Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-10-2018, 06:18 AM   #1
Death Adder

Exclamation One Must Fall 2097 product & strategy guide scans?

Hello, all.

As in the title, looking to buy the complete registered version of One Must Fall 2097 for PC: the full product with box, manual, etc. And I'm also looking for the strategy guide, which was sold separately.

If you have them for sale please get in touch. Also interested in high-quality scans of these materials in case you own them but do NOT wish to sell them.

Thanks,

...and cruise by Diskman Presents: filled with geektastic classic gaming goodness!
Death Adder is offline                         Send a private message to Death Adder
Old 04-10-2018, 02:19 PM   #2
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Adder View Post
Hello, all.

As in the title, looking to buy the complete registered version of One Must Fall 2097 for PC: the full product with box, manual, etc. And I'm also looking for the strategy guide, which was sold separately.
Was it _ever_ sold with manual? All sources I found hinted that docs is on CD. Here it's claimed that they have the CD. But manual from this CD is on Abandonia already.

Guide is another deal, though. But I cannot found any offers online, sorry.
Old 04-10-2018, 11:27 PM   #3
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

gamefaqs has full movelist, backstories, and all the nitbits about Choosing Hidden Difficulty levels and such.
In case anything missing from the manual.
Old 05-10-2018, 10:18 AM   #4
Death Adder

Everything that people typed up, I have. Thanks. Am most interested in scans of the originals. And while there are scans of the box and poster artwork online, they're all in pretty low resolutions. I haven't seen any scans of the guide, sadly.

Will keep looking, but please PM or e-mail me if you can help out.

...and cruise by Diskman Presents: filled with geektastic classic gaming goodness!
Death Adder is offline                         Send a private message to Death Adder
Old 05-10-2018, 07:22 PM   #5
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
Was it _ever_ sold with manual? All sources I found hinted that docs is on CD.
The full registered version I purchased by phone from an Epic Megagames (as the original company was called back then) store somewhere in 1998 on CD actually had a printed manual booklet, funny enough. Although I lost my copy of the game many years ago so I don't remember much about, except that the cover was in yellow with some black lines and with picture(s) of robot(s) on it, and it wasn't a very thick booklet, just a little bit of brief info in it.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 09-10-2018, 09:42 AM   #6
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Abandonware-France have some scans. For French CD, unfortunately, at least, some of them.

And here is tweet with full scans of floppy-version, box included.

And there is LARGE poster.

Last edited by Smiling Spectre; 09-10-2018 at 09:47 AM.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 09-10-2018, 11:32 PM   #7
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post

Although I lost my copy of the game many years ago so I don't remember much about, except that the cover was in yellow with some black lines and with picture(s) of robot(s) on it, and it wasn't a very thick booklet, just a little bit of brief info in it.
This is a great pity, because I was once a great Collector of games in physical media, with luxurious Box, Toys and Accessories, Artbooks, etc.

However, I have surrendered now to the almost omnipresent digital games in which they are stored in the Library of your User account.

Much more practical and secure as long as you do not lose your password, email or get hacked by someone else. But even under these conditions, in theory, it would be possible to recover your User account...

In addition to having 2-step Verification (via Authenticator, SMS Mobile Phone, etc.) to login to new device, browser, etc.
Old 05-05-2021, 12:41 PM   #8
Death Adder

Exclamation

OK, I was finally able to acquire copies of the OMF2097 instruction manual & strategy guide in fab condition, and make high-resolution scans.

Feel welcome to download 'em...

One Must Fall 2097 Instruction Manual
One Must Fall 2097 Strategy Guide

...and enjoy!