged too, and many indiviudal valuables. The panic was the worst, as I saw on the news. People got hysterical, stomping at each other while seeking shelter. Really bad thing, nothing I've ever seen. A soo awesome thing like a huge fireworks show, and people dying. Jeez, here comes the WW3 or what...meh.... But I'm glad nobody get hurt from my social circle....at least...

Damn, that annual fireworks show is the coolest thing on that national holiday. And now it got tragically ruined by some freak storm attacking outta the blue. hhhhhh...my summer is got officially ruined...

Nothing good happened this summer, just bad thing...oh and worse things... and now this... I'm curesed or what the ffff????

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 21-08-2006, 09:24 PM   #6
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Sorry for you mate and especially the ones that got caught in it.
Old 21-08-2006, 10:50 PM   #7
Fawfulhasfury
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Playbahnosh @ Aug 21 2006, 09:13 PM) [snapback]250067[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Nothing good happened this summer, just bad thing...oh and worse things... and now this... I'm curesed or what the ffff????

[/b]
Mwahahahahahahahaha

(Glad to hear peoples you know are ok)
Fawfulhasfury is offline                         Send a private message to Fawfulhasfury
Old 22-08-2006, 01:03 AM   #8
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Well thanks for that Fawful. Showing off yer social skills? I think you spent too much time with Blood Pigggy :P

Old 22-08-2006, 06:34 AM   #9
Abi79
Home Sweet Abandonia

Send a message via Yahoo to Abi79

Bleh. One Romanian died and another one is missing. Party time As long as none of the Romanian translation team members nor my Romanian yahoo contacts not born in the city Oradea died, everything's okay. :P
Abi79 is offline                         Send a private message to Abi79
Old 22-08-2006, 02:26 PM   #10
Grinder
Funkpilz Inc.

You guys have no shame <_<
Grinder is offline                         Send a private message to Grinder